Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Let's be honest here and admit that winning in Pitt and NY wasn't a huge feat this season.
ill admit it. though the pitt game was somewhat satisfying of a win, it wasnt that huge a feat...the jets game, although amusing to see a guy get sacked 11 times, wasnt all that impressive and certainly not very meaningful.

also loved every single shot of sanchez on the bench buried in clipboard writing.

-Mario Lopez
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Norv's record against winning teams while HC in SD 11-20.
In six years he never fixed the delay of game issue.
We had one of the worst 2 minute drills in the NFL.
Horrible clock management.
We had to win one important game in 2010 and 2011 to make the POs, lost both.
We had multple chances and the inside shot at making the PO in 2012, failed in every game.
From what I could tell even though I believe he is a good OC, Norv never figured out how to beat the Tampa II and it's derivatives.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Let's be honest here and admit that winning in Pitt and NY wasn't a huge feat this season.
It wasn't -- it was just TYPICAL we'd finally beat two teams that have given us fits in a season in which it DIDN'T matter.

We got a couple monkeys off our back, but not the monkeys that matter.

Would like to see the Padres pitch a no-hitter some day, too -- but obviously, neither that nor beating PIT on the road resolves bigger wants

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau

"Where as I was not incorrect, they did not mean what I thought they had meant." -Charlie Sanders

Last edited by thumper300zx; 01-02-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Hey shouldn't Norv Turner threads be moved into around the league or some other off topic thread?

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
wow it's still going, Here it is Norv is the greatest football coach to ever walk the face of the earth. They should put him in the HOF 20 times due to his greatness. The fact that his players have always sucked is the only thing that kept Norv from winning a super bowl every season he has coached. I will Join you all and bow down to the greatest of greats.

Dude the way you handle things and brush it off is so immature. Whenever you see something you don't like you just throw out the most ridiculous bias posts from left field. Players always sucked? Do you know how NOT true that is? That is just a pure fabrication, and you're always doing it.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolbolts View Post
No one even trys to explain it, They ignore it go around it or try and act like it's a common thing ie just happens. Even when it don't happen we blew a lead in a 4th quarter this season that was the largest done in 30ish years last time it happened the nfl team disbanded at the end of that season.

Your not going to get anywhere, Norv is great the team sucks. we all got to hope the team sucks next season so norv can even be elevated more. And then we all can be happy on the CMB.

Here you go again.. Amazing. It's just amazing and satisfying to see how you act about this. It's like Norv slept with your girlfriend. That's how bad you hate him. It is COMPLETELY obvious that talking with you about Norv is a dead end. You can not accept facts. They are oblivious to you. Any time a positive fact is put in front of you, you just tear it down (obvious bias). You don't EVER look at the flip side of the coin. You can't take anything as it is. Your rationale on this topic is ridiculous. It's been well documented.

You always tear down the positive circumstances, but never tear down your negative opinions. Norv could have won the superbowl and most likely would not have gotten credit from you. I would be willing to bet that you would sit here and continue to act the way you do.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekal View Post
Dude the way you handle things and brush it off is so immature. Whenever you see something you don't like you just throw out the most ridiculous bias posts from left field. Players always sucked? Do you know how NOT true that is? That is just a pure fabrication, and you're always doing it.
Yes the whole post is ment to be sarcastic and over the top, It's in direct collation to many of the fabricated unsubstantiated reaching done on the other side.

With Byron Jerideau being able to lift 500+ pounds could he Chokeslam two O-line men?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Taking a Chill Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekal View Post
Did you know that coaches make that core also? Coaches like Cam and Wade Phillips? How about Donnie Edwards and Randall Godfrey?

Does everyone forget how many pieces we lost after that 06 season? All we kept were most of the same players. Some of the staff. If I remember correctly, we lost two position coaches, the HC, and the OC and DC.

Also, the 2006 season was CUPCAKE. CUUUUUPPPP CAAAAKEEEE.

Raiders
Titans
Ravens(playoffs) 13-3 (Loss)
Steelers (missed playoffs)
49ers
Chiefs
Browns
Rams
Bengals
Broncos
Raiders
Bills
Broncos
Chiefs
Seahawks(Playoffs 9-7)
Cardinals.

We had one of the greatest running backs in his prime that year along with a good offensive line.

The year after that we made it one game away from the SB against one of the best teams to ever touch a field while we were beat down and injured. We lost by 9 points.

Go look at the 2007 season, compare schedules, compare adversity and you will understand that Norv Turner is a great coach when you look at some of the things he did that year. Martys team Martys team. Yea, Cam left his playbook for Norv that Norv taught him in the first place. Yay!

One of our two losses came from a team that was supposed to be as good as us.

lol, Godfrey and Edwards??? Godfrey became a situational player his last few years spitting time with Cooper. Half of the CMB claimed that Edwards was the worst Linebacker in the league.

The conversation is about player talent. Norv was given a loaded roster and couldnt get the job done. He was able to bring in his own staff. Thats on him.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Taking a Chill Pill

Do many of you consider Jim Caldwell a good coach??
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I have to disagree bro. I do not care how down Pitt was this year, it took over 5 decades to get our first RS win there. That is a great feat no matter how crappy Pitt is
Closed Thread