Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will Denver finish in the Division?
Division Champs! 14 20.00%
Second 44 62.86%
Third 3 4.29%
Cellar Dwellars 9 12.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Rookie

The only thing Manning walks out with from Denver, is a card on his rear view mirror that gets him the best parking spots.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:08 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
Nah. We get there again, we win it.
"We'll be fine"
Canmore, throughout '13/'14 playoffs

^ how many convincing losses to NFC West teams in the upcoming reg season until that reverts back to being your line ?

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...

Last edited by chopper31; 04-02-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Manning plays out his contract. That is the likely scenario. You can hate on him for another three years.
Can't say I disagree.

Manning voluntarily walking away from money would surely be against the norm. As long as the Donks wanna keep paying him, he'll be around.

Elway seems to like to overpay for sexy names as well, so I'm not sure it'll even matter if he re-aggravates his neck injury at some point. It probably isn't that far fetched to think he could still be suiting up at age 43. To play another 8 seasons, making it a full decade with the Donks, probably isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

Either way you're right, just more years to hate on him. That's something that with one rare exception, always delivers a happy ending that lasts for at least 7 months

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...

Last edited by chopper31; 04-02-2014 at 05:26 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

I wonder if he has Geritol incentives in his contract?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
"We'll be fine"
Canmore, throughout '13/'14 playoffs

^ how many convincing losses to NFC West teams in the upcoming reg season until that reverts back to being your line ?
At least we made the dance. Being a bridesmaid sucks, still we had a shot and that is all you can really ask for. I know there were thirty other teams that would have killed for the chance to replace us. That includes San Diego.

As far as the state of the Broncos, things are looking up. We will be OK. We are still the team to beat in the AFC and a Super Bowl favorite. The loss really hurt, but 2014 is a new season.

As far as 2014 losses go we don't have any. I'm looking forward to matching up with the NFC West. How about you guys.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Sounds legit.
Were legit, big target on our backs, but we're legit.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Stick and move Canmore.....Stick and move......
Not much else to do GT. I'm surrounded by enemy wessels.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Lookout CT, Canmore's coming for you....Well, he is at least dremin big already...
Yes, like us or hate us we're going back to the dance.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
That a boy Canmore, way to get your shot in.....Not sure where the rest of the gang is, but get ready to block a few punches...
I'm here, bring it.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
At least we made the dance. Being a bridesmaid sucks, still we had a shot and that is all you can really ask for. I know there were thirty other teams that would have killed for the chance to replace us. That includes San Diego.

As far as the state of the Broncos, things are looking up. We will be OK. We are still the team to beat in the AFC and a Super Bowl favorite. The loss really hurt, but 2014 is a new season.

As far as 2014 losses go we don't have any. I'm looking forward to matching up with the NFC West. How about you guys.
We're familiar with being a SB rep and getting blown out by the rep of the dominant conference (but of course nowhere near as familiar as the Donks are )

You guys went 13 -3 last year, and made the SB. It's going to be a tall order to repeat that fate, especially with a much tougher schedule this year, so I don't know if I can agree with your "things are looking up" take. Sure, your next game may not be a 43-8 blowout, but you guys had a lot of luck on your side last year. An easy schedule, a weak conference and no true cold weather playoff games all contributed to your 2013 success. Will all those pieces fall into place this year ? We already know that the schedule won't be as easy. How the rest of the conference shapes up, and what Mother Nature has in store late in the season remains to be seen.

But the "greatest offense of all time" was far from impressive in competitive games last year. I don't see it improving this year, I think it's going to regress. Your upgrades on the defensive side, were to positions that were already more than adequate, and neither Talib nor Ware would have altered your fate in the SB.

Am I looking forward to the NFC West matchups ? Not really. I think we're both a bit behind those teams, but then again, I was worried about matching up against the NFC East in '09 and we won 3 out of 4.

Closed Thread