Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
We scored 6 points against a very average Browns D. Even in bad conditions no excuse.

Beat Pitt at Pitt but get taken to the cleaners by Carolina at home. How does one explain that?

Never mind blowing a 24 point lead to the Broncos, at least the Broncos are a good team this year. But 24 points? Really?
Pathetic.

For one half, we looked like the team to beat, the Broncos were looking to have a very poor start to the year. What a difference one half makes.

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Honestly, 2009 was Norv's best coaching job. That team shouldn't have won 13 games, given how bad the running game and defensive line were.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper300zx View Post
Right.

And also right.

And this year, we beat the Jets and Steelers on the road and had some good special teams plays (though also more blocked punts, eek).
You mean those Jets and Steelers that both finished .500 or below and missed the playoffs? Great accomplishment right there.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
We scored 6 points against a very average Browns D. Even in bad conditions no excuse.

Beat Pitt at Pitt but get taken to the cleaners by Carolina at home. How does one explain that?

Never mind blowing a 24 point lead to the Broncos, at least the Broncos are a good team this year. But 24 points? Really?
No one even trys to explain it, They ignore it go around it or try and act like it's a common thing ie just happens. Even when it don't happen we blew a lead in a 4th quarter this season that was the largest done in 30ish years last time it happened the nfl team disbanded at the end of that season.

Your not going to get anywhere, Norv is great the team sucks. we all got to hope the team sucks next season so norv can even be elevated more. And then we all can be happy on the CMB.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Rookie

Norv was right! we did not have enough talent at the head coach position, and the GM position. Also the oline, the RBs, the wide outs, and the secondary were not up to standards either.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
If you only knew then

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsteele View Post
You mean those Jets and Steelers that both finished .500 or below and missed the playoffs? Great accomplishment right there.
Seeing that we have never won a RS game in Pitt until that game, it actually was a great accomplishment.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Ready to eat crow

Let's be honest here and admit that winning in Pitt and NY wasn't a huge feat this season.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Thinking back on this year, I thought he was "out-coached" against Denver and New Orleans. He came into the 2nd halves of those games with a 24 and 10 point lead respectively and the running game working well. He then relied on the pass as though we were behind and opened the door for the Broncos and Saints comebacks. Dumervil's strip-six in particular came on a play that was begging for a run. When you pass as much as we were in the 2nd halves of those games, you increase the risk of turnovers and keep the clock from running out. Poor game management.
so was he outcoached in the pitt game? he did virtually the same thing with a huge lead, it worked. I dont see the strip sack fumble td as a begging run play. It was 3rd and 7 from long distance fg range. we had passed the previous 3rd down about 10 yards back on a 3rd and 8...was that begging for run? but we made it.

As for the saints game, i really seem to remember mathews just running out of gas. Collinsworth even commented that mathews was getting up slowly each carry in the 2nd half. every first down we ran the ball in the 2nd half mathews got nothing. we also only had a 10 point lead with the ball one time and rivers didnt start turning the ball over that game until we were losing. i dont see that as outcoached.

-Mario Lopez
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Let's be honest here and admit that winning in Pitt and NY wasn't a huge feat this season.
ill admit it. though the pitt game was somewhat satisfying of a win, it wasnt that huge a feat...the jets game, although amusing to see a guy get sacked 11 times, wasnt all that impressive and certainly not very meaningful.

also loved every single shot of sanchez on the bench buried in clipboard writing.

-Mario Lopez
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Norv's record against winning teams while HC in SD 11-20.
In six years he never fixed the delay of game issue.
We had one of the worst 2 minute drills in the NFL.
Horrible clock management.
We had to win one important game in 2010 and 2011 to make the POs, lost both.
We had multple chances and the inside shot at making the PO in 2012, failed in every game.
From what I could tell even though I believe he is a good OC, Norv never figured out how to beat the Tampa II and it's derivatives.
Closed Thread