Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Kind of funny I remeber mid way through this season that statistically Mike Lombardi's 1st round mock drafts would have been better than AJ Smiths overall.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
I would have, if he wasn't such a tool in his 'exit speech'.

I can't wait for this REAL coaching staff to turn this thing around so Norv can eat crow. He basically called his players crappy, because he was frustrated he got canned.
Actually he didn't and the players even came out and defended Norv on that comment.

Additioanlly every expert agreed with Norv and even our new HC who came in said we had work to do. Honestly are you blind?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Hall of Famer

I have gone into it elsewhere, but I will go into some of it here. Honestly, take the glasses off. Who on this O-line would be a starter for even half of the teams in the league?

Vasq. Thats it.

Hardwick maybe (a big maybe) Green did bad. Harris did terrible. Clary was a joke. Our tackles were the worst duo in the league, and we had the worst O-line. Who was our #1 receiver, Alexander. Floyd did pretty good as a #2. Remember that AJ Smith last year didn't really want to sign Floyd. Floyd had to come back and take a discount, you think he did that for AJ Smith?

As for Norv's comments. Don't look too much into them. He said that good teams keep the talent and build through the draft. That is true no one debates that. He also said that this team had work to do and don't expect an immediate turn around, that is true. McCoy said the same thing. If Rivers and NONE of the players take offense, then why do you?

The fans who think Norv gives teams a virus, were the same who believed that Marty was bad luck, and that they have to turn their beer labels out during a kick. There is no reasoning with that belief.

If you think that Norv having the Chargers have the top 5 offense, and #1, all his years but one here and that suddenly he is a terrible person or a bad OC because of that one year then I have no idea what to say.

Norv was part of the problem, but the vast majorty was AJ Smith, that is why AJ can't find a job. That is why every media person, GM, Coach, player blame AJ Smith more than Norv. If anything AJ Smith is a cancer and he has Smithed this Team up. There is a reason why Norv will be an OC until he retires and AJ Smith might never be a GM again.

Ya I hope Norv does well he is a good guy and a great OC. The Browns did something similar to the Chargers. Picked up a good OC a guy who is good working with people and picked up a great OC and former Head Coach.

Like McCoy and Wiz, Chud and Norv.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
No longer norv'd

Hey bro, my bad. I didn't see two little words that sent the whole thing in a tail spin... "last year". Since this is the case, you're right and I agree with the statement. We are better off right now than they were at this time last year. I think the bolts have enough talent to have been more competitive this year. I pin that on many things Norv. Thanks &
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAFLBOLTFAN View Post
CharginDC I don't know how you can disagree, have you looked at 2011 Roster. The only spot you could say the Colts were better is at Receiver with Wayne&Garcon. There LB's and Secondary were horrible, the D-Line had Mathis who's declining and then shell of D.Frenney. There O-Line was bad and still was this year Luck got killed.RB's a hurt Matthews, Brown, Battle I'd take over Addai, Donald Brown, Delone Carter.....
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

To answer the OP's question: No.

Why would I?

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 PM
UnModerated

Yes, I will. I like Chud, and I hope they're successful in Cleveland. The Browns have sucked for too long and it would be fun to see them make it to the playoffs a few times. Norv's a good guy, he just didn't get it done here. No hard feelings, I'm sure he did his best.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

he's in the AFC so no. I dont dislike him as a person, but unless he went to an NFC team that I didnt deplore, I wont be rooting for him. It's not showfriends, it's showbusiness
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Browns | Coach unsure who will call offense plays
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 12:39:38 -0800

Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski said he has talked with offensive coordinator Norv Turner about who will call the plays next season but the two have not made a decision at this point.
lolwut? this doesnt surprise me

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Old 01-19-2013, 03:49 PM
No longer norv'd

Incredible. Hilarious. Worth a stand alone sticky. Mods can we create an "unforgettable" zone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56lightsout56 View Post

Old 01-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56lightsout56 View Post

If Norv doesn't call his plays there what would he do? Motivate the players?