Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Fantasy Football & Pick 'Em Pools
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:53 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
TLDR

all that was said was in the gameday thread and the post game thread people kept interjecting, well at least my fantasy team did well. Oh man, i just needed one more TD from X player and I wouldve at least won my fantasy week.

Oh yeah me too, dont bench rivers, i need him for fantasy.

oh man, gordon is benched, hes on my fantasy.

hey, at least i was smart enough to have cooper on my team going against flowers on my fantasy team.

it gets annoying, you know because no one cares about your fantasy team but you. You want to talk fantasy and how it relates to the game, do it in the fantasy forum. week 7 charger fantasy points...post away. it gets tiring to look at from a non fantasy guy and even other fantasy guys, because like i said, no one else cares about your fantasy team and how well or poorly youre doing.
It gets annoying to see posts about how McCoy needs to be fired every 3.6 seconds, or how Rivers is garbage, or how we don't make in-game adjustments etc. etc. etc. but they're always posted anyway.

An off-cuff comment about how certain nuances of the game have a direct effect on a particular poster, though? Especially since such posts usually come in context of the conversation or during relevant portions of a game, I don't see why that's offensive to some people.

"At least Rivers and Woodhead benefited my fantasy team today," I don't see why that's such an imposition.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
DefenseWins's Avatar
DefenseWins DefenseWins is offline
Moderator of Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: EdgeOfSeat
Posts: 30,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Now this is a completely baseless claim, Silly.

You're better than that.

NFL changing rules for fantasy football? Come on. Fantasy football is a beneficiary of the problem, not a driver of it.
No - it isn't. Look at a lot of the changes since the advent of FF. All geared towards the offense and more scoring.

You'll also note that wasn't the only thing I said... I understand you want to pick out one thing - but the subject was "it's effect" - as in all of it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
So statistics are only allowed to be discussed in the Fantasy Forum? How does that even make sense? Is it forbidden to talk about player stats and to mention that they contributed to a direct benefit to yourself?

This entire discussion came from some posters (including myself) mentioning that they were glad that Rivers and Woodhead had great statistical games that contributed to a fantasy win. Two Chargers.

That is completely absurd.

You are the first person that has ever called me liberal, and coming from a Californian it's even more curious, but hey, there you go. If thinking you should be allowed to discuss statistics of certain Chargers players in the "General Discussion" forum of the website, well alrighty then.

You still haven't cited how it's against the rules to talk about statistics or fantasy football in a General Discussion forum. Maybe we should move the OGDT and Post-Game threads to Around the NFL then because they reference other teams that aren't the Chargers (gasp!).

Fantasy Football IS about stats, if you don't know that then you just have a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of the thing you hold such disdain for.
Thats not the only thing they posted about. It's about where you posted, but you refuse to see that. As well as your argument going from ff, to strictly statistics, and back, when it supports your argument. You're not getting it, you won't get it, I'm done talking about it. My original feelings remain, no one cares about your ff team in the broader spectrum of things, and the talk should stay in the ff forum. Stats by themselves are welcome, but you weren't talking about that until it became convenient to your argument. Adios.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-25-2015, 05:57 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
No - it isn't. Look at a lot of the changes since the advent of FF. All geared towards the offense and more scoring.

You'll also note that wasn't the only thing I said... I understand you want to pick out one thing - but the subject was "it's effect" - as in all of it.
It absolutely is baseless.

Do you have anything that tells me that the NFL is making these changes to specifically benefit fantasy leagues? FF benefits from the changes, sure, but all that means is that you get scores of 120-110 now in FF instead of, for example, 65-53.

Fun fact, defense plays a role in Fantasy Football as well.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:00 PM
DefenseWins's Avatar
DefenseWins DefenseWins is offline
Moderator of Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: EdgeOfSeat
Posts: 30,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
It gets annoying to see posts about how McCoy needs to be fired every 3.6 seconds, or how Rivers is garbage, or how we don't make in-game adjustments etc. etc. etc. but they're always posted anyway.
Yes they are - but then you put up such posts yourself...

Whether you want to accept it or not - those comments are about the Chargers, the team, the game in progress, the game just played. They are put up in a forum about said team.

The forum this thread is in is the one for discussions of fantasy football. You may not like it, but the forum is organized along topical lines. Talk all you want about your fantasy team and/or fantasy football in general - in this forum set aside for such discussions.

If you don't want to read the posts about the team and the discussions of them, don't go in the forum for such discussions... just as other posters don't habit this forum because they don't want to see/read about it.

This is my last comment on the matter of where such discussions take place. It's been rationally and calmly explained to you. Argue and complain all you want about it in here. It isn't going to change a thing.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:01 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Thats not the only thing they posted about. It's about where you posted, but you refuse to see that. As well as your argument going from ff, to strictly statistics, and back, when it supports your argument. You're not getting it, you won't get it, I'm done talking about it. My original feelings remain, no one cares about your ff team in the broader spectrum of things, and the talk should stay in the ff forum. Stats by themselves are welcome, but you weren't talking about that until it became convenient to your argument. Adios.
Again, an off-cuff post about your fantasy team (which, again, is ENTIRELY about statistics, which you don't seem to "get") in the general discussion forum is completely acceptable, IMO, especially when it is relevant to Chargers players (including match-ups against that Chargers).

