Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
I should have been banned a couple days ago, but was not.

In the words of a great mentor-- This is an outrage!
Sorry. I was mesmerized by your arm angle. And perfect throw. Won't happen again.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
The investigation is still going on...... It's a delicate process.
Hhhmmmmppphh! Next you'll set up some sort of "blue ribbon" panel -- then bury it in committee . . .

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM
< Need new refs anyways

Think back to the moderator roots, man! Swift actions and all that:

President of the Official CMB Ladarius Green Fan Club.

NFL Marketing Consultant Resource

Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

So...I have a question...and please delete if you feel this may start anything political, but seeing how this is a family-friendly forum, and that assault rifles are a running theme in some members avatars, quotes, etc. should we really be exposing families to images of machines created to spray death in 30 rounds in the matter of a few seconds? I mean, if certain acronyms that may imply a bad word (but don't spell them out) are means for receiving a violation, why are visuals of instruments of death allowed to go without punishment?

Furthering that, could I have an avi of guns being melted down to, for lack of better words, save the families of the forum from such imagery? Or would that also result in a violation?

Don't mean to start anything political, so please, delete if necessary, but would be very interested to know the forum's official stance on this.

Regards.

Last edited by The Stig; 03-16-2013 at 12:55 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Moderator of the Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So...I have a question...and please delete if you feel this may start anything political, but seeing how this is a family-friendly forum, and that assault rifles are a running theme in some members avatars, quotes, etc. should we really be exposing families to images of machines created to spray death in 30 rounds in the matter of a few seconds? I mean, if certain acronyms that may imply a bad word (but don't spell them out) are means for receiving a violation, why are visuals of instruments of death allowed to go without punishment?

Furthering that, could I have an avi of guns being melted down to, for lack of better words, save the families of the forum from such imagery? Or would that also result in a violation?

Don't mean to start anything political, so please, delete if necessary, but would be very interested to know the forum's official stance on this.

Regards.
Guns are not considered illegal. It's how its used as a reference how it can be. For example. If I say in the off-topic section, I'm going hunting elk, its not illegal. Nor does it consider offensive.

But if I say I'm buying a gun for revenge or something like that, then moderator intervention may occur. It all depends of what and how the action put takes place.

It's completely different on what you posted, and the reason why you received an infraction. By abreviating a curse word, you went around the language filter. Something that is against the forum rules that you agreed with when you registered here.

I hope I clarified it for you.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:

Regards.
I don't think there is an "official stance" on this. What there is, however, is a set of rules that we all have to abide by.

A gun is an inanimate object. The rest that you are attaching to it is your personal perception.

Hundreds of thousands of people are killed every year worldwide with objects other than guns. Should we ban all pictures of cars on the forums? Aircraft? Power tools? Baseball bats? Kitchen cutlery? Tree branches? Rocks? Bricks? Shoelaces?

Any inanimate object can be used for something other than its intended purpose. And there are literally thousands of objects out there in our daily lives that are just as capable of killing people as a gun.

Abbreviating profanity is clearly defined as a no-no in the forum rules. That's what we have to go by. And you're bright enough to get your point across without having to resort to using profanity to do so.

The assault rifle thing is just obfuscating on your part, trying to justify what you did. You used profanity, you got dinged for it. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Last edited by chargertom; 03-16-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
Guns are not considered illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Hundreds of thousands of people are killed every year worldwide with objects other than guns. Should we ban all pictures of cars on the forums? Aircraft? Power tools? Baseball bats? Kitchen cutlery? Tree branches? Rocks? Bricks? Shoelaces?
Quote:
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

So, what happens if the assault weapons ban is re-instated by Congress? Do forum members have to remove all pictures featuring assault weapons as that would be considered, against the law to be in possession of?

Just musing about hypotheticals, guys
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Veteran

Quote:
So, what happens if the assault weapons ban is re-instated by Congress? Do forum members have to remove all pictures featuring assault weapons as that would be considered, against the law to be in possession of?

Just musing about hypotheticals, guys
If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Move on Stig.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran

Further discussion of politics, to fit an agenda, and to obfuscate from a simple word censor bypass infraction, will lead to further moderator action - immediately.

Period.

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.