Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
any player we pick (OL-OLB-CB-S) may take a year or two to learn the ropes. Expectation of a pick starting or starring right away is unrealistic.
True. After the 3rd round, rookie contributions become rarer and rarer. It's not that a 4th-7th rounder couldn't contribute, but taking a QB there wouldn't exactly mean missing out on a different really important cog in our 2013 roster.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Rookie

I'd be happy if we got ANY production out of our 4th round and later picks. At all... not just their rookie season. Look at what we have to show for these picks the last few years...http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...4400&type=team Sigh
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hall of Famer

We need at least two people on the OL maybe more.

We need a Corner, an ILB, a pass rusher, a WR, and a RB before another QB. If we find a gem we like then we can pick him up, but we honestly have a lot of needs.

Hell even a kicker might be on our radar.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundiego View Post
We need at least two people on the OL maybe more.

We need a Corner, an ILB, a pass rusher, a WR, and a RB before another QB. If we find a gem we like then we can pick him up, but we honestly have a lot of needs.

Hell even a kicker might be on our radar.
I'm comfortable with who we have for now - Alexander, Floyd, Gates, Spurlock, Ajirotutu. And hopefully guys like Brown, Royal, and Meachem can step up and contribute more. I also like Mike Willie on the PS. And hopefully L Green can see more action next year.

DT could be a position of concern. I agree with the rest though.
4. Justin Ellis - NT
5. Gabe Ikard - C/G
6. Cornelius Lucas - OT
7. Cody Hoffman - WR

Last edited by Prae; 01-14-2013 at 04:49 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Im good with an udfa to be our 3rd and a vet in fa to backup p.riv

Assuming Whitehurst is not retained, think hes scheduled to be a fa.

Last edited by chargertom; 01-18-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
any player we pick (OL-OLB-CB-S) may take a year or two to learn the ropes. Expectation of a pick starting or starring right away is unrealistic.
A top 11 OL player starting right away on an O line as weak as ours is not an unrealistic expectation. If the 1st round rookie can't beat out the crap we call for an "offensive line" then I would be worried.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 AM

I would rather just wait for Stephen Rivers to be honest. He's actually good throwing the ball but unlike his brother Phillip, Stephen is actually mobile too.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargrfan View Post
I would rather just wait for Stephen Rivers to be honest. He's actually good throwing the ball but unlike his brother Phillip, Stephen is actually mobile too.
Hahahahahaha.

All this does is prove that your dislike for Philip is irrational. You want to replace him with a guy who can't even start at LSU.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Hahahahahaha.

All this does is prove that your dislike for Philip is irrational. You want to replace him with a guy who can't even start at LSU.
My dislike for Phillip? Uhh are you serious?

Hmm that must be why I have three jerseys of his (home, away and powder blue) and always support him when people he sucks without looking at the fact that he has a horrible O line and horrible coaching.

I never said to draft Stephen and start him over Phillip immediately. I meant to get him, he's going to be a project so work with it and then use any possible input Phillip can give and see if he can take over the reigns after PR. Isn't that what the OP is suggesting with EJ Manuel? All I said is instead of getting Manuel, get Stephen Rivers.

Get your facts straight boy.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Daniel Lee Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddle46 View Post
My dislike for Phillip? Uhh are you serious?

Hmm that must be why I have three jerseys of his (home, away and powder blue) and always support him when people he sucks without looking at the fact that he has a horrible O line and horrible coaching.

I never said to draft Stephen and start him over Phillip immediately. I meant to get him, he's going to be a project so work with it and then use any possible input Phillip can give and see if he can take over the reigns after PR. Isn't that what the OP is suggesting with EJ Manuel? All I said is instead of getting Manuel, get Stephen Rivers.

Get your facts straight boy.
Lol. That last line is pretty ironic considering that the post you're reacting to had nothing to do with you. I was responding to another poster who made it out as though Stephen- who cannot win the starting job at LSU- is a better QB prospect than his brother. That's irrational.