If you're talking about Gronk vs the Jets defense, obviously that would be irrelevant in General Discussions on a Chargers forum, but that is generally not the case.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Bolts4Life21's Avatar
Bolts4Life21 Bolts4Life21 is offline
Charger FrEaK
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Again, an off-cuff post about your fantasy team (which, again, is ENTIRELY about statistics, which you don't seem to "get") in the general discussion forum is completely acceptable, IMO, especially when it is relevant to Chargers players (including match-ups against that Chargers).

If you're talking about Gronk vs the Jets defense, obviously that would be irrelevant in General Discussions on a Chargers forum, but that is generally not the case.
Well, I get that, but agree to disagree. I'm not gonna argue with a fellow Charger fan over something so petty. I see it one way, you see it another, thats fine.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:06 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Again, an off-cuff post about your fantasy team (which, again, is ENTIRELY about statistics, which you don't seem to "get") in the general discussion forum is completely acceptable, IMO, especially when it is relevant to Chargers players (including match-ups against that Chargers).

If you're talking about Gronk vs the Jets defense, obviously that would be irrelevant in General Discussions on a Chargers forum, but that is generally not the case.
its not really about stats, its about how those stats are affecting you personally.

I really dont care. I just found it kind of annoying, as i do the overabundance of Rivers sucks, fire mccoy, marty norv debates of which i engage in. I cant imagine youre that upset about this, enough to throw out a metaphor about the problems of america. found that kind of amusing. it's just fantasy sports. good luck in your league.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:14 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Yes they are - but then you put up such posts yourself...

Whether you want to accept it or not - those comments are about the Chargers, the team, the game in progress, the game just played. They are put up in a forum about said team.

The forum this thread is in is the one for discussions of fantasy football. You may not like it, but the forum is organized along topical lines. Talk all you want about your fantasy team and/or fantasy football in general - in this forum set aside for such discussions.

If you don't want to read the posts about the team and the discussions of them, don't go in the forum for such discussions... just as other posters don't habit this forum because they don't want to see/read about it.

This is my last comment on the matter of where such discussions take place. It's been rationally and calmly explained to you. Argue and complain all you want about it in here. It isn't going to change a thing.
First of all I would LOVE for you to quote a post of mine where I made any comments of the sort. I joked about there not being a difference if McCoy was fired at half time today, so I guess there's that. Hardly a pattern.

To the overarching discussion, I want to quote what the Chargers Forum describes "General Discussion" forum as:
Quote:
This is the place to discuss everything to do with the San Diego Chargers.
How is talking about Rivers and Woodhead's good statistical day as a direct benefit to yourself against that description? Or even players that are matched up against the Chargers? I'm using this as an example because this seems to be the thing that set people's tempers off for whatever reason.

I understand that there is a Fantasy Football forum on here, but commenting on the topic generally as a point in an overall conversation, I don't see why that's so offensive or somehow against the rules. Especially since it falls under the umbrella definition the CMB describes as General Discussion anyway.

Posters make tons of points about other teams in GD all the time, why aren't those posters called out and being forced to only utter the names of other teams in the Around the NFL forum? Not that I'm arguing for that, it's just ridiculous that just because you and some others do not like fantasy football, it shouldn't be talked about in the GD forum. Like it or not, it is a significant aspect of the overall NFL experience today, and is a relevant topic of general discussion.

If it's strictly a discussion about FF by all means move it to this forum, but whining about FF posts that are within relevance of the overall topic is completely absurd.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-25-2015, 06:23 PM
nmboltsfan nmboltsfan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 23,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts4Life21 View Post
Well, I get that, but agree to disagree. I'm not gonna argue with a fellow Charger fan over something so petty. I see it one way, you see it another, thats fine.
I just want to understand why the argument is that it's against the rules to make a comment about FF in General Discussion, in general. If I want to make a comment about fantasy football and the directly related statistics as it relates to a specific, relevant topic, I don't understand why that is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
its not really about stats, its about how those stats are affecting you personally.

I really dont care. I just found it kind of annoying, as i do the overabundance of Rivers sucks, fire mccoy, marty norv debates of which i engage in. I cant imagine youre that upset about this, enough to throw out a metaphor about the problems of america. found that kind of amusing. it's just fantasy sports. good luck in your league.
Marion, I respect you as a poster. I really do.

The reason I'm even arguing about this with you (which I will agree with B4L21 is a petty argument) is because for me, it's frustrating and incomprehensible to me that I (or any other poster) can't make a fantasy-related post in a relevant situation without being called less of a fan for it.

We all know that this is a game, and winning is obviously the objective of the game. Obviously I want the Chargers to go 19-0 every year, but in the absence of that, hell yes I think it's okay for a poster to be glad that he or she had positive fantasy results as a direct result of the positive output of some of our players - in spite of the fact that those players lost in a real life game.

It's a sliver lining, I don't see an issue with it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.