Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Bad News Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
He's beaten both elite quarterbacks in the AFC playoffs this year, in Manning and Brady. Beat the media darling Andrew Luck. Not to mention guys like Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers.

If they win the Super Bowl, I think you have to call Flacco an elite QB. 3800 yards, 22 TD's and 10 Ints while running the table in the playoffs against some of the NFL's best.
Man, I hate when people say that Joe Flacco beat Peyton Manning, or Joe Flacco beat Tom Brady. One of the most misleading things in football is the statement that Quarterback X beat Quarterback Y. They are not lining up across from each other. Wins are not a quarterback stat. They are a team stat. The Ravens beat the Broncos and then the Patriots.

I would not say that Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback. But he is getting there. He had been getting by early in his career by dumping passes off. For example, 4th and 29, he dumped it off to Ray Rice. If that didn't work, people would have called Joe Flacco an idiot and a loser, but since Ray Rice pulled crazy business, Joe Flacco was smart to throw it to him.

However, he made some big time throws against the Broncos.

He's not a game manager anymore, but he's not elite. He's in the little gray area in between.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 AM

Definitely a top 10. Flacco has carried the Ravens.

Easily a top 10 QB.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Rookie

Joe Flacco has been the Ravens postseason MVP. He's not getting the credit he deserves.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
Man, I hate when people say that Joe Flacco beat Peyton Manning, or Joe Flacco beat Tom Brady.
I was assuming that people would understand that the reference implies that his team beat their team. Of course, the two QB's aren't lining up across from one another.

So if the Ravens beat the Patriots, then Flacco beat Brady. In reality, the Ravens beat the Patriots, but I think you get my drift, right?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VournSDSU View Post
Add Rodgers...
Ofcourse, not sure why I left him out lol
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
Should they consider trading him now, or wait for his stock to rise a little ?
If they wanted to trade him, they are going to have to tag him or sign him before they trade him. This is his contract year. One more game and he gets to cash in. Great timing for him to have his contract come up.

I would rather have a clutch quarterback than an elite one. It doesn't do any good to put up all of the flashy stats, if a QB wilts when the pressure is on.

Last edited by muffindonut72; 01-27-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan since '69

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhikorn View Post
Joe Flacco has been the Ravens postseason MVP. He's not getting the credit he deserves.
He will when they beat the Niners in the Super Bowl.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 AM
< Need new refs anyways

He lit the world on fire in the post season this year, and capped it off with a SuperBowl win and MVP.

Gotta give him his dues. Clutch, clutch, clutch.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
He lit the world on fire in the post season this year, and capped it off with a SuperBowl win and MVP.

Gotta give him his dues. Clutch, clutch, clutch.
Joe Unflappable. That dude is cool under fire. Nobody talks about his mobility especially in a game with Kap but his ability to elude the rush was key too.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Rookie

Just based off the post season, Flacco is THE elite QB in the NFL. The no turnovers and the clutch play resulted in an unbelievable performance over the several games he played in the playoffs. Can we expect the same play next year? Probably not. For whatever reason, the stars aligned for him. There are a lot of plays that could have been INTs including several tipped passes. At least one of his long passes could have been picked off but the defense stopped for some reason. Everything that could have gone bad for him did not. He also got great protection, clutch play from his receivers, and had a great running game to compliment the passing game. He has also gotten help from the opposing defenses. Who can forget the bone headed play by Denver to let the receiver get behind the defense at the end of regulation. But that doesn’t take anything away from Flacco because those are all the things that it takes to be a super bowl winning team. It takes great play and a little luck. Do not forget about the great Raven defense as well. They were clutch as well making stops when they needed it. The special teams also made an impact. The Ravens deserved that championship with great efforts in all three phases.