Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Hall of Famer

I think the Goal would be to only go back a few spots, Miami is right behind us, we'd need Mathews, Lewan, and Fisher to all be on the board to go behind them, unless they lock up Long before the draft. I also would not want to drop past the Steelers, they are always looking to boost their Oline.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
How would you guys feel if we pulled a Green Bay and drafted one of those QBs in the second round if one of them fell to us? I think that, unless Jimmy Raye gets promoted, QB will be a position addressed in the first 3 rounds because GMs just love to leave their mark that way. I could definately see it happening now. I hope this isn't the case, but which decent QBs could be there in the second?
I could see us taking a 6th/7th rounder like Sean Renfree, guy who has a good arm, size, mobility, but needs to work on a few things, and have him as a cheaper backup behind Rivers to take over once CBJ is done. CBJ earning more than Ronnie Brown just doesn't seem right. I know backup QB's are valuable, but lets face it, if Rivers goes down, our whole season is over. Our season was over with Rivers on the field, CBJ would not win any games for us.

Scratch Renfree, I didn't see he got injured that bad, he'll go undrafted after that.

Last edited by MrNAFTA; 12-31-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
IlladelphiaBolt

Will AJ Murray enter the draft?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:37 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermouse View Post
How would you guys feel if we pulled a Green Bay and drafted one of those QBs in the second round if one of them fell to us? I think that, unless Jimmy Raye gets promoted, QB will be a position addressed in the first 3 rounds because GMs just love to leave their mark that way. I could definately see it happening now. I hope this isn't the case, but which decent QBs could be there in the second?
As long as it isn't that hard of a reach like AJ usually does, I wouldn't mind. Its not like Rivers showed that he is still elite to warrant not making the pick. Plus he has two years left on his contract. Would've been better to do this next year though.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Hall of Famer

I can't ever remember seeing so many young QB's starting, let alone leading their teams to the playoffs. Colts, Skins, Seahawks, 49ers, Bengals, in the playoffs with very young QB's. I can see this season doing a lot to change team's minds about where they are putting QB's on their big boards. They are so much cheaper now to take a chance on.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Jags GM says they are absolutely not interested in Tebow, even if he's released. Looks like the Jags could be back in play for a QB in the first. If the Chiefs pass on Geno I think the Jags would jump on him.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlladelphiaBolt View Post
Will AJ Murray enter the draft?
you mean aaron murray?

he's going back
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Shocktreatment is in for 3 possibly 4 before we pick at 11. I would jump for joy if this happened.