Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football & Pick 'Em Pools
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default Let's talk fantasy football

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
The annoying part is fantasy football being injected into conversations it doesn't belong. As I said - there is an entire subforum set up to talk all the fantasy football you wish.

Things in their own place and time. This isn't it.

As a side comment - it's part of what is ruining the game...
For sure. It's not the wife beaters, child abusers, rapists, flag-throwing referees, or the joke of a commissioner that's making the NFL a complete sham, it's organizing and analyzing individual player statistics.

Chargers fans calling out other Chargers fans for saying "at least Rivers and Woodhead had good statistical showings, and I had a direct benefit from it" is absurd.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:08 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
For sure. It's not the wife beaters, child abusers, rapists, flag-throwing referees, or the joke of a commissioner that's making the NFL a complete sham, it's organizing and analyzing individual player statistics.

Chargers fans calling out other Chargers fans for saying "at least Rivers and Woodhead had good statistical showings, and I had a direct benefit from it" is absurd.
you're protesting a little too much.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:11 PM
WootMonkey WootMonkey is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Park
Posts: 14,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
The annoying part is fantasy football being injected into conversations it doesn't belong. As I said - there is an entire subforum set up to talk all the fantasy football you wish.

Things in their own place and time. This isn't it.

As a side comment - it's part of what is ruining the game...
The NFL is doing a fine job destroying the game on its own, you don't need to blame FF.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:13 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Seems we struck a nerve with this one. I'm counting three posts now. Theres plenty of fantasy forums, go there. You all are telling me you'd rather win your ten dollars than have a Chargers superbowl win? Or did you really sign up on the Chargers forum to talk about your fantasy team every year?
Ah, America. "I don't like what you have to say, so you should just go somewhere else."

I would love for the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, but I have absolutely no control of that, and neither do you.

As a Chargers fan and as a football fan, why can't I be glad that two of my favorite Chargers had good statistical days? I specifically drafted them to be on my fantasy team because I like Phil and Woody. It's not like they're two players that fantasy owners fight for.

It's not like I'm in General Discussion spouting off about how glad I am that Gronk had such and such stats, or that Buffalo's defense is statistically disappointing (although I see no reason why I can't discuss it in context in subforums like Around the NFL).

Yeah it sucks that the Chargers lost, but pretty cool that my two favorite Chargers had good statistical days and I had a direct benefit from that. What's wrong with that?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:19 PM
SuperMelvin's Avatar
SuperMelvin SuperMelvin is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
the only person on here smarter than me is moe.

thanks for the well wishes. You should come back to the pick em league. It's better than fantasy. How is your fantasy team...Woot wants to know.
I have the 2nd best record.

I'm more into fan duel now than I am regular fantasy. I was on a roll until this week.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Ah, America. "I don't like what you have to say, so you should just go somewhere else."

I would love for the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, but I have absolutely no control of that, and neither do you.

As a Chargers fan and as a football fan, why can't I be glad that two of my favorite Chargers had good statistical days? I specifically drafted them to be on my fantasy team because I like Phil and Woody. It's not like they're two players that fantasy owners fight for.

It's not like I'm in General Discussion spouting off about how glad I am that Gronk had such and such stats, or that Buffalo's defense is statistically disappointing (although I see no reason why I can't discuss it in context in subforums like Around the NFL).

Yeah it sucks that the Chargers lost, but pretty cool that my two favorite Chargers had good statistical days and I had a direct benefit from that. What's wrong with that?
Well that was one hell of a stretch to try to make your point more appealing. You're mostly posting in this thread to defend people talking about their fantasy teams. You know, the teams that aren't real?? We are a bunch of heated Chargers fans upset with the way our team is playing, and it's not the time, nor the place, to post about one's fantasy team. There is a forum for that, you seem to not want to read that part, and just want to act like we're all attacking you and what we say is completely baseless. As you can probably (hopefully) read, most people don't care about fantasy teams here. However, there is the luxury of having an entire board dedicated to that fantasy world. All we ask, is you take it there. Stop acting like a victim because you don't want to abide by the rules, that even a moderator has commented on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:22 PM
BobFromJamul BobFromJamul is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jamul
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMelvin View Post
I have the 2nd best record.

I'm more into fan duel now than I am regular fantasy. I was on a roll until this week.
Oh - perhaps you should submit your resume to the Chargers. I'm sure that they will take into account your amazing success in Fantasy Football and FanDuel when they are looking for a new GM after this season
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
The NFL is doing a fine job destroying the game on its own, you don't need to blame FF.
He didn't say it's the only reason, I believe he said it's part of it. And as of right now, I don't know if I disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromJamul View Post
Oh - perhaps you should submit your resume to the Chargers. I'm sure that they will take into account your amazing success in Fantasy Football and FanDuel when they are looking for a new GM after this season
Careful, the FF guys are extremely sensitive when you talk about their fantasy league. You can't tell them to abide by the board rules and talk about it in the proper forum.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Well that was one hell of a stretch to try to make your point more appealing. You're mostly posting in this thread to defend people talking about their fantasy teams. You know, the teams that aren't real?? We are a bunch of heated Chargers fans upset with the way our team is playing, and it's not the time, nor the place, to post about one's fantasy team. There is a forum for that, you seem to not want to read that part, and just want to act like we're all attacking you and what we say is completely baseless. As you can probably (hopefully) read, most people don't care about fantasy teams here. However, there is the luxury of having an entire board dedicated to that fantasy world. All we ask, is you take it there. Stop acting like a victim because you don't want to abide by the rules, that even a moderator has commented on.
A stretch? Isn't that exactly what you said? "Theres plenty of fantasy forums, go there."

Why isn't it the time or place to discuss that two specific Chargers had statistically good games? Just because you're mad? Casually mentioning one's FF team while specifically referencing Chargers stats is not out of time or place in any sense of the words. This is the San Diego Chargers forum, what else would you discuss but the San Diego Chargers?

I'm not acting like a victim, I just think it's completely absurd for Chargers fans to be offended by hearing that Chargers players had statistically good games and some other Chargers fans had a direct benefit as a result.

But yeah, I guess it makes more sense to whine and wallow in misery and hysteria after a loss than talk about player statistics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.