Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Rookie

Default Thoughts on my first home game.

So I have to say that I am from Washington--where if youre not a Seahawk fan, it sucks to be you! So for me to get out of this "Beast-Mode" frenzy was more than nice! Its hard to be a fan, and to say you've never been to a game, and to be surrounded with fans that think the Hawks will win it all.
I have been a fan when...wait for it...Ryan Leaf got drafted. So to say I hopped on a bandwagen, is a stretch. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of this team. Being that my family never took any vacations I was at Disneyland this past New Years, and went to the Raider game.

I will say it was a good time. I was surprised in a lot of ways. Mainly at the facility itself. Being from the Seattle area, we are spoiled with the Stadiums that we do have. SafeCo, and the 'Clink'
I was almost disapointed. I felt like traffic, and the parking situation could have been a lot better, but I just dont think the space is there.
Walking around the Q, I was surprised to not see that many stands, vendors, and a very small team store. My girlfriend was looking for some Charger gear (aint no 'hawk fan anymore!) and there was hardly anything left. Im not sure if it was because everything was picked over, or what.

Our tickets where pretty sweet. Spent 115 on each on ticketexchange by ticketmaster, and they where great. P1 Section 17, seats 8-9...except it was on the Raiders side. Luckily we had a pack of Charger fans surrounding us. I knew there would be lots of fans, but to hear them roar after that blocked punt, and when DHB would make a catch, I was really surprised.
The field was something else though. It just seemed more vibrant, and better than anything ive seen as far as other places go. Loved the culture, and atmosphere of the fans, and all the trash talking from both fans. Anytime we looked confused, fans or even the ushers where there to assist us. Something you dont find a lot of.

Seeing Spurlock take it to the house on the first play was amazing!! Actually being able to watch my team for the first time live was somethign I will not forget.
The game was fun, and SD, per usual kept things interesting. I wore my throw back Jammer jersey that I got before the uniform changes. I got lots of compliments, and the fans where really nice. We also went to the pizza place after by Costco that was pretty good. (cant remember the name)
Over all I had a great time, and wished it didnt hail. The team deserves a nicer Stadium, one that better represents the organization. I almost felt trapped in the 90's from the graphics and just how things where conducted.
All in all, I cant wait to go back to another game and watch the Bolts win. I dont know when it will be, but I hope soon.
If we stay in SD, or even LA ill be a fan for life!

Keep it classy SD..
A view of our seats.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Hall of Famer

I still don't get why we put up flags of other NFL teams in our stadium...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Veteran

^Fairly certain the Redskins and maybe the Ravens, do the same thing.

Anyways, Grats on your first game! Hope to one day see a game in SD!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Diego View Post
^Fairly certain the Redskins and maybe the Ravens, do the same thing.

Anyways, Grats on your first game! Hope to one day see a game in SD!
How come we/they do that anyway?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Rookie

not sure. And again, very 90's feeling!
I hope to make a game next season!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Thanks for sharing sdubious. Next time you're down here, let us know. Coronas are on me.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran

I live in seattle now and been to a couple seahawks/mariners/sounders games...

pretty cool stadiums... one thing that qualcomm has over them is the tailgating... there pretty much no tailgating in seattle...

other than that seattle fans are loud... much louder than chargers fans... (wish chargers fans know when to cheer and when not to cheer... we are pretty awful at this)