Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
Jason Garrett did a good job this year it was the defense that caused problems well more than the offense but an offense led by Tony Romo is gonna have problems. If the cowboys hire a legit offensive coordinator and not have Garrett be the play caller they will be in a better situation. Not to mention Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM that isnt himself
You believe Garrett did a good job! haha. He should have been fired not Ryan. Defense lost 5 starters 2 backups. This is no different than our team with Norv calling plays and being a head coach. Sorry head coach goes first, and Garrett has done nothing to prove he is the right man for the job.

That is why Norv is gone, and Pag is still here.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Hall of Famer

I never thought Ryan was a bad DC. Theyre D looked porous at times but they were riddled with injuries also
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Bolted in '69

I think all the Ryan's past and present are over-rated. Do any of them have Super Bowl rings, I don't think so?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Hartford Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus View Post
I think all the Ryan's past and present are over-rated. Do any of them have Super Bowl rings, I don't think so?
Actually Rob has two as a LB coach with the Patriots and Rex has one as a DL coach with the Ravens.

I found that Rob acted like he was HC of the Cowboys. While the Cowboys face a lot of defensive injuries and the defense showed improvement under his watch, a comment like "I'll be out of a job for five minutes" tells you of who it is about with Rob Ryan.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Bolted in '69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardboiled View Post
Actually Rob has two as a LB coach with the Patriots and Rex has one as a DL coach with the Ravens.

I found that Rob acted like he was HC of the Cowboys. While the Cowboys face a lot of defensive injuries and the defense showed improvement under his watch, a comment like "I'll be out of a job for five minutes" tells you of who it is about with Rob Ryan.
I stand corrected, on Rob and Rex.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardboiled View Post
That comment sent alarm bells ringing for me, too. On the other hand, he was fired AFTER leaving his interview for the year (like all the other coaches); and by phone, on his first day of vacation.

Hopefully for him, that was a sign of the emotional impact of that turn of events, and doesn't mean he couldn't respect, and work under, a head coach.

But then again, I remember his father, and he was a little, well, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Here's pops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
All-Pro

Get this:Jerry Jones said the two games that stood out to him as why ryan should be fired were the seahawks and bears game. The offense lost both of those games with turnovers, including 5 picks in that bears games and 2 of those being returned for tds!!!

Story here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ng-of-rob-ryan
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Aww Shucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
I never thought Ryan was a bad DC. Theyre D looked porous at times but they were riddled with injuries also
That's an understatement. Their defense was pretty solid at the beginning of the year, an by no means is this firing going to make them better. I have a few friends who are cowboys fans and they're all upset iver his firing.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM
IlladelphiaBolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan85 View Post
Jason Garrett did a good job this year it was the defense that caused problems well more than the offense but an offense led by Tony Romo is gonna have problems. If the cowboys hire a legit offensive coordinator and not have Garrett be the play caller they will be in a better situation. Not to mention Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM that isnt himself
Did you watch a single Cowboys game?... They threw all over, and Romo had his classic awful streaks. Their D was top 5 for the first 5 or 6 games, and then their entire starting roster got injured. In fact, other than the Packers and Redskins, the Cowboys had more injuries than any team in the league.

Their D was still top 15 at the end of the season and it's BS that he got fired. Jerry just needed a scapegoat. The man is Al Davis 2.0 and this essentially confirms it. I doubt any team that needs a DC (cough, Philly) is gonna pass up this gem.