Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andocug View Post
LeGarrette Blount will be a free agent. He has a ton of talent and no longer fits in Tampa. He could be a power back and a fan favorite here.

If we can spend our money and draft picks on fixing the O line, then we can bring in a cheaper RB like Blount or even Redman to help Mathews. I'd rather hav
He is a pure one dimensional RB who is slow and fumbles a lot. Why do we want him? There's a number of better options in FA if we want to go that way. His attitude and work ethic are both terrible as well. The last thing we need is another lazy person taking up a roster spot and cap room, even if you got him for the veteran minimum.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

How about Winston Justice? Shouldn't be expensive. Started 12 games and performed well.
3. J. Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
4. B. Thomas, OG, Clemson
5. T. Gaffney, RB, Stanford
6. J. Bromley, DT, Syracuse
7. C. Lucas, OT, Kansas St
Old 01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Justice is a good idea. Probably not quite as good as Cherilus but a little cheaper.

^Thanks 23Skidoo for the sweet sig!^
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Justice is a good idea. Probably not quite as good as Cherilus but a little cheaper.
If all goes according to our mocks/wish list, Fisher at LT, Cherilus/Justice at RT and we're miles ahead of last year. Pretty budget-friendly, too.
3. J. Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
4. B. Thomas, OG, Clemson
5. T. Gaffney, RB, Stanford
6. J. Bromley, DT, Syracuse
7. C. Lucas, OT, Kansas St
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
The Boltman is back

Watch this my friends, Justice being embarrassed! (kinda funny)
San Diego Super Chargers!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super.Chargers View Post
Michael Johnson - DE best bargin in the draft and i am made that they will not let me on the Rams or Cowboys board because ppl keep sending me stupid comments
Michael Johnson will be in Cincinnati next year. If they dont sign him long term he will be franchised
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrhoo View Post
Watch this my friends, Justice being embarrassed! (kinda funny)
Yeah he got completely wrecked in that game. But he was much improved in Indy this season. Not a long term solution by any stretch, but potentially better than what we've had.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Hall of Famer

I like the larod Howlings idea. We are missing that type of player in our offense. If you notice alot of the good offenses have that Sprolesish type of player. Also like Cherilus.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Here's my updated wishlist, considering that we aren't going to be in the market for the top free agents under Telesco (which I for one am glad of):

RB: Justin Forsett, Houston. Steven Jackson is my obvious first choice, but he's far and away the best RB on the market and Forsett will be much cheaper. Forsett has a well rounded skillset and should be cheap. We can then turn to the draft for more depth behind Mathews.

TE: Anthony Fasano, Dolphins and/or Michael Hoomanawanui, Patriots. With McMichael a free agent, we need blocking. Fasano is one of the best blockers available (both run blocking and in protection) and is a decent red zone target. Hoomanawanui is a well-rounded TE who is underrated because of his early struggles with injuries.

WR: Micheal Spurlock, Chargers. We already have too much money tied up in last year's WR acquisitions to make a splash here. We resigned Floyd, we get Brown back, and we can tender Alexander to keep him. Spurlock should be cheap and contributes as a return man.

LT: King Dunlap, Eagles. Dunlap isn't really a starting OT in this league, but he would be a much better swing OT than Mike Harris. He only warranted a one year 1.5M contract a year ago, and he shouldn't cost too much more than that now.

RT: Gosder Cherilus, Lions. This would definitely be our biggest expenditure of the offseason. Cherilus had a sterling season in protection and is just what we need to replace Clary. Hopefully the fact that this was really his first good season will keep the market from getting crazy for him.

G: Matt Slauson, Jets. Slauson was pretty much average this last year, but would still be an upgrade over Green and Hadnot. He is an ideal veteran to compete with Troutman. He's bound to be economical too.

OLB: Victor Butler, Cowboys. Butler is no starter, but he has been a much better rotational pass rusher than Johnson, Barnes or English have been here. I'd probably rather sign him than resign Phillips or Barnes.

ILB: Brad Jones, Packers. Green Bay moved Jones to ILB out of necessity and it turned out to be a great move- he was way more effective as a SILB than he ever was as a SOLB.

