Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Tom Telesco

So let's grade Telesco. How would you rate his drafts? AJ Smith was pretty bad and Telesco has had to try to patch some holes. But I remember alot of in TT we trust type threads last year. I haven't seen too many recently. Plus we've been decimated with injuries at a higher rate than most teams. The only move made was releasing 1 poor CB amongst a bunch of poor corner backs and bringing in a guy who was hurt all last year..nothing was done on either line or to perhaps bolster the pass rush. Everyone is counting on Ingram coming back. But what if he doesn't? I think TT has a lot of questions to answer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Biggest Fan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Keenan Allen is the only quality starter he's drafted. Fluker is getting worse not better. Verrett, Te'o and attachau are worthless Because they can't get or stay on the field. Not a good sign
Old 11-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Hall of Famer

It's a little early for that, but...

I have no complaints. I mean, it'll hurt that we took Fluker over Star if he continues to struggle on the edge (especially with the mess that is the DL).
Old 11-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Why do people always make these, "Let's judge exhibit A" after a loss. Make one after a loss and it'll be negative.

Make one after a win and it'll be positive.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Why do people always make these, "Let's judge exhibit A" after a loss. Make one after a loss and it'll be negative.

Make one after a win and it'll be positive.
Just an objective thread open for discussion. I've been rather neutral and even keeled regarding Telesco. Meaning I haven't been overly praising or overly critical

Biggest Fan
Old 11-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Default TT good job...still work to be done

Keenan had an outstanding rookie season. Sophomore season so so so far. TT drafted potentially 3 starters. They just have to stay healthy. Keenan is solid pick of the draft so far. Fluker from the post game comments needs to rest his ankle and review his fundamentals on film. His strengths are his run blocking. Hopefully this returns after the bye. I don't want to give Teo the Larry English award for injury prone just yet; let's wait and see what he can deliver in the next year.

TT with the money has going into next year will need to invest on both sides of the line. This year picks have awesome ability. Verrett and Atachou on defense. Gives these guys some time. I liked what I've seen abeit a small sample; they can be solid starters for us.

Go Bolts
Old 11-02-2014, 03:31 PM
All-Pro

Telesco has been average in draft horrible in FA.

2013: Fluker is still young and doesn't have a injury history. He'll bounce back next season when he has a offseason at RG

Te'o has been a mega bust. I didn't like our move up for him I remember wanting Jamie Collins of the patriots and stay put.

Keenan Allen is the only good player right now but he is no WR1.

2014: Verrett: looks like a future pro bowler but anyone in Telesco's position could have made that pick

Attaouchu: Huge disappointment so far. I can't remember the last time I saw home geared up

Watt: huge reach. Don't know what he was on when he made this pick with Donte Moncrief and Trai Turner still on the board
Old 11-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup760 View Post
Telesco has been average in draft horrible in FA.

2013: Fluker is still young and doesn't have a injury history. He'll bounce back next season when he has a offseason at RG

Te'o has been a mega bust. I didn't like our move up for him I remember wanting Jamie Collins of the patriots and stay put.

Keenan Allen is the only good player right now but he is no WR1.

2014: Verrett: looks like a future pro bowler but anyone in Telesco's position could have made that pick

Attaouchu: Huge disappointment so far. I can't remember the last time I saw home geared up

Watt: huge reach. Don't know what he was on when he made this pick with Donte Moncrief and Trai Turner still on the board
k

Old 11-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
k

Disagree with the Te'o part. But I do agree that Allen is not a #1.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Fluker hasn't done a good job run-blocking over the past few games. We haven't had much of a run game. We've seen how well Oliver plays when he gets the blocking he needs.