Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
I wonder how the TV maps would look overlayed over this. Does Vegas usually get the Chargers game?
We get the "ganes of the week" so about 2 to 3 times a year we get charger games not counting prime time games.
I think last year there was only 1, I'm not entirely sure tho cause I worked every Sunday after week 5
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0j0 View Post
maybe but Facebook is pretty popular with the older crowd as well. I think I read somewhere that there are over 150 million people with a Facebook in the United States....not sure if that is accurate, you would have to account for people with multiple facebooks, fake people, and those who no longer use it but have an account.
You also have to account for people like me. I have an account. Never use it. All my friends do, too. Never use them. All we use it for is to email old friends and renew contact.

Neither I, nor any of my friends, have ever "liked" something.

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I thought this was sort of interesting. It's a map made up of Facebook likes - the most likes in a county for that team gets that color.

A little bit of proof that LA is still Raiders territory.

Source, including playoff maps.
It's odd that southern Oregon is Raider territory. My sister lives in Oregon, and neither of us has ever seen a Raider fan there. It's more either Seahawks or 49ers and, of course, my sister, the lone Charger fan. The Cowboys seem to fill any void west of the Mississippi. And the scattering of Packers fans. It makes me wonder how fans pick their team. Very interesting.

RIP Junior
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM
1969 Charger

Quote:
Looking at the map.. I really think Salt Lake City could use a team in the future if there's ever expansion. Utah, Idaho, and Montana in particular are all out of control.

Omaha, Vegas, LA, and Portland stand out too.

Yep. I figured it would be Chargers country all up through there..

I wonder how the TV maps would look overlayed over this. Does Vegas usually get the Chargers game?
An NFL team in Salt Lake or Omaha? No way. Portland's bigger than both of them and still not big enough for an NFL team. And Las Vegas will never get one due to it's sports gambling. That's your basic NFL Marketing 101 lesson. And before you mention Green Bay not being a big market, they joined the league when there were only a handful of teams and are publicly owned. Everything's changed since then, it's all about cities with bigger TV market$ nowadays. It's wishful thinking because you live in Utah, but you're not being realistic.

Last edited by crixus; 01-31-2013 at 12:42 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 AM
Rookie

in central idaho, on the border with oregon, at the bottom of seahawk country, next to the green, is where i live. am i imagining it or is the bottom county my charger blue, or is it seahawk blue. i know its not me because i dont have a facebook. also, i dont even know any cowgirl fans, or at least they wont admit it.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Same with my county in Utah. There shold be one dot in the center of it. I've been purposefully looking for Cowboys gear since I first saw this ... and nothing so far. Not a thing.

I call shenanigans.
hahah, Tom I see quite a bit of cowboy gear here, but also Packers, Denver, Steelers.

The funny thing is when I go to the bar and watch the bolts play, nothing but Chief/Rams fans. Boy, you should see the looks I get in bolt gear. I think I stop motion for the moment, and you can hear a pin drop. Then lightning stikes!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Proves my argument that LA is still Raider territory. All my friends from LA are Raider fans.

Speaking of Vegas, I do see Bolts gear almost every time I am there. I actually see more Bolts gear in Vegas than I do in LA.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhchargerfan View Post
The funny thing is when I go to the bar and watch the bolts play, nothing but Chief/Rams fans. Boy, you should see the looks I get in bolt gear. I think I stop motion for the moment, and you can hear a pin drop. Then lightning stikes!
Nice.

When I have Chargers gear on, I usually get some Donkey dork who'll say "Chargers? It's all about the Broncos".

Then I'll usually say something about how it's too bad Denver doesn't have an NFL team.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKincheloe View Post
It's odd that southern Oregon is Raider territory. My sister lives in Oregon, and neither of us has ever seen a Raider fan there. It's more either Seahawks or 49ers and, of course, my sister, the lone Charger fan. The Cowboys seem to fill any void west of the Mississippi. And the scattering of Packers fans. It makes me wonder how fans pick their team. Very interesting.
Gotta remember, this is based solely on Facebook "likes".

Some of those rural counties might only have 1 person who voted, and the entire county becomes that teams territory.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKincheloe View Post
I live in Oregon. What you're saying is true.