Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Roll tide !

round 1: Warmack or Milliner
round 2: Fluker
round 3: Lacy or Barrett Jones
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
<<Offseason Program

All excellent ball players. I'm just a little weary of taking Warmack at 11. Something just doesn't feel right about the guy. Powerful man, but he doesn't appear to be in the greatest physical condition. Makes me question his work ethic. I don't have anything to base that on. Just a vibe. Luckily, the scouting department does a little more homework that just hunches. If we do take him, I'll be happy to be wrong.

I'd love to have Barrett Jones, however. I think he has the intelligence & the ability to play in the league for a long long time.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
#1 CT Fan - Polish Power!

So Chance has a little ole belly and ain't afraid to show it.....He is still #1 rated guard for a reason. I'd have no problem if our GM takes him at 11 provided the brass think he is the BPA. I totally agree with you on Barrett Jones. Unfortunately it will take a miracle for him to make it out of the 2nd round. Nontheless, excited to see how this all unfolds. We have been used to AJ type drafting style for so long, I'm excited to see how this brass drafts. Someting tells me we won't waste late picks on injured projects like we have in the past...that was AJ's thang. Not every draft, but he liked to pick a guy every so often who fell down the ranks due to injury concerns.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
All excellent ball players. I'm just a little weary of taking Warmack at 11. Something just doesn't feel right about the guy. Powerful man, but he doesn't appear to be in the greatest physical condition. Makes me question his work ethic. I don't have anything to base that on. Just a vibe. Luckily, the scouting department does a little more homework that just hunches. If we do take him, I'll be happy to be wrong.

I'd love to have Barrett Jones, however. I think he has the intelligence & the ability to play in the league for a long long time.
Makes me wonder what Larry Allen looked like at the beach.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubeck07 View Post
So Chance has a little ole belly and ain't afraid to show it.....He is still #1 rated guard for a reason. I'd have no problem if our GM takes him at 11 provided the brass think he is the BPA. I totally agree with you on Barrett Jones. Unfortunately it will take a miracle for him to make it out of the 2nd round. Nontheless, excited to see how this all unfolds. We have been used to AJ type drafting style for so long, I'm excited to see how this brass drafts. Someting tells me we won't waste late picks on injured projects like we have in the past...that was AJ's thang. Not every draft, but he liked to pick a guy every so often who fell down the ranks due to injury concerns.
Barrett Jones wont even be well enough to work out at the combine. He will easily make it to the 3rd round IMO. He can play multi positions which is a huge plus (Center, guard and some tackle too).
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Rookie

Been my sig for a while now.

1. Chance Warmack
2. D.J. Fluker
3. Barrett Jones
4-7. BPA
Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Draft This Man

Jones would get killed at tackle.

sean of BSX
Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Overall I'm not real big on Alabama players in the NFL...or SEC players for that matter. The PAC 12 produces as many dominant NFL players as the SEC does. Alabama has good coaching and good players overall. Put them on a less talented team and they roll...not to mention they play two teams every year that a good high school team would be able to compete against. I'm not saying some of these players won't be very good, perhaps even great NFL players. But, I will say that if you drafted an Alabama player only in the 1st 3 rounds, you probably will much worse than if you took the time to look around.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Jones would get killed at tackle.
He played some LT at alabama for a year. Hes better inside though imo
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Bad News Bear

If Jones is there in the third round I would be ecstatic. For him to replace Hardwick is one of the best foreseeable options, in my opinion. He's a smart guy. Very important to have a smart center.