Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Give me moar BEEF!

Default SDFaiderHater's 2013 Mock

To keep continuity, I went with the same draft order as Kemp.

Chiefs: G. Smith, QB, W. Virginia-
A signal caller is all but a lock here, While I dont think Geno is the best player, KC cannot go into next season with Cassel or Quinn at QB. No mater where Alex Smith or Flynn go, I don't see either of them being Starters.

Jaguars: J. Jones, OLB, Georgia-
I don't see his spine causing him to drop, he is, IMO the top OLB coming out this year, and the Jags need an edge rush above anything.

Raiders: B. Werner, DE, FSU-
The Raiders need serious help on their DL, and it depends on whether they decide to go with an end or tackle. the sexy pick is edge rusher Werner, the safer pick is Star, nothing has shown me that this team is any different without the crypt keeper at the helm, so I say they go with Werner.

Eagles: L. Joeckel, OT,
Texas AM- not going to mention anything here, it doesn't need to be said.

Lions: D. Milliner, CB, Alabama-
the Lions need CB help, Milliner is the best CB in this draft, and no receiver in this draft warrants a top 5 pick.

Browns: D. Moore, DE, Texas AM-
Moore is the BPA at a position of need for the Browns, he is a difference maker that will come in and play from day 1.

Cardinals: E. Fisher, OT, CMU-
Charger fans let out a collective sigh with this pick, but it makes the most sense. they need to shore up a terrible OL to see if any of those QBs are worth squat, I suspect they aren't but no rookie is going to come in and be effective without a decent OL.

Bills:Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame-
Te'o will excel in a 4-3 more favorably, and the bills do need help at LB. I don't think he is going to be Seau, like many Charger fans who want him think, but in a 4-3 defense, I think he could be a pro-bowl caliber MLB.

Jets: B. Mingo DE, LSU-
Jets need a pass rush from the edge like Rex Ryan needs a visit to Tattoo Nightmares.

Titans: C. Warmack, OG, Alabama-
Warmack is a mauler, who I would love to see in a Bolts uni. but the titans need help and DE and OG, and I think that the run on the elite pass rushers makes them take the best Guard to come out in a few drafts.

Chargers: S. Lotuleli, DT, Utah-
I know I know, I'll get blasted here for not going Lewan, but I just don't like his pass blocking, if we go with a more run oriented offense, like Lovie Smith would like to run if he is coach, then I can see Lewan being the choice. this may seem like a bit of a luxury pick, but Star is IMO, the best player coming out this year, and along with the up and coming talent we have in Liuget and Reyes, would make our defense borderline sick.

Dolphins: K. Allen, WR, Cal-
the Dolphins have a huge need at Receiver. I don't know if Allen is my top choice at receiver, but I haven't seen anyone else that is better.

Buccaneers: J. Banks, CB, Miss. State-
Bucs need CB help, badly, Banks is the next on the list after Milliner, and he fits the scheme that tampa uses on D.

Panthers: J. Hankins, DT, Ohio st.-
assuming R.Rivera is back as coach next year, he would be the perfect Coach, IMO, to get the potential that Hankins has, out on the football field. he is physically gifted, and I think if coached up, could be one of the steals of this draft.

Saints: D. Jordan, DE, Oregon-
I have Jordan in my cluster of picks for the Chargers, I think he is special, and the Saints luck out and get a bargain pick, much like the Chargers got with Ingram a year ago.

Rams: T. Lewan, OT, Michigan-
will start at RT day one, and shore up a Line that needs serious help after missing on the Smith pick.

Steelers: J. Jenkins, NT, Georgia-
Casey Hampton is ancient, and a defense is only as strong as that keystone that is the NT.

Cowboys: J. Cooper, G, NC-
Dallas needs help at Guard, and Cooper is different, but close to Warmack in talent.

Giants: E. Ansah, DE, BYU-
The G-men love pass rushers, and really don't have much opposite JPP.

Bears: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia-
Urlacher is old, and is probably done in Chitown, Olgetree is my top ILB, ahead of Te'o, who I think will go higher based on recognition more so than merrit.

Rams (from Redskins): C. Patterson, WR, Tenn.-
the 1b to Allen's 1a in terms of my ranking of WR's, Raw, but he is a special talent.

Vikings: T. Williams, WR, Baylor-
the Vikings just miss out on the top talent of a thin WR group, but need to add Receivers if Ponder is ever going to become a more consistent QB.

Bengals: S. Montgomery, DE, LSU-
Michael Johnson could leave, this is a boom or bust pick, Montgomery has all the physical tools to be taken higher, but his questionable work ethic causes him to drop, they turned Andre Smith into a professional, maybe they strike gold twice.

