Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChargerFan View Post
Same talk as was with Brees! Now all you guys want is Brees back. I told everyone that letting Brees go would be a mistake and I will say it again. Letting Rivers go would be a mistake!

Than again, I am sick of our fans wishing for our QB to leave. It wouldn't hurt me to see Rivers go and get a Ring some place else. I was happy when Brees did it. Now all Charger fans have is regret, but I don't! I think Brees getting a ring in NO was just a great slap in the face to all the fans that bashed the guy. Rivers will end up doing the same if we let him go, so mabe we should.
You're right on the money..

You don't know what you're sitting on with Rivers. The guy can play and he can win games. He's just falling on his face because his team is crumbling around him.. He's currently the scapegoat of all scrutiny because he's "the guy" the Quarterback.. I can guarantee that if you trade him, he'll flourish and win games where he goes. (Unless he goes to some completely pathetic franchise like the Jets)
Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer

A Denver fan acting realistically and thinking straight while a Charger fan is talking about trading away our franchise QB and not trading a back up receiver in NO and a FA bust here. And were talking about the Chargers.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChargerFan View Post
Same talk as was with Brees! Now all you guys want is Brees back. I told everyone that letting Brees go would be a mistake and I will say it again. Letting Rivers go would be a mistake!

Than again, I am sick of our fans wishing for our QB to leave. It wouldn't hurt me to see Rivers go and get a Ring some place else. I was happy when Brees did it. Now all Charger fans have is regret, but I don't! I think Brees getting a ring in NO was just a great slap in the face to all the fans that bashed the guy. Rivers will end up doing the same if we let him go, so mabe we should.
This this this a thousand times. I think most fans can't see beyond the last game and are always trying to reduce the complexity of the problem in a desire to fix blame on one person so that positive change can be enacted. But it's wrong.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime24 View Post
A Denver fan acting realistically and thinking straight while a Charger fan is talking about trading away our franchise QB and not trading a back up receiver in NO and a FA bust here. And were talking about the Chargers.
Denver fan or not realistic is the key word
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Bolted in '69

The NFL is all about success in the playoffs, and so far Matt Flynn's come up short.

Last edited by crixus; 01-31-2013 at 12:43 AM..