Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Rookie

He has the dirty on the team and uses it against them to stay employed
Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
The Boltman is back

Read this guys, it's kinda old but interesting read about Dr.Chao
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...hao/56625240/1
San Diego Super Chargers!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Hall of Famer

well the NFLPA wants him released

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...a-replacement/

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS — The NFL Players Association wants the Chargers' team doctor replaced, and it wants it now.

The union has formally requested the league find a "suitable replacement" for Dr. David Chao, said George Attalah, the NFLPA's assistant executive director of external affairs. He could not specify the timing of the request.

His comments came following the player union's annual Super Bowl press conference, held Thursday inside the Morial Convention Center. Player health was the primary topic, and during and after the hour-long meeting, sentiment for Chao's removal was unanimous among the NFLPA's leaders.

"He has a clear track record of misconduct," NFLPA President Domonique Foxworth said. "It's unfortunate for the guys who play there. It's something that we can't control, but we can definitely put pressure to improve. We're trying now. I don't know that it's appropriate to talk about all the steps we're taking, but the first step is that we're making people aware."

NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith singled out Chao during the press conference.

The presentation included a slideshow detailing the results of a recent internal survey. NFL players were asked to characterize how much they trust their team doctor.

Of those sampled, 78 percent responded a five on a five-point scale, an indication of "not at all."

"There is a team doctor named Dr. Chao who is currently the San Diego team doctor," Smith said, "who has been found liable of medical malpractice twice — twice. The same doctor was the subject of a DEA investigation. He's still the San Diego Chargers team doctor.

"Now, I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV. But it seems to me that the players of the National Football League deserve to have a doctor who's not been found liable of malpractice, and that's within the last year."

A team spokesman was asked to respond to the NFLPA's comments.

He said the Chargers are still gathering information about what was said.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehotdelancey View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with Chao. That was an unreported injury that he played through on the field (Dielman made the decision to tough it out) and training staff didn't necessarily know about it before he got on the plane independently. And a freak seizure occurred.

I've read every negative article about Chao. I can't name another team doctor with as many blemishes. That said, we can't blame him for EVERYTHING.
wha, wha, whaaaaat? So wrong. He came out of the game after wobbling around obviously concussed. They knew he he had the concussion before he left the field that day. Doesn't mean they should have known he'd have a seizure -- i have no idea whether that's a risk maybe they do -- but let's at least get the basic facts straight.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:09 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Default Deadspin K.O.'s Dr. Chao

Well worth the lengthy read.

Mods: be advised that there is some salty language from Junior Seau quotes in the article. Delete the link if you wish, but this is quite a story to take in.

Quote:
The California Medical Board believes that David Chao should lose his medical license. Nearly two dozen former patients who have sued him since 1998—alleging in all the medical superfecta of malpractice, personal injury, negligence, and fraud—would agree. Dissenting: the NFL and the San Diego Chargers, for whom Chao has served as team physician for the past 15 years.

Last edited by chargertom; 04-24-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Embarassing for the organization.
A shame for the players.
Dean!
Wake up and FIRE HIM NOW.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Maybe he's a misunderstood genius, this article reads like a season recap of House (except for him not saving anyone's life).
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoGotGates View Post
Embarassing for the organization.
A shame for the players.
Dean!
Wake up and FIRE HIM NOW.

^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^

No reason for this distraction, focus or questionable treatment of players.

TIM TEBOW FOR PRESIDENT!

GREAT JOB MR. SPANOS! I fully support the hires of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy. You can count on this fan being in the stadium.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:04 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
Maybe he's a misunderstood genius, this article reads like a season recap of House (except for him not saving anyone's life).
Lol
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Lying under oath (and lying in general to protect himself seems to be the norm). Get this clown out of here