Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Thor Hammer Defense

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

Not sure if anyone read this story but the dude whom created the fake account did it before. He'd do it to hook up with girls. He creates a fake chic with fake profile. Have that fake chic become friends with other unsuspecting girls. He'd have the fake chic later introduce himself as a friend online. He'd schedule the three to meet up somewhere but of course the fake chic isn't can't make it- leaving just the dude and the girl to meet.

If I recall from an old article Manti stated he'd meet with the fake GF but she'd never show up. I can't find that article though so don't qoute me on it.

Last edited by AK46um; 01-18-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46um View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

Not sure if anyone read this story but the dude whom created the fake account did it before. He'd do it to hook up with girls. He creates a fake chic with fake profile. Have that fake chic become friends with other unsuspecting girls. He'd have the fake chic later introduce himself as a friend online. He'd schedule the three to meet up somewhere but of course the fake chic isn't can't make it- leaving just the dude and the girl to meet.

If I recall from an old article Manti stated he'd meet with the fake GF but she'd never show up. I can't find that article though so don't qoute me on it.
Like I said a few days ago if it was a hoax it was the Mt. Everest of "catfish"ing hoaxes.

Makes Manti look incredibly naive and still not truthful.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Hmmmm. So we'll only look at the evidence we like? Cherry pick?

The ESPN reporter is Shelly Smith. She just played the audio interview with the new witness. Seemed pretty believable, to me. They are keeping her ID confidential as she is worried about safety. Accused cousin has gone dark. Apparently there were three of them in on it.
I re watched an interview with Lance Armstrong from 2006. The man was so believable that I questioned what was real and what wasn't.

In the day and age of technology, to have zero proof over THREE years is complete hogwash.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Like I said a few days ago if it was a hoax it was the Mt. Everest of "catfish"ing hoaxes.

Makes Manti look incredibly naive and still not truthful.
What it makes him look like is a complete moron. I could understand being catfished for 1 week, maybe 2...I'll even give him 3 weeks but no way in hell a normal, sane, person is duped for 3 years.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
What it makes him look like is a complete moron. I could understand being catfished for 1 week, maybe 2...I'll even give him 3 weeks but no way in hell a normal, sane, person is duped for 3 years.
Agreed.

With Facebook, Skype, YM etc. If this was a hoax, it would have been found out quite early.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I re watched an interview with Lance Armstrong from 2006. The man was so believable that I questioned what was real and what wasn't.

In the day and age of technology, to have zero proof over THREE years is complete hogwash.
They only started "dating" a year ago, they were just acquaintances before that. I'm not sure anything of substance really happened more than a year ago.

http://burnstyler.wordpress.com/2013...ykay-lovemsmk/
Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3706 View Post
They only started "dating" a year ago, they were just acquaintances before that. I'm not sure anything of substance really happened more than a year ago.

How can you date and be an acquaintance to a woman you have never met?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
How can you date and be an acquaintance to a woman you have never met?
But his dad said she went to Hawaii and met him!

How did Te'o never meet her or her family? Go to her grave? Anything?

All lies.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3706 View Post

anything of substance?????? LOL, nothing of substance EVER happened except in manti's imagination
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
anything of substance?????? LOL, nothing of substance EVER happened except in manti's imagination
Yes I know the story, I was simply passing along the information, believable or not.
Closed Thread