Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Aboushi has impressed Kirwin, athletic but doesn't seem to show aggression.

Lane Johnson, looks good/athletic. Plays like a defensive lineman, aggressive. Needs to add ~20lbs of muscle.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Hall of Famer

By the way, i dug up a picture of Fluker from the weigh in yesterday.....he doesn't look fat in the slightest, he looks like he's in incredible shape...

Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Shock and Awe

I really wouldn't want anyone besides Joeckel or Fisher @11 as far as tackles go. Lane Johnson is a project despite the hype. Joeckel/Fisher are the only guys remotely capable of a first game start for the 2013 season. Then again, anything would be an upgrade over what we currently have...

I guess the good news is that if both of them are gone, you can be assured that there is going to be a good pass rusher available to take. Werner, Ansah, or Mingo anyone?

But that is honestly worst case for us since a franchise LT is easily the biggest need for the Chargers and the hardest to find via FA.
3. DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn State
4. Dakota Dozier - OG - Furman
5. Devin Street - WR - Pittsburgh
6. Kenny Ladler - DB - Vanderbilt
7. Spencer Shuey - 34ILB - Clemson

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 01-22-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer

I dont think he's necessarily a project, but he's a guy who isn't going to do a whole lot other than pass blocking, i wont go as far as to say he'll be a liabilityin pass pro, but he's surely not going to help us at all in that aspect, unless we're running zone blocking consistently.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
I really wouldn't want anyone besides Joeckel or Fisher @11 as far as tackles go. Lane Johnson is a project despite the hype. Joeckel/Fisher are the only guys remotely capable of a first game start for the 2013 season. Then again, anything would be an upgrade over what we currently have...

I guess the good news is that if both of them are gone, you can be assured that there is going to be a good pass rusher available to take. Werner, Ansah, or Mingo anyone?

But that is honestly worst case for us since a franchise LT is easily the biggest need for the Chargers and the hardest to find via FA.
Joekal and fisher are certainly in a class of their own but johnson is far from a project.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfaninatlanta View Post
Joekal and fisher are certainly in a class of their own but johnson is far from a project.
Johnson will get destroyed by NFL DEs/OLBs whereas I think Fisher and Joeckel might be able to hold their own even during their rookie seasons.

Therefore he's a project.

Johnson is strictly mid-late 2nd round material.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM

They keep talking about Fisher, saying scouts have said off the record that he'll go top 10.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Lane Johnson looked good in 1v1 drills. He moves really well and showed surprising strength given his skinny looking frame. He doesn't look 303 at all. I think he's a mid first round talent.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 PM
humans could be smarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post

just my opinion , if we can't get fisher we really should trade down and get the alabama center jones and hopefully pick up another 2nd rounder where we could use it on another good o-linemen. Fluker is a stud. The oky left tackle lane johnson would be an improvement and grow into the position. DAllas thomas is pretty good. Sure would have been nice getting a super stud to play left tackle for the chargers for 10 years. Sure would have helped/

Geez, I really wanted fisher as well. Now with him totally dominating people at the senior bowl I don't think we can get him.

Last edited by foober; 01-22-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober View Post
no, if we can't get fisher we really should trade down and get the alabama center jones and hopefully pick up another 2nd rounder where we could use it on another good o-linemen. Fluker is a stud. The oky left tackle lane johnson would be an improvement and grow into the position. DAllas thomas is pretty good. Sure would have been nice getting a super stud to play left tackle for the chargers for 10 years. Sure would have helped/

Geez, I really wanted fisher as well. Now with him totally dominating people at the senior bowl I don't think we can get him.
We pick 11th.....

That's well within his range.

Not like we are picking 18+ like usual.