Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Its become cliche but I believe the game is about protecting your qb and getting to the opposing qb. Keapernick is essentially a rookie in the superbowl in large part because of that immensely talented oline. Flacco is still Flacco, he's had amazing protection and no turnovers this post season. Give me olinemen or awesome passrusher in the first three picks and you wont hear a complaint from me guaranteed.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Hall of Famer

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2012/de...ound-included/

Don't know if this was posted but its relevant ...

Can't copynpaste from my DROID but if anyone can please do, you need a membership to the ut for articles online. Anyway for those who cant see it, this mock has is taking warmack at 11the with Fischer gone to Arizona.

2nd round desmond trufant
3rd round brennan Williams to start at right tackle.

Id be ecstatic if this went down.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post

Can't copynpaste from my DROID but if anyone can please do, you need a membership to the ut for articles online. Anyway for those who cant see it, this mock has is taking warmack at 11the with Fischer gone to Arizona.

Brennan Williams in the 3rd would be a steal. He would be sick at RT. That injury he had could cause him to fall to us in the 3rd. Love his talent.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808BOLTFAN View Post
Brennan Williams in the 3rd would be a steal. He would be sick at RT. That injury he had could cause him to fall to us in the 3rd. Love his talent.
I like him a lot too.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post

I think there's a good chance Trufant is gone in the late 1st/early 2nd, but hopefully not.

Williams would be a solid RT pick too if he is there, depends on how much his injury causes him to fall.
4. Justin Ellis - NT
5. Gabe Ikard - C/G
6. Cornelius Lucas - OT
7. Cody Hoffman - WR
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Hall of Famer

People are already talking about Joeckel being the second best OT in the draft, with Fisher possibly being rated higher than him come draft time. If they are too close to tell come draft time, is either one of them worth a no.1 pick? If Chiefs don't go QB, I see them going defense. They have had the most success picking defensive players.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Hall of Famer

honestly Ive never been a proponent of having where you pick determine the player you pick. It should be about the quality of the player you get. Yes Warmack is a guard and guards usually don't go that high. But just because conventional wisdom says that a guy is supposed to go at 18 and not 11 doesn't mean you shouldn't pick him. We're only going to get one shot at all the guys who are slotted to go in the first 20 picks or so. To me a guy going at #12 is the same as him going at 32, we don't have a chance to get him so who cares where he went. If Warmack is an All Pro Guard waiting to happen then I'm absolutely fine with the pick. Everything I've heard about him indicates that he is an extremely talented player who will help solidify the line. Just because there are guards available later doesn't mean a player of his caliber is, as of right now there obviously isn't (although you never know where the next Dielman is). So if you believe Warmack is going to be great and will help your team more than any of the other players available, then he is the selection. If you feel there is a more talented player on the board that can help you then you pick him. The rookie wage scale makes it easier to take a guy like Warmack higher because you aren't committing a ton of money to a non "premium" position player like you would've been 3-4 years ago.

All this being said I'd consider taking a CB (Milliner, Banks) OLB (Mingo, Jones, Jordan), or NT (Hankins) before Warmack. They are bigger need guys and are all very talented, on the same level as Warmack. I don't believe Warmack to be such a clearly superior prospect to them that you would not consider those guys.

Stay Healthy San Diego!

Last edited by Thunderstruck21; 01-31-2013 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Veteran

As much as I love Warmack, I would prefer Jonathan Cooper if we are indeed switching to ZBS.
4. Cody Latimer
5. Charles Simms or Kareem Carey: One will fall
6. DAT
7. Kirby Van Den Kamp
Old 02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNAFTA View Post
People are already talking about Joeckel being the second best OT in the draft, with Fisher possibly being rated higher than him come draft time. If they are too close to tell come draft time, is either one of them worth a no.1 pick? If Chiefs don't go QB, I see them going defense. They have had the most success picking defensive players.
If Fisher comes into the combine weighing closer to 320 than 305 (his Senior Bowl Weight) he very well could be the first tackle off the board. If Lane Johnson can do the same I could see him being projected in the top 15 as well.

For the record, I would take Lane Johnson before Warmack. OT >>> OG

I would love getting a OT in the first round, but I have a feeling, based on value, we may me getting a NT with that pick instead. I can't see Milliner being there at 11 and that is too early for Banks.
3rd - CB Pierre Desir
4th - DT Justin Ellis
5th - OLB Howard Jones
6th - CB - Aaron Colvin
7th - WR -John Brown
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltzfan View Post
I would love getting a OT in the first round, but I have a feeling, based on value, we may me getting a NT with that pick instead.
Jonathan Hankins?
4. Justin Ellis - NT
5. Gabe Ikard - C/G
6. Cornelius Lucas - OT
7. Cody Hoffman - WR