Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFaiderHater View Post
I think it was because he played well early against what we thought was better competition. I didn't think KC would win the west, but I honestly thought Oakland and KC would be better than they were this year, Harris then showed he was completely over matched, and was eventually replaced by Haslam, who I wouldn't mind seeing brought back for depth.
Even at that, Harris had exactly one good game and that was week one against Oakland.

Quote:
I disagree, Troutman is a good run blocking Guard, but he struggled in pass pro, and honestly, I don't see him starting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Without looking it up I'm pretty sure I read that Troutman gave up exactly 0 sacks in his collegiate career.
How does anyone know what Troutman is good or bad at in the NFL at this point?

And I believe he gave up 1 sack while at Penn State, and zero sacks/pressure over his senior year.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Two of the top 4 picks works for me. Id go OT, Db, RB, OT. First four picks. At this point its completely fluid until FA comes around. Would seriously consider throwing a boatload of money at jake long and still. Draft a lineman high.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post

And I believe he gave up 1 sack while at Penn State, and zero sacks/pressure over his senior year.
No one does, we'll have to rely on the inhouse evaluation of him. Hopefully he looks good now so we can cross LG off our needs list.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
No one does, we'll have to rely on the inhouse evaluation of him. Hopefully he looks good now so we can cross LG off our needs list.
I'd like to sign Matt Slauson and let him compete with Troutman. Slauson is underrated and should be inexpensive. He'd be better than what we've had in 2012 if he wins, and we'd have a very solid backup if he loses.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Give me moar BEEF!

Quote:
Even at that, Harris had exactly one good game and that was week one against Oakland.

its no different than what evaluations are given with any drafted player. the fact is he has slow hands and I think he will have trouble blocking in the pros. I hope I am wrong as I hope every draft pick we have is a star, but the fact is I look at games from him, and while he is a big body that can be stout against bigger guys, he is going to have trouble with speedier interior rushers.
"Plan on it! I plan on bringing it every day to practice. Plan on me bringing that every Sunday. Plan on me bringing that to my offensive line. Thatís what Iím bringing to the table. When I get there, everyone will realize it."

D.J. Fluker
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
its no different than what evaluations are given with any drafted player. the fact is he has slow hands and I think he will have trouble blocking in the pros. I hope I am wrong as I hope every draft pick we have is a star, but the fact is I look at games from him, and while he is a big body that can be stout against bigger guys, he is going to have trouble with speedier interior rushers.
But you said he "is good" at run blocking and "did struggle" in pass protection. Present and past tense. That just doesn't any sense since he hasn't played in the NFL yet. And it makes even less sense if you're referring to college where he was consistently near-perfect in pass protection.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Vegeterian Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
I'm sure the line will be GREAT starting 3 rookies...

I think OL and CB in the first two rounds, depending on who is available. After that it's wide open. We can also address needs in FA as well. This thread makes the internet sad.
where did i say we would start 3 rookies?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Vegeterian Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMelHo View Post
We should only be starting one rookie, two tops. 3 is ridiculous. Let alone, the chance of you getting talent that good are not that high in all 3 rounds.
again, i never said anything about starting any rookies! i suggested we rebuild the (neglected) line with high draft picks. i would expect a top 11 OL to start, not all 3 draft picks. i just don't see the point of drafting a CB with our history. aside from that i don't see any position we need more than LG. so since we would be getting CB dealt with in FA, i proposed drafting 3 OL with our first 3 picks. yes, it's a bit drastic, but so is the nosedive this offense went into with the horrible play on the entire left side of the line, and RT. before mcneil, the last 2nd round pick i remember us spending on 0-line was toniu freaking fonoti! the last time i saw him was on the discovery channel with the fire department using the jaws of life to cut him out of his bedroom.

btw, to those who don't like the idea of a thread about the O-line, why are you even taking the time to comment (some multiple times!)? go take a walk, do a @$%^ing sudoku. anyway, i don't actually think i have seen one calling for our first 3 picks to be spent on the line.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Oh I like the idea of A thread on the OL. We have several. Didn't see the need for yet another.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Vegeterian Veteran

Quote:
Oh I like the idea of A thread on the OL. We have several. Didn't see the need for yet another.
yet here you are, with what, like 5 comments...