Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Unless I'm missing, Bell doesn't show that initial burst. I like Bernard, Ball, Randle, Franklin and Barner in that order.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Old Guys Rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMANCIL View Post
I love this kid, man what a talent. Speed,power ,hands,heart,spin moves and he has hops.Watch him hurdle the tacklers in the open field.Sure would love to see him in the 3-4 round going S.D.
I assume you're refering to Bell,... if so, I too am a fan... but I don't love him enough to spend a 3 or 4, as those rounds have other priorities (for me)... in 5, he's in my cluster, absolutely... clearly "they" didn't trust Mathews in short yardage/goal line,... well, Bell ain't gonna break off any 60 ydrs (in The League), but he can move the chains (precisely what we need)...

Last edited by SanDiegoRon; 02-19-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers REAM View Post
ya but in the 3rd or 4th i would definitely take him. AP had a fumbling problem too!
So does Ryan Mathews.

1. Jason Verrett - CB
2. Jeremiah Attaocho - OLB
3. Allen Robinson - WR
4. Dakota Dozier - OG
5. Zach Kerr - NT
6. Corey Linsley - C
7. Aaron Colvin - CB
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
<<Offseason Program

Lattimore has apparently put on 20 lbs of muscle while rehabbing. He'd be an absolute steal if he fell to the 4th.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJAX85 View Post
Lattimore has apparently put on 20 lbs of muscle while rehabbing. He'd be an absolute steal if he fell to the 4th.
I hope he returns to full form, i felt real bad for him went he went down against Tennesee. He would be a great steal in the 4th but i think he's gonna get taken late 2nd or early 3rd round. I'm only concerned if he'll be able to run like he did pre-injury. Maybe he'll pull off an AP type performance, not like a 2000 yard season but just running like a beast.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Rookie

According to Down at the One:
http://www.downattheone.com/NFL

Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
If you’re a running back coming out of college and your name is mentioned in the same breath as Barry Sanders, you’ve caught my attention at least. In his junior year Ball scored 39 touchdowns, tying him with Barry Sanders for the most touchdowns in a single season. The Heisman Trophy finalist then made the curious decision to return to Madison for his senior year in spite of large turnover on the offensive line, Russell Wilson leaving for the NFL and a change at offensive coordinator. This resulted in Ball notching up over 900 carries across his four year career at Wisconsin and that type of tread on the tyres will cause NFL teams to look at Ball with caution. Nevertheless, the tape and production speaks for itself. Ball ran for 5140 yards on a 5.6 yards per carry average and finished up with an NCAA career record, 83 total touchdowns. He's one of the best between-the-tackles runners to come out of college in the last decade; he runs angry and fights for every single yard after contact yet patiently waits for holes to open before following his blockers into open space. In nearly 1000 career touches he only lost two fumbles. So what's the catch? A guy with Barry Sanders like numbers who runs in a fashion similar to Adrian Peterson must be a shoe-in top five pick right? Sadly not, for two reasons. His top end speed is non-existent; in 924 career rushes, his longest carry was for 67 yards. He just doesn't have that breakaway speed that scouts look for. And secondly, we live in an age where running backs just don't carry the same value that they used to; why tie up huge cap money in a running back when we can pick a guy like Arian Foster off the street for pennies? Particularly a guy that's absorbed a lot of punishment over his college career. Regardless, whoever picks Montee Ball is getting a hell of a player, third round grade or not.

Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
Bell followed up a stellar sophomore campaign with a monster 1793 yards on the ground during his junior year. At 6-2, 242 lbs, he’s a north-south runner who can run over defenders. He runs well behind his pads and uses his good balance to stay low to the ground before contact, ensuring that he falls forward for extra yardage. Given his strength and size, he lacks top end speed and consequently is comparable to Michael Turner (the one in San Diego, not the old, slow one of today). He leaves East Lansing as a junior with 671 carries; that’s not a lot of wear and tear, particularly by Montee Ball standards, but it’s still enough for teams to be concerned. All in all, he’ll be a great complimentary back in most systems but given his lack of every-down status, he’s projected to be a third round pick. A good showing in the forty could see him climb draft boards.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers REAM View Post
Where are you getting this info from, he did everything we picked him up to do and more. Even if hes not the best change of pace back it would be much better if we kept him and then drafted a third down back likeeeee franklin who cold eventually develop into a good compliment to Ryan.

I just dont understand how you can say Battles not guna make the team when he exceeded everyones expectations
Speak for yourself. 95 carries for 3.3 ypc and 3TDs didn't knock my socks off.

Give credit where credit's due though, he didn't fumble!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoRon View Post
I assume you're refering to Bell,... if so, I too am a fan... but I don't love him enough to spend a 3 or 4, as those rounds have other priorities (for me)... in 5, he's in my cluster, absolutely... clearly "they" didn't trust Mathews in short yardage/goal line,... well, Bell ain't gonna break off any 60 ydrs (in The League), but he can move the chains (precisely what we need)...
That's what I'm thinking. Bell looks good in the 5th. He's not going to get any breakaway runs but he'll move the chains.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Bell looks good in the 5th. He's not going to get any breakaway runs but he'll move the chains.
Bell would be great. Wanted him last year after watching the Michigan St. tape for Baker. Still think Baker has something though.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
He's Alive, Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Speak for yourself. 95 carries for 3.3 ypc and 3TDs didn't knock my socks off.

Give credit where credit's due though, he didn't fumble!
Underrated stat, apparently.