Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltFanBo View Post
Let's fit Tom Cable in somewhere on the staff. That will make mhchargerfan's day.
lol

Zone blocking scheme with our Oline and Mathews.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I hate my Username

He did a pretty good job in Oakland when he was given the chance. There's no way he would be allowed to make a huge trade here because of the way power is split up.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
He did a pretty good job in Oakland when he was given the chance. There's no way he would be allowed to make a huge trade here because of the way power is split up.
I agree with this. Their offense was on the rise last year, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a HC or OC
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Hue Jackson got fired because he engineered a HORRIBLE trade for Carson Palmer and cashed a check the Raiders couldn't cover. That has nothing to do with his abilities as a head coach though, really. Meh. I wouldn't be as bummed as I was when Norv was hired but I wouldn't be that excited either.

Concur. But I tell you one thing, this is one of those moves where winning would have covered up any stink about it. If he'd gone on to won even one playoff game, he'd have been lauded as a genius.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
All-Pro

no chance for hughey
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooklid View Post
Concur. But I tell you one thing, this is one of those moves where winning would have covered up any stink about it. If he'd gone on to won even one playoff game, he'd have been lauded as a genius.
I didn't care for Hue as the Raiders' coach. I admire him taking a huge risk but it was the wrong move. He came across arrogant while the coach there but perhaps he's been humbled since.

I do not want Jackson as our HC but I'd be open to having him as an OC.

2014 Mock [with trades]
*trade #25 to HOU for #33, #101 and #141
**trade #125 and #141 to BUF for #109
2a*) T. Jernigan, NT 2b) Breeland, CB 3) Moncrief, WR 4a*) M. Smith, OLB 4b) C. Watt, OG
5) B. Thomas OT/OG 6) DeDe Lattimore, ILB 7) C. Lyerla, TE
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Next man up

Jackson did some good things for the Raiders in his short tenure there... I think his firing was more do to a new GM feeling it was better to choose the guy who he is betting his career and reputation on and not because he performed badly.

With that said if he pulled a Palmer like trade here I would have been upset. Palmer isn't the worst QB in the NFL but he certainly isn't worth what was paid. With that said he isn't getting roster control here.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife9878 View Post
Jackson did some good things for the Raiders in his short tenure there... I think his firing was more do to a new GM feeling it was better to choose the guy who he is betting his career and reputation on and not because he performed badly.

With that said if he pulled a Palmer like trade here I would have been upset. Palmer isn't the worst QB in the NFL but he certainly isn't worth what was paid. With that said he isn't getting roster control here.

BUT Jackson also did some horrible things. Such as being way over the salary cap last season, hardly any draft picks last season, no 2nd round pick this season. Throwing his players under the bus when we knocked the Raiders out of the playoffs....

No chance I'd want Hue in SD. Dude wants too much control, isn't a good team guy or fit with who we have. Same with why Telesco would of been a bad fit with Rex. Rex would of tried to control him too much.

I think Telesco is going to look for guys that will build a team and work together.

but back to the poing NO HUE!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran

Yes, Ive been preaching this. Roman as HC Hue as OC. If Roman is not our HC than Hue would be my.second choice.
4. Cody Latimer
5. Charles Simms or Kareem Carey: One will fall
6. DAT
7. Kirby Van Den Kamp
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Rookie

I think Hue is a good coach but I'm not sure if his style would mesh very well with what Telesco is bringing into town. That said, I wouldn't be bummed about it but I'd be pretty psyched if we could land him as an OC. The more names that get thrown around here the more I just want this to be over! I'd actually be pretty psyched if they promoted Pags. I think Weddle threw in a little comment about that during an interview.
Closed Thread