Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
How were you able to start threads with just 132 posts?

#cheater
I'm guessing it is because this account is a few years old believe it is a time or post requirement.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Optimistic pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD FreeBaller View Post
I'm guessing it is because this account is a few years old believe it is a time or post requirement.
I think it is an in season rule so new people don't sign up and start threads like crazy, but off season it is open.

who knows.

but Lovie had 3 good seasons out of 9 in Chicago, a team hell bent on winning with 4-5 hall of famer defensive players. Why would we want him here?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM
All-Pro

They talked to a guy on ESPN (He's one of the experts, but I can't remember his name.) who said that the Chargers were interested in Lovie Smith, Bruce Arians, and JAY Gruden. He said that Jimmy Raye is the frontrunner for GM.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
chargedup56

What about Jim Caldwell for OC? Was he the one that helped with the no huddle in
Baltimore?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Paradise is on the left.

The thing about Lovie I don't like is his similarity to Marty. Very bland offense as the NFL moves away from the grind it out game...although we do need to run the ball better. But what's worse, is his teams seem to win when they play a weaker schedule, and take a dump when they have to play a better schedule. The year they went to the SB they played, if not the easiest, one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. That's why Marty only won every other year. Give him a 1st place schedule, and 8-8 would be a good record. Give him a 3rd or 4th place schedule, and the Chargers looked like SB contenders. That vaunted 14-2 record was against one of the weakest schedules in the NFL. Out of all the HC candidates, Lovie is the one I dread being forced upon us.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 AM

I don't think we have to worry as much about Lovie being hired as Arians.

Lovie is the defensive version of Norv. Don't try to tell me that he took his team to the Superbowl, there no second place trophys. You have to win the Super Bowl to get any merit. And besides, like the poster above me said, Lovie has only had a few good seasons in Chicago despite having an immense amour of talent on defense.

He's a defensive coach and he couldn't even win deep into the playoffs when having a great D and a pro bowl franchise QB in Cutler. With good coaching and that kind of a defense, Cutler should have been good enough to be the QB of a championship team.

Spanos and Wolf will see this. At least Wolf will. Lovie is one of those guys who are best suited as DC.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
I don't think we have to worry as much about Lovie being hired as Arians.

Lovie is the defensive version of Norv. Don't try to tell me that he took his team to the Superbowl, there no second place trophys. You have to win the Super Bowl to get any merit. And besides, like the poster above me said, Lovie has only had a few good seasons in Chicago despite having an immense amour of talent on defense.

He's a defensive coach and he couldn't even win deep into the playoffs when having a great D and a pro bowl franchise QB in Cutler. With good coaching and that kind of a defense, Cutler should have been good enough to be the QB of a championship team.

Spanos and Wolf will see this. At least Wolf will. Lovie is one of those guys who are best suited as DC.
The bears like us had a bad oline. But I will agree that Lovie should have had this team go deeper this year with their defense basically winning games for them
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
@iamjoeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
The bears like us had a bad oline. But I will agree that Lovie should have had this team go deeper this year with their defense basically winning games for them
They started out 7-1 and missed the playoffs. We have had enough collapses on our own.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
The last 3 years with cutler (who is not a great QB by any stretch) he has coached his team to the NFCCG, a 7-3 record until Cutler and Forte got hurt and a 10-6 record only losing to playoff teams in the process (Houston, SF, GB, Minn, Seattle). Thats not too bad.

I dont want him though.

-Mario Lopez
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
no worries...

Lovie? the Bears coach?

Mr. Spanos, Have you not already punished the fans enough? Now Lovie? please G O D no! NO! NO! and so mo no!