Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default Jared Goff Makes His Debut As Starter

Case Keenum said he was not happy and even “surprised” when told the Los Angeles Rams were tapping No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff to start at quarterback.

Jeff Fisher, the coach of the 4-5 Rams, announced earlier in the week that Goff would make his debut against the Miami Dolphins. Keenum had started the Rams’ first nine games and had led the lowest-scoring offense (15.4 points per game) in the NFL.

“I’m obviously surprised,” Keenum said. “Honestly, I wasn't happy. I want to play. That’s why I play football, to be the quarterback, to be the guy with the ball in his hand. “

Nick Foles demanded a trade after the Rams traded six picks to select Goff in the draft. That elevated Keenum to No. 1, a position that was hardly secure with Goff’s ascension all but assured at some point.

"I guess it was going to happen at some point," Keenum said (via The Associated Press). "But in my mind, it was my team. That's the way I viewed it. It was my offense, and I took ownership of it."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...59o?li=BBnb4R7

I hope he fails miserably, and Fisher gets fired in the off season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Hall of Famer

I dont care how Keenum feels. He was not productive at all. He's not a quarterback that will properly manage games like Alex Smith, he will NEVER make a play in crunch to win you games, and most of the time he will either not produce or lose you games. Surprised or not, happy or not, who cares.

Rams however have a mass amount of offensive issues. Receivers are bad, o-line is horrendous, lack of talent across the entire offense including the QB coach, offensive coordinator and head coach.

The head coach thinks it's the 90's and cannot develop a coach if his life depended on it.

The way i see it is the Rams are waiting out the 2 years of development of stadium to replace all of the above. I would offer Jim Harbaugh full control + $15m 4 year (with one year team option) contract after firing Fisher.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Case Keenum said he was not happy and even “surprised” when told the Los Angeles Rams were tapping No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff to start at quarterback.

Jeff Fisher, the coach of the 4-5 Rams, announced earlier in the week that Goff would make his debut against the Miami Dolphins. Keenum had started the Rams’ first nine games and had led the lowest-scoring offense (15.4 points per game) in the NFL.

“I’m obviously surprised,” Keenum said. “Honestly, I wasn't happy. I want to play. That’s why I play football, to be the quarterback, to be the guy with the ball in his hand. “

Nick Foles demanded a trade after the Rams traded six picks to select Goff in the draft. That elevated Keenum to No. 1, a position that was hardly secure with Goff’s ascension all but assured at some point.

"I guess it was going to happen at some point," Keenum said (via The Associated Press). "But in my mind, it was my team. That's the way I viewed it. It was my offense, and I took ownership of it."

Well, the bolded pretty well sums it up, Case ol' boy. . . .

Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post

Keenum is like the captain of the Exxon Valdez who is surprised about being replaced after drunkenly steering the ship into the reef and spilling millions of gallons of oil onto the beach.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Keenum is like the captain of the Exxon Valdez who is surprised about being replaced after drunkenly steering the ship into the reef and spilling millions of gallons of oil onto the beach.
Is this a bad thing?

Los Angeles Super Chargers!