Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Ravens vs 49ers - Who ya got?
49ers 22 33.33%
Ravens 22 33.33%
Don't care 1 1.52%
Yay! The Patriots aren't in it!! 21 31.82%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Saw it referred to as the Super Baugh. Pretty funny.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Bolted @ Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhikorn View Post
I will never root for Ray Lewis. The double murder connection is something I can't ignore.

I really like Jim Harbaugh, he's a former QB for the Chargers & really did great things for USD's football program. They're still successful today because of what he did when he was there.
Charges were never filed against Lewis and the DA's office never even tried, because he's innocent. Let it go.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus View Post
Charges were never filed against Lewis and the DA's office never even tried, because he's innocent. Let it go.
Yeah, okay, he's "innocent". The sums of money he paid to the victim's family, the fact that he pled guilty to obstruction of justice . . . . the bloody clothes. . . . . just ignore that troublesome stuff. . . .

Read this link, then come back and tell us to let it go again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/

(aka Factless, Clueless, Agenda Driven, Myopic, Ball Watching
Chargersfan).

Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Bolted @ Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Yeah, okay, he's "innocent". The sums of money he paid to the victim's family, the fact that he pled guilty to obstruction of justice . . . . the bloody clothes. . . . . just ignore that troublesome stuff. . . .

Read this link, then come back and tell us to let it go again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-2000/1566198/
Since your into conspiracies, make sure to post the lab results when you find his DNA evidence. The proof that the police didn't find.

Last edited by crixus; 01-22-2013 at 01:15 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixus View Post
Since your into conspiracies, make sure to post the lab results when you find his DNA evidence. The proof that the police didn't find.
That's a completely laughable take.

"into conspiracies" -- yeah, it takes a real tinfoil hat to see a problem here.

Like I said -- go read the article. I'm sure you didn't. Maybe you could tell the families that if they think Ray Lewis had anything to do with it they must be into aliens, too.

Or maybe tell Ray Lewis' attorney that he's a dummy, and should never allowed his client to plead guilty to obstruction of justice. He must have a tin foil hat, too, right?

"conspiracy" -- what a joke.

Chargersfan).

Last edited by LongTimeOCBolts; 01-22-2013 at 02:25 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I am Cap'n Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
That's a completely laughable take.

"into conspiracies" -- yeah, it takes a real tinfoil hat to see a problem here.

Like I said -- go read the article. I'm sure you didn't. Maybe you could tell the families that if they think Ray Lewis had anything to do with it they must be into aliens, too.

Or maybe tell Ray Lewis' attorney that he's a dummy, and should never allowed his client to plead guilty to obstruction of justice. He must have a tin foil hat, too, right?

"conspiracy" -- what a joke.
Thats a pretty well written article designed to tug at your heart strings... Bottom line is there was/is not enough evidence in the case. Who knows maybe a few years from now things will change. If Lewis did it, he should always be thinking about it.

Regardless its not going to change the new image he made for himself 13 years after those events.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Official Bag of Shame

We'll know what really happened in 15 years when he's a retired old man who finally wants to get the weight off his shoulders. Is he innocent? Most likely. Does he know more than he's telling? Yep.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Thats a pretty well written article designed to tug at your heart strings... Bottom line is there was/is not enough evidence in the case. Who knows maybe a few years from now things will change. If Lewis did it, he should always be thinking about it.

Regardless its not going to change the new image he made for himself 13 years after those events.
I agree with this. And your sentence: "If Lewis did it, he should always be thinking about it" IMO rings true, and I think he has given hints that he does indeed think about it. Over the past few years I've noticed that he has made several references to trying to teach the younger players not to make the mistakes he made. Seems very remorseful when he says these things -- like he's talking about something serious.

Chargersfan).

Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aQB View Post
We'll know what really happened in 15 years when he's a retired old man who finally wants to get the weight off his shoulders. Is he innocent? Most likely. Does he know more than he's telling? Yep.
in legal terms, he's innocent. not saying it's the same but so was OJ in legal terms.

in the court of public opinion, who knows. i suspect its split.

i will say that i think Lewis has done quite a lot to turn himself into a role model and positive influence and that has merit. if we believe in things like rehabilitation then we should accept a person who actually rehabilitates himself.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Next man up

My head says 49ers....

Kapernick... at his age... 10th NFL start a freaking Super Bowl and what have I done with my life... not fair at all...

My gut is saying Ravens though.

Their defense is old, but still elite for now... they are good enough to survive a few good runs from Kappernick. And Flaco has played pretty well... Rice can score on any play, and Boldin is a beast. An their OL gives them time to do what they want.