Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football & Pick 'Em Pools
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM
DefenseWins's Avatar
DefenseWins DefenseWins is offline
Moderator of Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: EdgeOfSeat
Posts: 30,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
He didn't say it's the only reason, I believe he said it's part of it. And as of right now, I don't know if I disagree.
Yes, I did say part of it. Rules changes, the way games are called, so many aspects that are being modified to fuel the fantasy engine - while sacrificing the actual game itself.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:29 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
He didn't say it's the only reason, I believe he said it's part of it. And as of right now, I don't know if I disagree.
Can you specify what specifically fantasy football has done to bring about the precipitous downfall of the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Careful, the FF guys are extremely sensitive when you talk about their fantasy league. You can't tell them to abide by the board rules and talk about it in the proper forum.
Rats, I forgot about the forum rule that prohibited me from talking about statistics.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:30 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Yes, I did say part of it. Rules changes, the way games are called, so many aspects that are being modified to fuel the fantasy engine - while sacrificing the actual game itself.
Now this is a completely baseless claim, Silly.

You're better than that.

NFL changing rules for fantasy football? Come on. Fantasy football is a beneficiary of the problem, not a driver of it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:32 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,182
Default

I think (and i may have this wrong) that according to NM Bolts fan the problem with america is that there is not enough freedom to talk about fantasy sports.

Point taken. Fight the good fight!
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
A stretch? Isn't that exactly what you said? "Theres plenty of fantasy forums, go there."

Why isn't it the time or place to discuss that two specific Chargers had statistically good games? Just because you're mad? Casually mentioning one's FF team while specifically referencing Chargers stats is not out of time or place in any sense of the words. This is the San Diego Chargers forum, what else would you discuss but the San Diego Chargers?

I'm not acting like a victim, I just think it's completely absurd for Chargers fans to be offended by hearing that Chargers players had statistically good games and some other Chargers fans had a direct benefit as a result.

But yeah, I guess it makes more sense to whine and wallow in misery and hysteria after a loss than talk about player statistics.
Ya, you refuse to talk about it in the proper forum, why is it so hard for you to understand that and follow the rules? You're acting like I blindly want to run you off the boards. I don't know why you keep saying it's just two chargers players that are being talked about. I saw posters mentioning there whole teams as well. TALK ABOUT IT IN THE FANTASY FORUM. You talk about the attitude of America, well you fall right in. Overly sensitive, liberal thinking. "don't tell me where to go, I can do whatever I want". I don't understand where you think I'm offended hearing about Chargers stats. You're mad and whining because you can't do whatever you want. You're talking fantasy football, but when you have to argue about it, it suddenly turns into you were just talking strictly about stats.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Can you specify what specifically fantasy football has done to bring about the precipitous downfall of the NFL?



Rats, I forgot about the forum rule that prohibited me from talking about statistics.
You don't think the betting on specific players has changed the landscape of the game? Players THEMSELVES have fantasy teams. You don't think things change on or off the field when money is involved? You gotta see the big picture. Now, I said it's part of the issue, and it's not big enough yet, but to see it is completely absent is ridiculous.

Again, you were talking ff, not statistics, you're only saying that now as it supports your current argument that is a spinoff of what you were arguing about.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
I think (and i may have this wrong) that according to NM Bolts fan the problem with america is that there is not enough freedom to talk about fantasy sports.

Point taken. Fight the good fight!
Theres plenty of freedom for it, just in the right forum, which this is now in, and should have been in in the first place.

However, he's now not talking about fantasy football. He apparently was talking statistics about two Chargers players the entire time, even though all the other posts prove otherwise. There is no stat talk, but the ff argument was lost, so onto something else.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Ya, you refuse to talk about it in the proper forum, why is it so hard for you to understand that and follow the rules? You're acting like I blindly want to run you off the boards. I don't know why you keep saying it's just two chargers players that are being talked about. I saw posters mentioning there whole teams as well. TALK ABOUT IT IN THE FANTASY FORUM. You talk about the attitude of America, well you fall right in. Overly sensitive, liberal thinking. "don't tell me where to go, I can do whatever I want". I don't understand where you think I'm offended hearing about Chargers stats. You're mad and whining because you can't do whatever you want. You're talking fantasy football, but when you have to argue about it, it suddenly turns into you were just talking strictly about stats.
So statistics are only allowed to be discussed in the Fantasy Forum? How does that even make sense? Is it forbidden to talk about player stats and to mention that they contributed to a direct benefit to yourself?

This entire discussion came from some posters (including myself) mentioning that they were glad that Rivers and Woodhead had great statistical games that contributed to a fantasy win. Two Chargers.

That is completely absurd.

You are the first person that has ever called me liberal, and coming from a Californian it's even more curious, but hey, there you go. If thinking you should be allowed to discuss statistics of certain Chargers players in the "General Discussion" forum of the website, well alrighty then.

You still haven't cited how it's against the rules to talk about statistics or fantasy football in a General Discussion forum. Maybe we should move the OGDT and Post-Game threads to Around the NFL then because they reference other teams that aren't the Chargers (gasp!).

Fantasy Football IS about stats, if you don't know that then you just have a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of the thing you hold such disdain for.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:45 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
You don't think the betting on specific players has changed the landscape of the game? Players THEMSELVES have fantasy teams. You don't think things change on or off the field when money is involved? You gotta see the big picture. Now, I said it's part of the issue, and it's not big enough yet, but to see it is completely absent is ridiculous.

Again, you were talking ff, not statistics, you're only saying that now as it supports your current argument that is a spinoff of what you were arguing about.
If you're worried that Fantasy Football might threaten the integrity of a sport, the Black Sox have a word for you.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:46 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
So statistics are only allowed to be discussed in the Fantasy Forum? How does that even make sense? Is it forbidden to talk about player stats and to mention that they contributed to a direct benefit to yourself?

This entire discussion came from some posters (including myself) mentioning that they were glad that Rivers and Woodhead had great statistical games that contributed to a fantasy win. Two Chargers.

That is completely absurd.

You are the first person that has ever called me liberal, and coming from a Californian it's even more curious, but hey, there you go. If thinking you should be allowed to discuss statistics of certain Chargers players in the "General Discussion" forum of the website, well alrighty then.

You still haven't cited how it's against the rules to talk about statistics or fantasy football in a General Discussion forum. Maybe we should move the OGDT and Post-Game threads to Around the NFL then because they reference other teams that aren't the Chargers (gasp!).

Fantasy Football IS about stats, if you don't know that then you just have a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of the thing you hold such disdain for.
TLDR

all that was said was in the gameday thread and the post game thread people kept interjecting, well at least my fantasy team did well. Oh man, i just needed one more TD from X player and I wouldve at least won my fantasy week.

Oh yeah me too, dont bench rivers, i need him for fantasy.

oh man, gordon is benched, hes on my fantasy.

hey, at least i was smart enough to have cooper on my team going against flowers on my fantasy team.

it gets annoying, you know because no one cares about your fantasy team but you. You want to talk fantasy and how it relates to the game, do it in the fantasy forum. week 7 charger fantasy points...post away. it gets tiring to look at from a non fantasy guy and even other fantasy guys, because like i said, no one else cares about your fantasy team and how well or poorly youre doing.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.