Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Has anyone seen that commercial with the female soldier returning home, and her dog that has been waiting for her to come back?

I love that commercial. You can sure tell how much that dog loves her. Anyone know what kind of a dog that is? That thing is HUGE.
I think that's an Irish Wolfhound. Though it might be a Scottish Deerhound (slightly smaller). See my dog's coat? There's a breeder that specializes in that same coat on an Irish Wolfhound. Man, I would love one of those. Problem is, they are so big that their life expectancy is very short. I'd hate to grow so attached knowing that it would be so short-lived.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Official Bag of Shame

I've got a year old blue nose staffy mix.

Had him since he was 6 weeks old. Rusty has all the tendencies a bullie usually has, super hyper, super chewy, tenacious, and very stubborn. Good doggie, but I have got my hands full. His acting up usually comes when he is very excited, and he is a hard one to get tired (I ran 7 miles with this guy the other day and he still had energy to do circles around the house after!)

Our main problem is his food aggression which started right after he got neutered. Not sure if it was the sudden change of hormones or something, but it really intensified after that day. Read tons of articles and saw tons of videos online on how to treat it -- attempted them myself with minimal improvement. IMO, each training technique on this kind of thing should vary on each dog's individual personality. Hired a trainer soon after, she taught us some new disciplinary ideas and things to do to help with the aggression. That was a few months ago, I have been stern with the training everyday when its feeding time. There are some improvements, but he definitely still shows signs of stress that can turn into aggression.

Frustrating, but I will stay committed to the training.

He is moving to Hawai'i with me during the summer, so maybe training in paradise will make him the perfect relaxed dog!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Hall of Famer

I have 2 Boxers...A brother and sister from the same litter. The go crazy when I get home from work. They go everywhere I go. Great dogs. I can't wait to see them when I get off of this deployment.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Back in The USA

My Am Staff, Mojo, is turning 6 months old next month and I am getting him neutered.

What can I expect in terms of diet/temperament/mood changes after the surgery and how long is the recovery time?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Thor Hammer Defense

When I lived with my aunt and cousins throught middle and high school in Spring Valley they had a Border Collie dog. They also had a cool Russian Blue cat (yeah like in Pet Cemetery) and another cat which I forgot the breed for. Anyways during the day they all fought like cats and dogs. The Border Collie was super hyped up amost of the time. Was late for school a few times because he followed me to school sneaking up behind me. At night, especially during cold winter nights they'd all cuddle up and sleep together. Their common enemy was a white possum that would steal their food.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
<<< Do not like (AT ALL)

Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFanInUK View Post
My Am Staff, Mojo, is turning 6 months old next month and I am getting him neutered.

What can I expect in terms of diet/temperament/mood changes after the surgery and how long is the recovery time?
you can expect one pissed off dog! how would you react?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Veteran

My regular dog groomer is closed for the next week, and I needed to get Pebbles (Cocker Spaniel) groomed. A few friends told me they used Pet Smart ......

I like Pet Smart, for finding good stuff on sale .... but their groomers here were horrible.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
< Need new refs anyways

My dog's breed comes from rainy, cold, Ireland. Explains his coat (see my avi). But I swear, he WILL NOT go potty when it's raining.

I've never seen a dog hold it so long. I can make him go in the back yard, but all he does is look at me with the sad eyes begging to come back from the rain. He absolutely will not go.

Hoping he doesn't explode, cause it doesn't look to be letting up any time soon. . .. .

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 PM
UnModerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Has anyone seen that commercial with the female soldier returning home, and her dog that has been waiting for her to come back?

I love that commercial. You can sure tell how much that dog loves her. Anyone know what kind of a dog that is? That thing is HUGE.
That's a great commercial. I don't know what it is, but yeah, what a horse!

I have a Bischon / West Highland Terrier mix. I call him an Bestie, and he really is the very best dog I've ever had. He's a charger fan, too.