Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
PRIMETIME

Parking is run by the city not the chargers
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM
4th and Hooters

Sideline view level seats are still way too much. It's a joke.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
4th and Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. 45,000 seats unchanged or reduced for 6 years straight? Unheard of in this economy where everyone is raising prices trying to make up for lost sales revenue.

Seems like just about anything else. You get what you pay for.

Who is "everyone"? Unheard of by whom, exactly?

Last season, FOUR teams raised prices. Denver, who raised prices in some section for the first time in 3 years and also lowered prices in other sections.

Read here for others. Notice that all the teams that raised prices after last season were playoff teams.

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Four-...eason021217666

Whereas last season, TEN teams lowered ticket prices.

"Still, he points out that ten teams lowered ticket prices this year "because they see that attendance numbers are actually slowly creeping downward." For him, a broad-based increase in attendance, particularly in the housing-hammered areas of the south and southwest, would clearly imply an uptick in confidence."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...133533087.html

Of course, this must be factored in with the idea that the CHARGERS CAN DO NO WRONG, EVER EVER!!! and facts aren't applicable in this situation.

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Work hard play hard

The tiered pricing was a long time coming - it never made sense to have endzone Plaza seats cost as much as midfield.

However, timing is everything. If Chargers want more season ticket holders in those terrible upper endzone seats, they should ONLY reduce those. If they have an issue with revenue they should adjust their costs, like MOST businesses have been doing during this recession.

I happen to have a fair number of seats that were $98 and are now going to $110 and $120. I am dropping a couple and will be avoiding the $120 seats. I imagine I wont be the only one moving away from midfield spots.

Pure economics. Last year there was little to no demand, and the supply of seats was plentiful. Next year I don't forsee higher demand (aside from a couple games), AND the prices went up. = another year of high supply.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Veteran

Let's see- 3 straight years with no playoffs, a current 7-9 season, organization is in transition after finally firing the coach & gm, old crummy stadium, poor economy, but they are raising a huge portion of the season seats by $20 per ticket.

It makes sense to lower prices or offer specials in some of the sections that are last to sell, but to raise prices in field & plaza by 18% and say that you are trying to help fix the blackout problem? I believe they will lose more many more season seats than they are anticipating.

They stated they are trying to align with prices that other teams sell "prime" seats for, but you can't compare the "prime" seats in the new state-of-the-art stadiums and "prime" seats at Qualcomm.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
... and facts aren't applicable in this situation.
Ticket pricing changes are never easy to announce or implement. That is one of the reasons why we have left ticket prices unchanged for the last five years. Twenty-seven NFL teams have increased ticket prices during that period, many of them multiple times.

Are these facts not applicable, Al?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Rookie

Every nfl stadium has it tiered in a way that the 50 yard line to the endzone is priced differently. This is California also we pay more for everything except New York. I might be able to move from Plaza endzone to midfield now but I don't think I can afford it either . The raider game the seats in front of my buddy had rain pouring down on them because the lodge seats were leaking onto them. Its simply bad timing but maybe its a sign were aiming for an awesome HC that wants a big paycheck!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
PRIMETIME

I responded to the chargers e-mail explaining how poorly their e-mail came across. That after games like the Raider game where everyone saw the stadium leaking all over people making many seats uninhabitable and the Carolina game that was just a joke to begin with and the Denver game which was just like a punch in the stomach. How can they send an e-mail to someone saying they lowered prices when that person had their price raised. Also that I as a season ticket holder had never received the benefits listed out in the e-mail and have received ZERO RESPONSE so far. I will keep you all updated if I hear something back.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM
PRIMETIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Ticket pricing changes are never easy to announce or implement. That is one of the reasons why we have left ticket prices unchanged for the last five years. Twenty-seven NFL teams have increased ticket prices during that period, many of them multiple times.

Are these facts not applicable, Al?
Interesting fact Charger tom. But one factoid doesn't always tell the whole story. How many of those 27 teams have made the playoffs the year they raised the prices? How many of those teams have newer nicer facilities than we do? We have to have the worst jumbotron in the NFL. How many of those teams are coming from lower ticket prices than ours? I can tell you I went to a Charger Indy game couple years ago in Indy and I sat in very similar seats to mine at Qualcom and the seats were cheaper and way better as the facility is way newer and the section had only 5 rows very private $60 a game. I want to a Bears game last year and they sell out every game and have cheaper seats than we do. My experience is not the end all be all but your factoid doesn't tell the whole story. Finally How many of those 27 teams e-mailed season ticket holders saying prices are staying the same or going down when the recipients ticket price went up.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Rookie

That brings up a good point who won all those prizes that the Chargers said you could win if you got season tickets last year? I remember seeing two videos and that was it. Last season was a real heartbreaker. A 3-5 record at home is bad enough not to mention the way they lost those games.