Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
So...fullbacks...we don't have one...Niners have clearly figured out how to pound the ball old school...

Anybody know much about this Tommy Bohanon kid? So far leads the bench press with 36 reps. Not saying bench press is end all stat, but hey, he's strong. Arm length is kinda short though, maybe that's why:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...non?id=2540225

Later round consideration for a blocking FB would be a great idea.
Nah, looking at what our coaches did previously, they ran more of a H Back type, rather than a FB, not really a battering ram type, McClain is a good battering ram type, but a FB's useless with the crap OL that we have. Think more of what the Pats use, with a bigger TE as their FB.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoFan6336 View Post
Are you sure "no one" said it or did you just not say it?
Are you sure you aren't just being argumentative and ignoring the point entirely?

Our coaches would be doing everyone from the fans to themselves a disservice by not looking into his film. If you disagree you are wrong.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Draft This Man

Damontre Moore put up a pathetic 12 reps. I don't care much about BPs.... but that's pathetic.

sean of BSX
Old 02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Draft This Man

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

sean of BSX
Old 02-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Are you sure you aren't just being argumentative and ignoring the point entirely?

Our coaches would be doing everyone from the fans to themselves a disservice by not looking into his film. If you disagree you are wrong.
All I ever said is I wouldn't draft him. You quoted me to and started this "debate". I never had any issue with what you said. Maybe you are the one trying to argue here. Once again, in my opinion I wouldn't draft Davis. His 40 time would not make me change my mind. It is just my opinion, I am not stating it as a fact or truth. But I guess when I disagree with you that makes me wrong......what a great attitude to these forums you have.
4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

UDFA's- Ben Gardner (DE), Aaron Colvin (CB)
Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.
Yeah...I saw that as well. They're going to do more tests. Apparently it could be heart damage.

Star Lotulelei, one of the elite prospects for the 2013 NFL draft, will not be allowed to work out Monday at the scouting combine because an echocardiogram revealed that the former Utah defensive tackle has a heart condition that requires more testing, according to league sources.
Lotulelei was discovered with an abnormally low Ejection Fraction, detecting that the left ventricle of his heart was pumping at only 44 percent efficiency, sources said. The normal range is between 55-70 percent efficiency.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound Lotulelei will undergo further testing in Salt Lake City in an effort to seek more clarity with the condition, a source said. If it's a confirmed chronic condition, medical experts consider it an indication of possible heart damage.
ESPN draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay each have rated Lotulei as a top-five prospect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...ording-sources
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwelshman View Post
Yeah...I saw that as well. They're going to do more tests. Apparently it could be heart damage.

Star Lotulelei, one of the elite prospects for the 2013 NFL draft, will not be allowed to work out Monday at the scouting combine because an echocardiogram revealed that the former Utah defensive tackle has a heart condition that requires more testing, according to league sources.
Lotulelei was discovered with an abnormally low Ejection Fraction, detecting that the left ventricle of his heart was pumping at only 44 percent efficiency, sources said. The normal range is between 55-70 percent efficiency.
The 6-foot-2, 311-pound Lotulelei will undergo further testing in Salt Lake City in an effort to seek more clarity with the condition, a source said. If it's a confirmed chronic condition, medical experts consider it an indication of possible heart damage.
ESPN draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay each have rated Lotulei as a top-five prospect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...ording-sources
I really hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him and he can have a long and successful career.
4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

UDFA's- Ben Gardner (DE), Aaron Colvin (CB)
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Paradise is on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoFan6336 View Post
I really hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him and he can have a long and successful career.
Me too. That's a real tough break for the kid.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Hall of Famer

That's some tough news for Lotulelei. Hopefully it turns out fine and the tests are negative.

On a bright note, Jarvis Jones has been cleared by a respected physician/doctor.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Draft This Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post
That's some tough news for Lotulelei. Hopefully it turns out fine and the tests are negative.

On a bright note, Jarvis Jones has been cleared by a respected physician/doctor.
And others have not cleared him.

sean of BSX