Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
Read the article I posted. I don't dislike anyone, yet, but I'm very leery of the fact Lamonte now controls the teams power structure. I do believe the fact Telescoe and McCoy share Lamonte as an agent was a big factor in MCoy getting the job, and I also do believe McCoys offensive/QB prowess is largely a myth. I guess we gon' find out though.
By looking at your sig, it appears you don't like McCoy. After watching the Press Conference, I can understand why we hired him. I don't think Dean cared or not if they had the same agent, IMO.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It's Bob Lamonte. That's what I was worried about. It seems Dean is creating the same good ol' boy network that has destroyed many other franchises - most recently Cleveland. Minnesota before that. Miami before that. Telescoe is also a Lamonte client - how shocking. Here's an article on Lamonte and his influence over NFL teams.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...b-LaMonte.html
He's got a number of clients- I looked in several places and found the same list as this one from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Some of LaMonte's clients include:
Mike Holmgren (Former Cleveland Browns President)
Andy Reid (Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach)
John Fox (Denver Broncos Head Coach)
Steve Spagnuolo (New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator)
Leslie Frazier (Minnesota Vikings Head Coach)
Pat Shurmur (Former Cleveland Browns Head Coach)
Charlie Weis (Kansas Head Coach)
Tim DeRuyter (Fresno State Bulldogs Head Coach)
Josh McDaniels (New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator)
Brian Schottenheimer (St. Louis Rams Offensive Coordinator)
Mike Nolan (Miami Dolphins Defensive Coordinator)
Clyde Christensen (Indianapolis Colts Offensive Coordinator)
Bill Callahan (American football) (Dallas Cowboys Offensive Coordinator)
Al Saunders (Oakland Raiders Senior Offensive Assistant)
Gunther Cunningham (Detroit Lions Defensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach)
Sean McDermott (Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator)
Mike McCoy (Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator)
Marty Mornhinweg (Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach)
Jay Gruden (Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Coordinator)
Mike Singletary (Minnesota Vikings Linebackers Coach and Assistant Head Coach)
Edgar Bennett (Green Bay Packers Wide Receivers Coach)
Brad Childress (Cleveland Browns Offensive Coordinator)
Nolan Cromwell (Cleveland Browns Senior Offensive Assistant)
Mike Sherman (Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinator)
Tom Heckert (Cleveland Browns General Manager)
Rick Spielman (Minnesota Vikings General Manager)
Chris Polian (Former Indianapolis Colts General Manager)
Howie Roseman (Philadelphia Eagles General Manager)
Mark Dominik (Tampa Bay Buccaneers General Manager)
Rick Smith (Houston Texans General Manager)
Mike Martz (Former Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator and current analyst for NFL Network)
Chris Carpenter (St. Louis Cardinals Pitcher)
Pat Hentgen (Former Toronto Blue Jays Pitcher)
Dave Steib (Former Toronto Blue Jays Pitcher)
Joe Nedney (Former San Francisco 49ers Placekicker)
Jon Gruden (ESPN Analyst for Monday Night Football)
[edit]
Coaches, GM's, players from the NFL, MLB, former coaches.... looks like a pretty good list of clients across the board. The reaction from media (national and local) sure makes it sound like people league wide are impressed with the hire.

I'd love to see the entire quote or article where you got that quote in your signature. The only place I can find it (by searching for the quote in it's entirety) is a statement by a poster on Chiefsplanet. Don't know if that is you on Chiefsplanet or not, but every other comment I can find on that topic goes something like this one:
Quote:
"I wasn't a big McCoy fan until last year when he figured out a way to make [Tim] Tebow successful," one executive said. "Anybody who can do that has some offensive creativity. Now's he's working with Peyton [Manning]. He's played the position. I think he would have a positive effect on Foles."

Said the other executive of McCoy: "Mike is the epitome of a guy who looks at his guys and says, 'OK, here's what I've got to work with. How can I maximize their talent and what we do?'

"Last year, when they switched to Tebow, he didn't make him try and play like Kyle Orton. He played to his quarterback's strengths and minimized his weaknesses. That showed me something."
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
All-Pro

I don't even know his dog's name. I'm withholding judgement until I get that piece of data.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Who's his barber? He has a sharp haircut. That's a big plus in my book.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It's Bob Lamonte. That's what I was worried about. It seems Dean is creating the same good ol' boy network that has destroyed many other franchises - most recently Cleveland. Minnesota before that. Miami before that. Telescoe is also a Lamonte client - how shocking. Here's an article on Lamonte and his influence over NFL teams.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...b-LaMonte.html
Where did the quote in your sig come from?

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Read the article I posted. I don't dislike anyone, yet, but I'm very leery of the fact Lamonte now controls the teams power structure. I do believe the fact Telescoe and McCoy share Lamonte as an agent was a big factor in MCoy getting the job, and I also do believe McCoys offensive/QB prowess is largely a myth. I guess we gon' find out though.
Lamonte does not control the team's power structure. Lamonte is the employee of the team's power structure. Come on now.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Boo first. Think later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
One of the best quotes ever

"I like to turn the offense into a defense. I want them to worry about what we're gonna do. I want them to try to defend us." -Junior Seau
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Lamonte does not control the team's power structure. Lamonte is the employee of the team's power structure. Come on now.
You'll need to realize agents and front office personnel get 10% of coaches/manager salary, not 2-3% like they do players. Likely no one will be hired without the blessing of Lamonte. It's his GM at work here. His head coach at work here. Who do you think will represent the coordinators?

Anything IMO that even remotely resembles a good ol' boy network is a good way to start losing football games. We seem to be on a pretty good start here.

That was 2011. Replace "Tebow" with "Manning" and it holds true for 2012."
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Hall of Famer

We're going to lose because of the agent that represents our GM/HC? That's what I call a solid post and football mind, twisted as it may be.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that doesn't even make sense.

TT and MM have no prior relationship with each other, just because they share an agent doesn't make it some vast conspiracy.