Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM
No longer norv'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterback619 View Post
Cutting Nate Kaeding was the correct path, cutting Rivers is the next correct step. Obviously something is wrong, and some have speculated that last season when he had a bad season. Either something is wrong physically or mentally that he is not revealing. Whatever the case, he is hurting the team.

Brady can actually run. See him outslick Urlacher one time, Rivers? Just like what Vince McMahon would say, "No chance in Hell!".....sure Brady or Manning may not be able to run but they have better awareness AND be effective outside the pocket. Rivers, no way are you kidding me? INT or Incomplete...take your pick.
I can understand your frustration. Many games over the past 3 seasons, I wanted to scream at 17 for immobility and turnovers. If the next staff can't help him be better and win, then yes - it's time.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
The Boltman is back

I don't think you're being serious. Are you?
San Diego Super Chargers!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
All-Pro

Smith only succeeded because he was in a simplified offense with a great run game. Not to mention the 49ers D consistently scored points and created turnovers. He would be a few steps down from Rivers. Id rather trade Rivers for a 1st rounder and a few other picks. Then bring in Vick or a rookie if we're going to go a non-rivers route.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Smith only succeeded because he was in a simplified offense with a great run game. Not to mention the 49ers D consistently scored points and created turnovers. He would be a few steps down from Rivers. Id rather trade Rivers for a 1st rounder and a few other picks. Then bring in Vick or a rookie if we're going to go a non-rivers route.
Did you see what happend to RG3. He will get hurt and will not finish his 5 yr contract. Vick is done as a starter, he could be a good backup. Rivers is here to stay until his contract is up. We have to build the OL around him and keep adding to the D#. In 3 years we can make a choice on the QB spot. Rivers can pass to almost anyone if the OL is great.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Look at some of the plays earlier in the season where Rivers underthrows the ball. Way too often it has occurred. The timing of his receivers are not in synch and/or his arm power has deteriorated. Like I said, VJ made him look good for the most part on those deep bombs through double coverage. Smith can really sell the playaction pass very effectively.

I still stand by bringing Alex Smith and have him compete for the job in training camp. I think he will bring in success to this team.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Look at some of the plays earlier in the season where Rivers underthrows the ball. Way too often it has occurred. The timing of his receivers are not in synch and/or his arm power has deteriorated. Like I said, VJ made him look good for the most part on those deep bombs through double coverage. Smith can really sell the playaction pass very effectively.

I still stand by bringing Alex Smith and have him compete for the job in training camp. I think he will bring in success to this team.
I am just SO excited to revisit this thread next season. Like, SO excited!

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I am just SO excited to revisit this thread next season. Like, SO excited!
Im just surprised this thread is still even active
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I'm so very glad you're not the GM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Offended

I didn't look at the rest of the thread but..

"We have 4 good Tight Ends already!"
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Rookie

It's good to see that some of you realize that the Chargers have two PR problems...and one of them is public relations...with their fans.
Trade Rivers now while he still has some trade value...we are at the beginning of a New Charger Era! Let's make it a clean break with those that have been under performing.
What will happen if we are unable to put together the very best O line in the NFL?
Answer: We will have another season just like the last three with Rivers dragging us down.