Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 PM
matt3706's Avatar
matt3706 matt3706 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
I posted many skype references long before the one you decided to quote.

It does matter to an NFL team who judges their employees off of their character. And if you are basing it on what he does on the field, that's not that good either.
Yet again I was responding to THAT post.

I think based off the number of criminals playing in the NFL this won't really concern a lot of them too much.
  #332  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3706 View Post
Yet again I was responding to THAT post.

I think based off the number of criminals playing in the NFL this won't really concern a lot of them too much.
Amount of criminals

There are 1,700 or so employees playing in the NFL. We here of maybe 10-15 of those 1,700 get in trouble. There are far more companies in the world employing "criminals" than the NFL
  #333  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM
matt3706's Avatar
matt3706 matt3706 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Amount of criminals

There are 1,700 or so employees playing in the NFL. We here of maybe 10-15 of those 1,700 get in trouble. There are far more companies in the world employing "criminals" than the NFL
What world do you live in?

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/
  #334  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3706 View Post
Wait a minute....so you are calling people who have gotten a DUI without causing any damage whatsoever a criminal?

What world are you living in?

You are also including things such as:

Charged with violating rules on car window tint and giving a false name to police in

That's a criminal offense to you? Read the list of things being arrested for before you call everyone a criminal
  #335  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Wolfpack Fan Wolfpack Fan is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rockwell
Posts: 725
Default

He obviously told his parents that he was close with this girl and that she flew to Hawaii to see him. Otherwise, why would his father say that she flew to Hawaii and that it happened to be during the times that Manti was there? Why did his mother make the comment that this young lady could become her daughter-in-law? Was it the father or Manti who said that Manti met her after the Stanford game? Didn't Manti say that he talked to her for eight hours every day? He said he would fall asleep listening to her and wake up with the phone on his chest listening to her breathe. I still think Manti is in on this scam or the whole family is just plain stupid to believe all this when neither one of them has seen the girl. If she told him she would meet him somewhere, and she never showed up at any of the places she mentioned, he should have had the common sense to realize that something wasn't right.
  #336  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Wait a minute....so you are calling people who have gotten a DUI without causing any damage whatsoever a criminal?

What world are you living in?

You are also including things such as:

giving a false name to police in

That's a criminal offense to you? Read the list of things being arrested for before you call everyone a criminal
Wow. Just wow. So those things aren't criminal? To use your words: "What world are you living in?"
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


  #337  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 62,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Read the list of things being arrested for before you call everyone a criminal
How do you get arrested without committing a crime?

If it's a law, and you violated it, you're a criminal. Plain and simple.

There are varying degrees, hence the misdemeanor and felony charges difference.

But to say getting a DUI, even though you don't get in a wreck or kill someone means it's not a crime is absolutely, positively ridiculous.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
  #338  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Wow. Just wow. So those things aren't criminal? To use your words: "What world are you living in?"
I have gotten a DUi. I am FAR from being considered a criminal.

You call someone like me a criminal, you are on planet Mars
  #339  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 PM
BoltBacker4Life BoltBacker4Life is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derk's mom's house
Posts: 20,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
How do you get arrested without committing a crime?

If it's a law, and you violated it, you're a criminal. Plain and simple.

There are varying degrees, hence the misdemeanor and felony charges difference.

But to say getting a DUI, even though you don't get in a wreck or kill someone means it's not a crime is absolutely, positively ridiculous.
Calling someone like me a criminal, which you just did, is absolutely, positively ridiculous.

Last edited by BoltBacker4Life; 01-18-2013 at 02:55 PM..
  #340  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
Calling someone like me a criminal, which you just did, is absolutely, positively ridiculous.
Yet you want to crucify a guy for having an imaginary girlfriend. Okay. . ..
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.