NT: Aubrayo Franklin, Chargers. Franklin, surprisingly, was one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league this year. He thrives on early downs. We would do well to retain him and let him split snaps with Thomas in 2013.

SS: Quentin Jammer, Chargers. Jammer wants to play safety, his teammates think he can play safety, and other corners like him have made the transition and done very well (Ronda Barber was one the league's best in 2012). Turner never thought it would work, but Turner is gone. If the new regime likes the idea, I think it would be a good plan to give Taylor another year to ease in.

FS: Corey Lynch, Chargers. Lynch is versatile and smart. His ability to play both safety spots and ST makes him valuable at a low cost.

CB: Darius Butler, Colts and Leodis McKelvin, Bills. Good cornerbacks are rare and expensive. If we aren't to be spending much money in FA, I can't really see us nabbing any of the top options from the market. In that case, I'd like to find decent young corners with upside who won't break the bank. Butler actually started to hit his stride in Indy this season, and McKelvin is a sterling return man.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM
RIP Seau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Here's my updated wishlist, considering that we aren't going to be in the market for the top free agents under Telesco (which I for one am glad of):

RB: Justin Forsett, Houston. Steven Jackson is my obvious first choice, but he's far and away the best RB on the market and Forsett will be much cheaper. Forsett has a well rounded skillset and should be cheap. We can then turn to the draft for more depth behind Mathews.

TE: Anthony Fasano, Dolphins and/or Michael Hoomanawanui, Patriots. With McMichael a free agent, we need blocking. Fasano is one of the best blockers available (both run blocking and in protection) and is a decent red zone target. Hoomanawanui is a well-rounded TE who is underrated because of his early struggles with injuries.

WR: Micheal Spurlock, Chargers. We already have too much money tied up in last year's WR acquisitions to make a splash here. We resigned Floyd, we get Brown back, and we can tender Alexander to keep him. Spurlock should be cheap and contributes as a return man.

LT: King Dunlap, Eagles. Dunlap isn't really a starting OT in this league, but he would be a much better swing OT than Mike Harris. He only warranted a one year 1.5M contract a year ago, and he shouldn't cost too much more than that now.

RT: Gosder Cherilus, Lions. This would definitely be our biggest expenditure of the offseason. Cherilus had a sterling season in protection and is just what we need to replace Clary. Hopefully the fact that this was really his first good season will keep the market from getting crazy for him.

G: Matt Slauson, Jets. Slauson was pretty much average this last year, but would still be an upgrade over Green and Hadnot. He is an ideal veteran to compete with Troutman. He's bound to be economical too.

OLB: Victor Butler, Cowboys. Butler is no starter, but he has been a much better rotational pass rusher than Johnson, Barnes or English have been here. I'd probably rather sign him than resign Phillips or Barnes.

ILB: Brad Jones, Packers. Green Bay moved Jones to ILB out of necessity and it turned out to be a great move- he was way more effective as a SILB than he ever was as a SOLB.

NT: Aubrayo Franklin, Chargers. Franklin, surprisingly, was one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league this year. He thrives on early downs. We would do well to retain him and let him split snaps with Thomas in 2013.

SS: Quentin Jammer, Chargers. Jammer wants to play safety, his teammates think he can play safety, and other corners like him have made the transition and done very well (Ronda Barber was one the league's best in 2012). Turner never thought it would work, but Turner is gone. If the new regime likes the idea, I think it would be a good plan to give Taylor another year to ease in.

FS: Corey Lynch, Chargers. Lynch is versatile and smart. His ability to play both safety spots and ST makes him valuable at a low cost.

CB: Darius Butler, Colts and Leodis McKelvin, Bills. Good cornerbacks are rare and expensive. If we aren't to be spending much money in FA, I can't really see us nabbing any of the top options from the market. In that case, I'd like to find decent young corners with upside who won't break the bank. Butler actually started to hit his stride in Indy this season, and McKelvin is a sterling return man.

Jammer said he wants to play safety? What about Louis Delmas? MJD if he gets cut?