Colts: M. Elam, S, Florida-
The Colts need help on their Oline, but I think they pull the trigger on the top safety to come out this year. it also, is a position of need.

Seahawks: J. Hunter, WR, Tennessee-
Seattle needs to get Wilson some more targets if he is going to reach the next level, Hunter has had some trouble with consistent play, but I think he can be coached up, has great potential.

Ravens: E. Reid, FS, LSU-
The Ravens defense is going to be overhauled, age really caught up with Ed Reed, and Ray Lewis, who we know won't be back, Reed is a big possibility to retire as well.

Texans: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri-
JJ Watt is a beast, but the rest of the line is less than exciting, Richardson would be a steal here, and make one heck of a bookend with Watt.

Falcons: A. Okafor, DE, Texas-
the last of the first round grade DEs is a lock for the falcons, they need edge rushers as much as anyone.

49ers: K. Vaccaro S, Texas-
Whitner has been less than stellar, and Vaccaro fits within the value of the pick.

Broncos: S. Williams, DT, NC-
Wolfe has been a great pick, but they still need help on that Dline. Williams would be a starter day 1.

Packers: T. Eifert-
Finley is gone, and although they need help at center, Barrett Jones is the top rated center, but he is not value here.

Patriots: T. Austin-
Welker may be gone after this season, and Austin would give them a replacement.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Draft This Man

There is no way Star drops anywhere near 11. If so, something is very wrong.

Also, Te'o got straight embarrassed vs. Alabama. Shows what happens when he has nothing helping. He's a 25ish guy, not top 10.

sean of BSX
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Give me moar BEEF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
There is no way Star drops anywhere near 11. If so, something is very wrong.

Also, Te'o got straight embarrassed vs. Alabama. Shows what happens when he has nothing helping. He's a 25ish guy, not top 10.
I disagree, if Star gets passed the Raiders, I can't really see a team that needs a DT more than other needs.

Also, Bama's offensive line is ridiculous, there was no way they weren't going steamroll ND. I can't put the blame on Te'o there.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

I won't blast you for not going Lewan. Lotulelei would be the obvious choice if available. But I just don't see it happening. I think more QB's will go in the top ten than you have here.

Criticisms:
- I think you have Te'o too high.
- Hankins has not played like a 1st round pick at all in 2012.
- Cooper is a poor fit for the Cowboys blocking scheme.

Nice job overall.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Draft This Man

So what we're saying is because Bama has an NFL quality line and Te'o looked bad, it is ok because they were so good when he will face a better line every week in the NFL? Te'o is not special. Period. Average athlete, can't shed blockers, isn't even that good in coverage and his tackling skills are overrated. Put that together and you don't get top 10 pick.

sean of BSX
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFaiderHater View Post
I disagree, if Star gets passed the Raiders, I can't really see a team that needs a DT more than other needs.

Also, Bama's offensive line is ridiculous, there was no way they weren't going steamroll ND. I can't put the blame on Te'o there.
So their line forced him to whiff on tackles, attempt to run around blocks, and get turned around in coverage? Don't just give him a free pass.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Draft This Man

Like the Michael Williams TD. Te'o looked like a deer in headlights when it wasn't run.

sean of BSX
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Wow, id be walking on clouds knowing star will be wearing bolts. question, doesn't stars build look more like a 43 dt? Im sure he can plays either, but I thought he would be better suited for that.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Hell no.

I don't care if a guy guaranteed to be the next Haloti Ngata is at #11, we HAVE to go OL. We have been pushing off drafting OL in the first round for the past 10 and look where it's gotten us now. It would be completely inexcusable to not draft an OL in the NFL.

Unless you don't want this team to improve next year of course.

Our DL is pretty rock solid with youngsters Liuget, Thomas and Reyes manning it. While Star is a great prospect, we are so desperate at the OL that we need to draft OL first round. Whether its a guard, tackle or center doesn't matter.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 AM
<<Offseason Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
Hell no.

I don't care if a guy guaranteed to be the next Haloti Ngata is at #11, we HAVE to go OL. We have been pushing off drafting OL in the first round for the past 10 and look where it's gotten us now. It would be completely inexcusable to not draft an OL in the NFL.

Unless you don't want this team to improve next year of course.

Our DL is pretty rock solid with youngsters Liuget, Thomas and Reyes manning it. While Star is a great prospect, we are so desperate at the OL that we need to draft OL first round. Whether its a guard, tackle or center doesn't matter.
I believe I am in agreement with this. UNLESS, we pick up a stud OL in FA then I wouldn't be opposed to OL with the 1st 2 picks. There's not a single guy on our OL that could not be upgraded.

My Hopes (not mock as I am not qualified)

1.) Fisher/Lewan
2.) Barrett Jones
3.) Best Available CB
4.) Marcus Lattimore (fingers crossed)