Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Cabo Trip Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers REAM View Post
How can you say that when he lead a unranked team when he joined to the top defense in the NCAA and a national championship contender. Everyone on his team testified to his leadership. Also even if he is naive or weird he can still lead on the field, no matter how weird or idiotic he is off the field as long as he is a beast on the football field people will follow his lead IMO
His off the field issues will be a distraction... Besides, You really think this will not effect players respect for him? That makes you naive. please tell me you're not dating someone you've never actually met...

Kidding. I just mean that our Team is rebuilding. We don't need any distractions like this, I don't care if he falls to the second round. Next.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
His off the field issues will be a distraction... Besides, You really think this will not effect players respect for him? That makes you naive. please tell me you're not dating someone you've never actually met...

Kidding. I just mean that our Team is rebuilding. We don't need any distractions like this, I don't care if he falls to the second round. Next.
He has had no other "off the field issues" and his naivete in this one situation really is going to make his team mates not give him any respect even though he is a beast on the field? i think that makes no sense just look at Ray Lewis, one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, he was acquitted for murder (IMO is a much more pressing issue then someone who is young and falls in love to easy) yet he still commands the respect of all of his teammates. As long as he lives up to and transfers the numbers of his 4 starting years at ND to the NFL he will lead whether it be by action or speech. he is a natural leader and no matter if he had a slip up in his love life, his teammates will follow his lead.

it may be showing that im a Fighting Irish fan a little but if somehow he falls to us in the second i think we should draft him in a heartbeat.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers REAM View Post
He has had no other "off the field issues" and his naivete in this one situation really is going to make his team mates not give him any respect even though he is a beast on the field? i think that makes no sense just look at Ray Lewis, one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, he was acquitted for murder (IMO is a much more pressing issue then someone who is young and falls in love to easy) yet he still commands the respect of all of his teammates. As long as he lives up to and transfers the numbers of his 4 starting years at ND to the NFL he will lead whether it be by action or speech. he is a natural leader and no matter if he had a slip up in his love life, his teammates will follow his lead.

it may be showing that im a Fighting Irish fan a little but if somehow he falls to us in the second i think we should draft him in a heartbeat.
Just goes to show you...doesn't it?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran

Manti will not fall to the 2nd.
4. Cody Latimer
5. Charles Simms or Kareem Carey: One will fall
6. DAT
7. Kirby Van Den Kamp
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman541 View Post
Manti will not fall to the 2nd.
He might not...but I don't think he'll ever amount to anything that's special. I think it's obvious he's limited to the Tampa 2, or some defense other than the 3-4.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
He might not...but I don't think he'll ever amount to anything that's special. I think it's obvious he's limited to the Tampa 2, or some defense other than the 3-4.
I don't know, Manti is a talented player. I think he'll have success in the NFL. we won't know until we watch him play on Sunday.
4. Cody Latimer
5. Charles Simms or Kareem Carey: One will fall
6. DAT
7. Kirby Van Den Kamp
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
I don't know, Manti is a talented player. I think he'll have success in the NFL. we won't know until we watch him play on Sunday.
As an ILB in the 3-4 he's a dud. As a run stuffing MLB in a 4-3, I think he's a dud. You can find film of him getting trucked by RBs in almost every game ND played this year, including Navy. You can also find plenty of missed tackles, and that national championship game only showcased his weaknesses more than anything else due to the score. It actually may have saved a less than astute GM from making a bad decision though. Notre Dame always blows the horn for someone every year. Who else did they have this year other than the young DL that would have made sense? I think if he has success it will be in his best interest to be drafted by a team that plays a Tampa 2 defense. That's my opinion. If I'm wrong, so be it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
A stud NT is not as valuable when your QB will continue to die. Cam Thomas isn't Star, but a QB is the single most important piece of any team, and so a LT to keep him upright>>>>>NT
The Chargers absolutely have to get better at LT. Is 2013 draft pick #11 our only option? Not really. I'd go BPA from several positions. We need OL, pass rush and secondary help. Star would have an impact on the pass rush. No, not a sack artist but by demanding double teams.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t12_a3

Hard to see him fall this far, but if he did I would not be upset.
when is SI going to stop cursing football players and stick to figure skating

1st Marcus Mariota QB
2nd ANDRUS PEAT LT
3rd Charlie Tua'ua NT
4th Connor Hamlett TE
5th SHAWN OAKMAN DE
Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
I've seen Lotulelei as high as #1 and low as #14.

Doesn't make sense.
on february 6th, it makes perfect sense. no one knows anything about anyone right now.