Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran

It seems as if, in reality, th're raising the ticket prices for the seasonticket holders that were there this year,to make up for all the unsold seats this year.
The product being put on the field the last 3 years has stunk and really hasn't warranted have the seats renewed. Especially, when we have to pay full price for exhibition games.
The ones really getting ripped off are lower field seats, 50 yard line or not, you can't see a thing, so you have to stand the whole time. I had season tickets for a few years, when they were half price. Now THEY ARE PREMIUM Seats!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran

These guys have lost there minds... A 7-9 season + 3 yrs of no playoffs and they are raising my season seat costs by 18%??! For my 5 seats it is an extra $1000 for the season with the new price structure. Here's a summary of the email- 'Sorry for another disappointing season, and we really want to eliminate these blackouts caused by having a sucky team and coach, so our new proposal is sticking it our season ticket holders with an 18% price hike'.

You can add 5 more seats they need to fill to help with their blackout situation, cause I just got priced out....
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Colossal Ruvall

This will put a damper on our yearly game that my family attends. We always try to sit in Field or Plaza so that's automatically a $40 increase per ticket. Multiply that by 6 or 7 and suddenly it's $280 dollars more. Which definitely means no more money to the Charger Store. Or the concession stand. Or to game programs.

Bad timing as has been stated as well. "Sorry for 3 straight years of missing the playoffs but please pay us more." The timing and tone of the message doesn't sit right with me.

That being said, it is a "smart business model" and something they've needed to do for a few years now. But that's been Dean Spanos all along. Always a year or three too late with the changes. For being a business man he has a horrible sense of when to enact changes around here.

My final point and gripe has to do with "keeping prices in line with the rest of the league". Please tell me how playing in one of the oldest, leakiest and crumbliest stadiums in the league adds to the value of tickets.

Let's look at the Raiders, who play in a stadium that is a year older and also underwent a renovation in the 90's. Granted, they play in an obtuse and horribad stadium setup but their upper level seats sell for 36-56 for a single ticket and 71 for 50 yard line. A hair cheaper.

Field and plaza levels? 86-106. I mean their club tickets are 136-160. Their last playoff appearance was 10 years ago which contributes to that. But the point is, what have you done for me lately? Bad timing on this. I wish they could've kept the season ticket holders happier by keeping their prices the same for at least another year or two instead of just jacking it up on them. The single game tickets would be sold for the higher prices of course.

All in all, for an old crappy stadium and a team that has historically always disappointed.. this won't sit well for anyone. Except maybe single, down and out Joe Schmo or that group of loud rowdy drunks that want a cheap game to go with their 8 dollar beers.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Moderator of Delusions

They haven't raised pricies in three years. I think the one before that was 3 years. I understand the price hike and think it would of come regardless of the record. My issue really is the amount.
I figure that they are thinking if people are paying primium prices they can afford it, so they should be able to handle the increase. My guess is once the team starts winning again, they will up the ones they dropped this time around.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Go Charrrrrrrgers!

just wait till a new stadium gets built - it will be and average, that is an average of 3000 dollars just for a PSL - and thats for one seat alone, so you want the right to purchase two seats? = $6,000.00 up front for the right..

and then you for thousands of extra dollars can purchase two seats, with a huge increase on each ticket.

I used to have 14 season tickets, went to 10 then 4, preparing for that day...

well guess what, I am done, they will build a stadium and NO ONE WILL COME !

perpetual blackouts...

so this increase is nada compared to whats coming....
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran

I don't have an issue with a price increase, but an increase of $20 per ticket or 18% that is totally out of line and will keep a lot of season ticket holders (including myself) from being able to renew. I would have no gripe if the tickets went up a few bucks, but a poor product in a lousy stadium and the result is a large price increase, give me a break.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Veteran

The fact is, when we were winning in the 2000's, the season ticket prices were raised 3 years in a row.
The NFL researched the price of tickets for a family of 4 this year, and we were 10th in the league, price wise, but record wise the team was in the lower 3rd for performance.
Think I've just been priced out. 2 tickets $220, parking and gas $40, that's before tailgate supplies... Think I'll just get Direct TV and check out the weekly premium game of the week, on my 55" LED Sony and barbeque and have Coronas at HOME!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd77 View Post
just wait till a new stadium gets built - it will be and average, that is an average of 3000 dollars just for a PSL - and thats for one seat alone, so you want the right to purchase two seats? = $6,000.00 up front for the right..

and then you for thousands of extra dollars can purchase two seats, with a huge increase on each ticket.

I used to have 14 season tickets, went to 10 then 4, preparing for that day...

well guess what, I am done, they will build a stadium and NO ONE WILL COME !

perpetual blackouts...

so this increase is nada compared to whats coming....

Most PSL's have payment plans - I've been reading on them. Problem is there is no seat relocation. Your seat is yours unless you trade or buy someone else's PSL. I'm hoping the Chargers stay in SD get a new stadium and use PSL's to finance the stadium.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 PM

This is just Dean's ploy to further reduce attendance for a bad team to convince the league San Diego doesn't support the Chargers. The wheels are in motion for LA.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
PHILIP RIVERS SUPPORTER

Spanos has to pay Aj and Norv salary. So like always we will suffer. Let me guess parking will go up to 30 bucks now