Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran

Chase Thomas would be a great 2/3 rounder. He has strong hands uses them well to get past blockers and hustles on every play. He is also playing in a 3-4 scheme which would make him a good fit for the Chargers. He seems a bit slow and doesn't look like he has the speed/power to be an elite pass rusher. Although, he has a great arm-over technique to get through the LOS. He seems to have alot upside and potential. Experts are saying with great post-season workouts/combine numbers he could get picked up in the earlier rounds.

IMO, he has potential to be a starter and has the ability to become an effective pass rusher. I can see him working hard and posting good numbers to get into the late 2nd round. I really like the guy but if the Chargers do decide to go OLB in the 2nd he might not be the pass rusher they are looking for.

Last edited by uber; 01-02-2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
Chase Thomas would be a great 2/3 rounder. He has strong hands uses them well to get past blockers and hustles on every play. He is also playing in a 3-4 scheme which would make him a good fit for the Chargers. He seems a bit slow and doesn't look like he has the speed/power to be an elite pass rusher. Although, he has a great arm-over technique to get through the LOS. He seems to have alot upside and potential. Experts are saying with great post-season workouts/combine numbers he could get picked up in the earlier rounds.

IMO, he has potential to be a starter and has the ability to become an effective pass rusher. I can see him working hard and posting good numbers to get into the late 2nd round. I really like the guy but if the Chargers do decide to go OLB in the 2nd he might not be the pass rusher they are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5CCo4dcLE
Exactly why I dont want him. I think with the team we have, we already have enough OLB's who will be good run defenders, not elite pass rushers that are hustle players. We need an athletic true #1 pass rusher. I really like Dion Jordan still, as someone else has said , maybe on another board, but he's an especially good compliment to Ingram.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolting Xero View Post
I would take Jenkins if those two where all that's available.
Jenkins is crap, even if he was healthy. Carradine IMO is the clear cut better player, but i dont think he fits in the 34 well at all.

I feel like someone's gonna have to drop with all the athletic pass rushers in this class, someone's athleticism isn't going to live up to the other guys and i feel like someone could drop to the 2nd round. Mingo, Jones, Moore, Werner, Jordan, Ansah, Montgomery, and maybe even Okafor, though i think he's out of that group. I'm not sure all 6/7 of those guys go in the first round, but they very well could.

Another guy that could be a sleeper is Mike Catapano from Princeton. Dominated the Ivy league this year, but is supposedly an incredible athlete.

Another guy who i really like in the 2nd/3rd if he comes out is James Gayle, supposedly runs a 4.4 at 260-265, and has close to a 40" vert. Deffinitely a good high upside/developmental player who we could hopefully mold to be a #1 pass rusher.

Last edited by SDfootball61; 01-02-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5CCo4dcLE
Chase Thomas is a #2 guy. We have that in Ingram. We need a new Merriman now.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfootball61 View Post
Exactly why I dont want him. I think with the team we have, we already have enough OLB's who will be good run defenders, not elite pass rushers that are hustle players. We need an athletic true #1 pass rusher. I really like Dion Jordan still, as someone else has said , maybe on another board, but he's an especially good compliment to Ingram.
You're right. I really like Dion Jordan as well but I find it hard to believe he could slip to us in the 2nd. With his blend of size and speed this guy could really make an impact. Especially if he has Ingram at the other end.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Give me moar BEEF!

Quote:
You're right. I really like Dion Jordan as well but I find it hard to believe he could slip to us in the 2nd. With his blend of size and speed this guy could really make an impact. Especially if he has Ingram at the other end.
If Lewan and Fisher somehow are both gone by the time we pick, I would be okay Drafting Dion Jordan with our pick. I have a feeling he is going to shoot up draft boards.
"Plan on it! I plan on bringing it every day to practice. Plan on me bringing that every Sunday. Plan on me bringing that to my offensive line. Thatís what Iím bringing to the table. When I get there, everyone will realize it."

D.J. Fluker
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Hall of Famer

I too have changed my stance on Dion Jordan. I'll even draft Dion over Ansah. The way he bends the corner without losing speed is ridiculous add to it that burst off the snap, closing speed, length, high motor, hands and knows how to get thin and you have the makings of a dominant pass rusher.

Just has to add about 10 pounds.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Jenkins is crap, even if he was healthy. Carradine IMO is the clear cut better player, but i dont think he fits in the 34 well at all.

I feel like someone's gonna have to drop with all the athletic pass rushers in this class, someone's athleticism isn't going to live up to the other guys and i feel like someone could drop to the 2nd round. Mingo, Jones, Moore, Werner, Jordan, Ansah, Montgomery, and maybe even Okafor, though i think he's out of that group. I'm not sure all 6/7 of those guys go in the first round, but they very well could.

Another guy that could be a sleeper is Mike Catapano from Princeton. Dominated the Ivy league this year, but is supposedly an incredible athlete.

Another guy who i really like in the 2nd/3rd if he comes out is James Gayle, supposedly runs a 4.4 at 260-265, and has close to a 40" vert. Deffinitely a good high upside/developmental player who we could hopefully mold to be a #1 pass rusher.
Out of the people you listed I think Okafor may end up in the 2nd. What do you think of Sean Porter? So far I like him in the mid rounds.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Okafor and Montgomery are the two that, IMO, have a chance at slipping into the second. I'd be fine with Okafor (though that Or. State game may pushed him out of our reach). However, if the reports about Montgomery's work ethic are true, I don't want him.

I'd like to know just what the heck happened to Lemonier.

2011: 13.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 15 hurries

First four games of 2012: 5 TFL, 5 sacks, 5 hurries

Last eight games of 2012: .5 TFL,.5 sacks, 8 hurries

How in the world do you explain that?

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Give me moar BEEF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Okafor and Montgomery are the two that, IMO, have a chance at slipping into the second. I'd be fine with Okafor (though that Or. State game may pushed him out of our reach). However, if the reports about Montgomery's work ethic are true, I don't want him.

I'd like to know just what the heck happened to Lemonier.

2011: 13.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 15 hurries

First four games of 2012: 5 TFL, 5 sacks, 5 hurries

Last eight games of 2012: .5 TFL,.5 sacks, 8 hurries

How in the world do you explain that?
That Auburn team was pretty terrible. he really had no one else on that Defense capable of making plays, and I think as teams saw how bad they were, they adjusted to shutting him out. he has all the athleticism one could ask for.
"Plan on it! I plan on bringing it every day to practice. Plan on me bringing that every Sunday. Plan on me bringing that to my offensive line. Thatís what Iím bringing to the table. When I get there, everyone will realize it."

D.J. Fluker