Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1211  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
guerro619's Avatar
guerro619 guerro619 is offline
Moderator of the Goo
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: back in the 619
Posts: 43,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
I should have been banned a couple days ago, but was not.

In the words of a great mentor-- This is an outrage!
Sorry. I was mesmerized by your arm angle. And perfect throw. Won't happen again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
My neck doesn't get burned any more. It's permanently red.
Reply With Quote
  #1212  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
The investigation is still going on...... It's a delicate process.
Hhhmmmmppphh! Next you'll set up some sort of "blue ribbon" panel -- then bury it in committee . . .
__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #1213  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
< Need new refs anyways
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 10,166
Default

Think back to the moderator roots, man! Swift actions and all that:

__________________
Chargers Fan

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource


Reply With Quote
  #1214  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 62,569
Default

__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!
Reply With Quote
  #1215  
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 AM
The Stig's Avatar
The Stig The Stig is offline
He's Alive, Jim.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,178
Default

So...I have a question...and please delete if you feel this may start anything political, but seeing how this is a family-friendly forum, and that assault rifles are a running theme in some members avatars, quotes, etc. should we really be exposing families to images of machines created to spray death in 30 rounds in the matter of a few seconds? I mean, if certain acronyms that may imply a bad word (but don't spell them out) are means for receiving a violation, why are visuals of instruments of death allowed to go without punishment?

Furthering that, could I have an avi of guns being melted down to, for lack of better words, save the families of the forum from such imagery? Or would that also result in a violation?

Don't mean to start anything political, so please, delete if necessary, but would be very interested to know the forum's official stance on this.

Regards.

Last edited by The Stig; 03-16-2013 at 12:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1216  
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 AM
guerro619's Avatar
guerro619 guerro619 is offline
Moderator of the Goo
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: back in the 619
Posts: 43,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So...I have a question...and please delete if you feel this may start anything political, but seeing how this is a family-friendly forum, and that assault rifles are a running theme in some members avatars, quotes, etc. should we really be exposing families to images of machines created to spray death in 30 rounds in the matter of a few seconds? I mean, if certain acronyms that may imply a bad word (but don't spell them out) are means for receiving a violation, why are visuals of instruments of death allowed to go without punishment?

Furthering that, could I have an avi of guns being melted down to, for lack of better words, save the families of the forum from such imagery? Or would that also result in a violation?

Don't mean to start anything political, so please, delete if necessary, but would be very interested to know the forum's official stance on this.

Regards.
Guns are not considered illegal. It's how its used as a reference how it can be. For example. If I say in the off-topic section, I'm going hunting elk, its not illegal. Nor does it consider offensive.

But if I say I'm buying a gun for revenge or something like that, then moderator intervention may occur. It all depends of what and how the action put takes place.

It's completely different on what you posted, and the reason why you received an infraction. By abreviating a curse word, you went around the language filter. Something that is against the forum rules that you agreed with when you registered here.

I hope I clarified it for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
My neck doesn't get burned any more. It's permanently red.
Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 62,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Don't mean to start anything political, so please, delete if necessary, but would be very interested to know the forum's official stance on this.

Regards.
I don't think there is an "official stance" on this. What there is, however, is a set of rules that we all have to abide by.

A gun is an inanimate object. The rest that you are attaching to it is your personal perception.

Hundreds of thousands of people are killed every year worldwide with objects other than guns. Should we ban all pictures of cars on the forums? Aircraft? Power tools? Baseball bats? Kitchen cutlery? Tree branches? Rocks? Bricks? Shoelaces?

Any inanimate object can be used for something other than its intended purpose. And there are literally thousands of objects out there in our daily lives that are just as capable of killing people as a gun.

Abbreviating profanity is clearly defined as a no-no in the forum rules. That's what we have to go by. And you're bright enough to get your point across without having to resort to using profanity to do so.

The assault rifle thing is just obfuscating on your part, trying to justify what you did. You used profanity, you got dinged for it. Chalk it up to experience and move on.
__________________
San Diego Super Chargers!

Last edited by chargertom; 03-16-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM
The Stig's Avatar
The Stig The Stig is offline
He's Alive, Jim.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
Guns are not considered illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Hundreds of thousands of people are killed every year worldwide with objects other than guns. Should we ban all pictures of cars on the forums? Aircraft? Power tools? Baseball bats? Kitchen cutlery? Tree branches? Rocks? Bricks? Shoelaces?
Quote:
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

So, what happens if the assault weapons ban is re-instated by Congress? Do forum members have to remove all pictures featuring assault weapons as that would be considered, against the law to be in possession of?

Just musing about hypotheticals, guys
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So, what happens if the assault weapons ban is re-instated by Congress? Do forum members have to remove all pictures featuring assault weapons as that would be considered, against the law to be in possession of?

Just musing about hypotheticals, guys
If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Move on Stig.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,457
Default

Further discussion of politics, to fit an agenda, and to obfuscate from a simple word censor bypass infraction, will lead to further moderator action - immediately.

Period.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collective Bargaining Agreement discussion. bigbolthead21 Around the NFL 232 01-21-2010 11:54 AM
Discussion about Pro Bowl snubs (including Chargers) WinslowSr. General Discussions 81 12-19-2007 08:12 PM
Brees signs 6-year, $60m deal with Saints (was contract talks) Ikeman83 Around the NFL 7962 06-21-2006 12:17 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM.


© 2014 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.