Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will Rivers return to form in 2013?
YES 100% he gets his mojo back. 99 45.41%
NO, he isn't the player he used to be. 21 9.63%
Unsure? Will be answered on the field in 2013. 98 44.95%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Unreal. Just unreal. I really did think you were better than that. But after re-reading this thread, and the dumbest post I've ever seen (above), all I can say is: My mistake.
I find this offensive. I know without a doubt that I have written the dumbest post in this thread. Furthermore, I have much dumber ones elsewhere on the CMB.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
I find this offensive. I know without a doubt that I have written the dumbest post in this thread. Furthermore, I have much dumber ones elsewhere on the CMB.
Let's make it a poll. My vote for sure is on Asimov, with myself as the runner up.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Unreal. Just unreal. Every single thing you've listed above is wrong, and frankly, projection. I really did think you were better than that. My mistake.
I was acknowledging my error in judgement in that post and was appreciative of your humility. But if I am wrong, You do realize what that means if everything I said was wrong and the opposite is true. It would mean that your take was not the refreshing humility I was hoping for but was in fact the stubborn know-it-all one up the other guy attacking responses to discussion topics that I was hoping it wasn't.

Now Lets move back to the original topic because this is a Rivers Mojo thread not a LTOCB humility test.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittydog View Post
I was acknowledging my error in judgement in that post and was appreciative of your humility. But if I am wrong, You do realize what that means if everything I said was wrong and the opposite is true. It would mean that your take was not the refreshing humility I was hoping for but was in fact the stubborn know-it-all one up the other guy attacking responses to discussion topics that I was hoping it wasn't.

Now Lets move back to the original topic because this is a Rivers Mojo thread not a LTOCB humility test.
I'm not sure what confuses me more, this line or that thing LongTimeCobalts was trying to say about the elbows and the magic hips and the pictures of the QBs from different angles. Then again, I'm sure I alone in being perplexed. I am not what you would call a smart man. The good Lord chose not to bless me a fully functional brain.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Let's make it a poll. My vote for sure is on Asimov, with myself as the runner up.
I second this. Mods, I believe this is all that is needed to create the poll. Please do so immediately. And can we get KennyBynum on it two?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:

More personal attacks. Lovely. Just another big man behind a keyboard. In sore need of a "humility test."

(aka Factless, Clueless, Agenda Driven, Myopic, Ball Watching
Chargersfan).

Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Rich Gannon:
On the future of Philip Rivers…
“I think Mike is the guy to get Rivers back on track, and that’s an important part of this hire. I thought it was important to bring someone in to get Philip back to playing the type of football he is capable of. And in fairness to Philip, I think he was put in a tough situation last year. The offensive line went through a tough situation losing a lot of players, and he left a lot of his weapons too. It put a lot more pressure and the onus on Philip Rivers during a time the defense was going through changes as well. So I think right now we are seeing a situation where Rivers can turn it around rather quickly, especially with who they’ve brought on board. But he’s got to take better care of the football and accept responsibility for his performances.”

I like Gannon's view.
It acknowledges the lack of o-line and the extra pressure he was under but still puts responsibility for taking care of football better on QB.

And in the Tampa Bay game that pick6 was not taking care of the football and Rivers must accept responsibility for the poor throw, whether it be the footwork or the late decision to throw it. As well as trying to do too much when a FG ties the game. Those type of 4th quarter blunders lose games.

Normally I would scoff at any opinion that comes from a former wearer of the silver and black. However after seeing this image and Gannon's impressive elbow elevation, his word is gospel.

QFT Gannon
Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

Quote:

And by the way -- go back and re-read the thread. Who was "attacking responses"? I answered a question. Posed by Asimov. Answered it correctly, by the way. Though he thought that terribly funny. But since my explanation -- again, one that was asked for -- nothing ensued since except attacks. By you and by Asimov. There's no honest way that you could translate this into my "attacking responses to discussion topics."

Maybe you're just used to gang tackling people and them not responding? That is, by the way, a charming quality.

Chargersfan).

Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
In sore need of a "humility test."
I had one of those once for my prostate. Not fun. Believe you me, buddy, you want none of that. Also I believe the sore is after the test, not before. Also not sure why I had to do it, I was only 26 at the time.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Breather maybe, coach?

It's also funny that Asimov thinks Rivers has a perfect throwing motion. He never did answer the question: If it's so optimal, why have so many -- heck every -- analyst, pointed it out? Why was it called "terrible" in his Draft report?

It is a sorry state, but not an uncommon one, when a person who has been proven wrong has no other resort but to sophistry and sarcasm. Not pretty -- but common. Especially from behind keyboards.

Chargersfan).