Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Going to need more mods or the ones here will be way busier.

Handling those Los Angeles temperaments is probably going to make the attitudes here who are already a handful to mods, seem exponentially easier. There's going to be an influx of arrogant, young, trendy, hip and entitled posters. If you have a problem with that personality, there's going to be clashes. A lot of the more old-fashioned cats will have their hands full. The conservative mentality doesn't fit well with the Los Angeles crowd. I'm thinking those who hate Los Angeles personalities will hate them more dealing with them here. While other posters here will be relieved to see the new wave more inline with their mentality.

I predict first a culture shock followed by a culture change on this board incoming. Won't be here for it, but I'm sure there's going to be entertainment.

Last edited by physicsgeek; 11-08-2015 at 12:59 AM..
Old 11-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Hall of Famer

The better question is, who cares?
Old 11-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:10 AM
19 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
The better question is, who cares?

POTD...you get beer!

Old 11-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:

Handling those Los Angeles temperaments is probably going to make the attitudes here who are already a handful to mods, seem exponentially easier. There's going to be an influx of arrogant, young, trendy, hip and entitled posters. If you have a problem with that personality, there's going to be clashes. A lot of the more old-fashioned cats will have their hands full. The conservative mentality doesn't fit well with the Los Angeles crowd. I'm thinking those who hate Los Angeles personalities will hate them more dealing with them here. While other posters here will be relieved to see the new wave more inline with their mentality.

I predict first a culture shock followed by a culture change on this board incoming. Won't be here for it, but I'm sure there's going to be entertainment.
I find your post both funny and full of misconceptions and nescience... some of the things in no particular order:

As if there aren't any posters of the like described already - or posters from LA.

As if all folks from LA are the same.

As if age has anything to do with attitudes.

As if LA has a market on the type of posters described.

As if the market described is the "zenith" of the type and there aren't groups far more out there in all aspects described.

As if ethnicity has anything to do with the price of tea in China.

As if there aren't folks from all over the global that would eat "the LA crowd" for a snack.

As if the moderators as a group haven't ever seen or been exposed to either the LA type described or those which make 'em look like moderate, meek cupcakes - or are somehow vastly inexperienced and/or lacking exposure to different 'cultures' .

As if the type described holds a candle to a significant portion of the posters on places like Reddit...

As if the posters on the CMB as a whole are somehow homogeneous in their temperaments, views, or types.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
I find your post both funny and full of misconceptions and nescience... some of the things in no particular order:

As if there aren't any posters of the like described already - or posters from LA.
When they become the Los Angeles Chargers, I think there are going to be more Los Angeles fans. You can check out most forums about Los Angeles teams Lakersground, realgm Lakers forum, Lakers boards on ESPN, etc. to see your potential fan base.

Quote:
As if all folks from LA are the same.
We aren't, but living here I can tell you how plenty of them are. Just as plenty of people on this board have a general consensus on how folks from Los Angeles are. Steretotypes may exist for a reason.

Quote:
As if age has anything to do with attitudes.
Do you want to take this one back? lol.

Quote:
As if LA has a market on the type of posters described.
Well, major markets tend to have more of these types of fans.

Quote:
As if the market described is the "zenith" of the type and there aren't groups far more out there in all aspects described.
Already kind of already addressed this earlier.

Quote:
As if ethnicity has anything to do with the price of tea in China.
Who said anything, ever, in my post about ethnicity? Are you making stereotypes about ethnicity based on description ?

Quote:
As if there aren't folks from all over the global that would eat "the LA crowd" for a snack.
There definitely are, but are the mods capable of it?

Quote:
As if the moderators as a group haven't ever seen or been exposed to either the LA type described or those which make 'em look like moderate, meek cupcakes - or are somehow vastly inexperienced and/or lacking exposure to different 'cultures' .
That's my basis of my post, there's going to be a big influx of them. You guys will be busy.

Quote:
As if the type described holds a candle to a significant portion of the posters on places like Reddit...
Reddit more or less isn't that broad of a spectrum either. Reddit's demographics aren't as diverse as people believe.

Quote:
As if the posters on the CMB as a whole are somehow homogeneous in their temperaments, views, or types.
They aren't but I do notice the ones who are slightly more pessimistic get on people's nerves here. Los Angeles sports fans are very much this way for the most part.

Only time will tell, but I'm pretty confident in my predictions, just like anyone else here would probably be.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Do you want to take this one back? lol.
Nope, I've seen the full gamut of attitudes from the full gamut of age groups.
Quote:
Who said anything, ever, in my post about ethnicity? Are you making stereotypes about ethnicity based on description ?
My bad on this one - it was about a term used by someone else in a different post. Sometimes when reading through a couple pages of a thread something one poster says gets "mixed in" with another's. Apologies for attributing it to your post.
Quote:
Reddit more or less isn't that broad of a spectrum either. Reddit's demographics aren't as diverse as people believe.
Never said it was or wasn't diverse - but it is definitely "more" of the type of attitude you described - hence the comparison. You know some of the stunts and actions of a faction involved there, right? That said, in Reddit's case, the forum is about making $$ - so the dynamics and management are vastly different.
Quote:
They aren't but I do notice the ones who are slightly more pessimistic get on people's nerves here. Los Angeles sports fans are very much this way for the most part.
"Slightly?" You care to take that one back? lol. Go to almost any forum of any sports team on the planet. You'll find the same spread and types, only the percentages will change.
Quote:
Only time will tell, but I'm pretty confident in my predictions, just like anyone else here would probably be.
There is so very much only time will tell, most definitely. One of those things is just how much "influx" there is _if_ they end up there and _if_ this forum remains. Based on the opinions of a fair number of posters on the forum now, the influx will be minimal at best (not my opinion - just an observation regarding predictions).
Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

What happens to Jordan Beane and Ricky Henne if they move to LA is the REAL question...
2016 - In TT Itrust and in MM I'm warming up in faith again
Old 11-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCharge View Post
What happens to Jordan Beane and Ricky Henne if they move to LA is the REAL question...
Naw, the real question is what would happen to the Charger Girls
Old 11-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Given the chargers are 2-6 this year no one will notice until draft time next year. Crickets chirping while theyre pulling out in the middle of thenight!