Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT LT LT View Post
I responded to the chargers e-mail explaining how poorly their e-mail came across. That after games like the Raider game where everyone saw the stadium leaking all over people making many seats uninhabitable and the Carolina game that was just a joke to begin with and the Denver game which was just like a punch in the stomach. How can they send an e-mail to someone saying they lowered prices when that person had their price raised. Also that I as a season ticket holder had never received the benefits listed out in the e-mail and have received ZERO RESPONSE so far. I will keep you all updated if I hear something back.
I also sent a similar email the day I received the email from the Chargers, and also no response yet. Mine may have been a little bit more scathing than yours though
I also suggested to them that they save their season ticket "perks" and stop giving out these so called extras (pin program, stadium tour,etc.) and use the money saved from that to not increase our prices like they did.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
4th and Hooters

Apparently the sentiment felt by many:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...page=2#article

They should just shut up and accept it. I mean really, how DARE they?

You can't argue that logic. YOU CAN'T!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Apparently the sentiment felt by many:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...page=2#article

They should just shut up and accept it. I mean really, how DARE they?
Your sarcasm is at an all time low, Al. Are you still feeling the effects of the chill pills?

The facts are, if you want the best seats available in the stadium you're going to pay a little more. If you're okay with seats a little further away, you'll be able to buy them cheaper.

Pretty simple, if you ask me. You get what you pay for. Isn't that how it is everywhere?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Your sarcasm is at an all time low, Al. Are you still feeling the effects of the chill pills?

The facts are, if you want the best seats available in the stadium you're going to pay a little more. If you're okay with seats a little further away, you'll be able to buy them cheaper.

Pretty simple, if you ask me. You get what you pay for. Isn't that how it is everywhere?
Is an 18% increase paying just a little more?? "Get what u pay for"-....lousy product in a lousy stadium but increase prices by a lot in order to help the blackout problems... Riiiiiight

Per the article, the chargers were the 7th most expensive of the 32 teams and this was before the price increase
Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
#pray4tristan52

This is horrible timing IMO. We live in "America's Finest City." One of America's most expensive cities / regions one can live in. Everything is expensive. Gas. Rent / Mortgages. Now Chargers "diehard" fanbase has to foot the bill for it's own franchises shortcomings... THEY made the decision to allow the disease that was A.J. Smith to run our top ticket selling players out of town and fix things that weren't broken,........repeatedly. Now after excersizing patience and getting over disappointment after disappointment we get slapped in the face with GANGSTER increases in ticket prices????? Its like raising taxes to pay for other peoples entitlements. Eventually. The system will fail. The reality of this is going to be less overall season ticket holders, less overall ticket sales, more opposing fan bases fans in our stands, and another season of blackouts.....

Its sad if you ask me. You can go out one weekend trying to take your family to a Charger game......loose your TAIL for about $500<---conservatively, in a matter of 4 to 5 hours... Tickets / Gas / PARKING / Food & Drinks / don't even try to buy a tshirt or a hat... Then come home and the following week you can't even watch them play because of a local blackout???????????? Dude???????? Give me a break!!!!!!!!! And then stress out that they might pack up and leave for the dump that is LOS ANGELES because WE can't get them a stadium built?????? You better kiss my butt dude!!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Hall of Famer

^ U mad bro?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 PM
#pray4tristan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
^ U mad bro?
Naw man. What would give you that idea?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

I've still got a stash of chill pills. The good strawberry ones.

PM me for payment details.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Work hard play hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I've still got a stash of chill pills. The good strawberry ones.

PM me for payment details.
Yeah right, you'll probably jack the price up 18% on the strawberry ones!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Work hard play hard

Interesting op-ed on a similar topic across the pond.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/...d/2676?cc=5901