Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 2 6.06%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 6.06%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 3.03%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 21.21%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 8 24.24%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 18.18%
Free trips to Cabo 4 12.12%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 9.09%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
If you didn't do it while running zig zag through sniper fire and land mines, I am not impressed.
I did it while married and while raising kids!?!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Misunderstood

Anyone want to hear the true story of the wreck I worked that killed 14....It was more than awful....
Old 05-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Anyone want to hear the true story of the wreck I worked that killed 14....It was more than awful....
It just couldn't be 15 . . . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Misunderstood

The call came in around dawn.....

A county to our north had called us for emergency personnel help....There had been a tragic wreck involving a Greyhound Bus and a Tractor Trailer on highway 11W...They did not have the personnel to handle the causalities..."Please hurry" was their cry!

As we ran out of the building and jumped into our units, all we knew was when we exited them again, we would see many deaths on the highway ahead...As we sped toward the scene, we were a caravan of 4 ambulances moving rapidly down the highway, almost as one....The sounds of our sirens and the flashing of our red lights, must have made an ominous sight to all we passed...

Dispatch told us to hurry, there were still survivors, but we must get there quickly if they were to live....I was the lead unit, and I radioed to my comrades to follow me and stay close...Time cannot be wasted in getting there...Our destination was 40 plus miles away and time was not a friend on this morning.....

As we came within visual distance of the accident, we could see the smoke rising from the piles of metal on the highway that use to be vehicles a short time ago...No where in this mass was the appearance of a Greyhound Bus, or a Tractor Trailer...

As I jumped out of ny ambulance the first thing that hit me was the heavy smell of smoke and gasoline....The Tennessee Highway Patrol was there in force, and the Rescue Squad from the local small town was busy with a triage trying to gather their wits about them, to save as many of the injured as they could....

One by one the injured were loaded into our ambulances and transported to the Morristown Hospital Emergency room...Some were critically injured, that was easy to see from the extent of their wounds. Others would be more lucky, but their minds would never be free of the horrors of that night....

I did not transport the injured that morning, instead I was used to gather body parts and try and assimilate which arm or head belonged to which body...It was a gruesome task indeed, but the public could not be allowed to see the true magnitude of the horror as they passed by....

The driver of the bus, or what was left of him, was protruding out of a gash in the side of the metal heap that was a bus not that long ago...Along with another guy, I pulled on his arms in an attempt to free what was left of his body...Instead of freeing, he broke in half and fell onto the roadway...

Several people on the scene became sick at this sight.... I got a sheet from our stretcher and covered the mass in the street that use to be a man....

I remember a baby was unharmed on the Greyhound Bus, but the child's parents were both killed...The crying of the child on the scene, along with the wailing of the injured, hung over the scene like a fog....

After the call was over and we returned to our base, not a member of our shift would ever forget the horrors of that morning...
Old 05-23-2017, 04:20 AM
<<< LA's finest football

What's the date on the newspaper ? May 13, 1972 ?

That wouldn't happen to have been during a time you were living in San Diego, bringing orphans to games and buying them jerseys & hotdogs. Would it ?

You did move to Tennesee at least 45 years ago, right ?

You wouldn't happen to have seen this article in a "45 years ago, today" feature, on the 13th of this month, right ?

A young boy with his father in Balboa Stadium in 1966, to a veteran EMT in Tennessee in 1972.

PS - xxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...

Last edited by chopper31; 05-23-2017 at 04:52 AM..
Old 05-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

RIP Roger Moore. Gone at 89.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Misunderstood

Eight year old child killed at the concert in Manchester.....Her little face is only one of so many slaughtered while listening to a singer....

That little face really gets me....RIP little Saffie.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:08 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Misunderstood

Guys, last night I was watching an old monster movie on television....It brought back a fun memory as a kid...

I was just a young guy at the time and was really into this movie at the theater....My mother had my sitter go with me to the movies so I wouldn't go alone, she was around 20 or so....Anyway, this movie really had me in suspense and scared...I loved monster movies.

Little did I know the teenagers sitting behind us were watching me as much as the movie....In a real suspenseful part of the film, one of the teenagers behind me grabbed me from behind...I was eating popcorn and drinking a coke at the time....My popcorn flew into the air likea geiser, and my coke went everywhere as well...

My sitter burst out into laughter and the kids behind me went wild with laughter as well...The people in front of me turned around to asked what the devil was I doing with all the popcorn going everywhere....I had no answer.

Last night when the film came to this critical part, I told my bride what had happened to me then....She had a good laugh too.

This was a time when scary films were scary...Not all the gore of today...
Old 05-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Help meeee. Help Meeeeeeeeeee..

The best Offense is a good Defense.