Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will the Donkeys finish this year?
Division Champs! 4 0.02%
Second 8 0.03%
Third 8 0.03%
Last place where they belong 6 0.02%
Who cares? We want free hot dogs! 24,915 99.90%
Voters: 24941. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default 2016/2017 Denver Bronco Smack Thread

With any luck, Donkver will keep Potatohead in the barn for another year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Is Brock the answer? Really not sure, but I'm pretty sure we are going to get a year to find out.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
Is Brock the answer? Really not sure, but I'm pretty sure we are going to get a year to find out.
I think the Donks have seen enough. Prepare for a QB pick up in FA and or in the draft.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

I wonder what Donkver plans to do with all their starters that are going to be free agents this year?

11 million under the cap, and how many pending free agents?

DeMarcus Ware, Brock Osweiler, Von Miller, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, Malik Jackson ... who else?

Ware is most assuredly gone. Wonder who else Potatohead's contract will cost the Donks?

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-21-2016, 07:46 PM
Learn to THINK

This is an outrage!!!!!!!

Bring back the 2015-16 Donks suck page. It's still 2016!.

#donksstillsuck

Old 02-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
I think the Donks have seen enough. Prepare for a QB pick up in FA and or in the draft.
I'm of the feeling that we will bring in a veteran, but Brock will get the nod.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I wonder what Donkver plans to do with all their starters that are going to be free agents this year?

11 million under the cap, and how many pending free agents?

DeMarcus Ware, Brock Osweiler, Von Miller, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, Malik Jackson ... who else?

Ware is most assuredly gone. Wonder who else Potatohead's contract will cost the Donks?
Ware is under contract for 2016, but many think he could be a cap casualty. His contract for 2016, Ware will earn a base salary of $7,000,000 and a roster bonus of $3,000,000. Ware has a cap hit of $11,666,668 while his dead money value is $1,666,668.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:25 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
Ware is under contract for 2016, but many think he could be a cap casualty. His contract for 2016, Ware will earn a base salary of $7,000,000 and a roster bonus of $3,000,000. Ware has a cap hit of $11,666,668 while his dead money value is $1,666,668.
I wish I had some smack to talk in regards to this, but the unfortunate reality is I don't.

I've been in the group that think Ware could be a cap casualty, but that was before the playoffs. I personally don't think he lived up to his contract over the past 2 regular seasons. In the playoffs this year he definitely turned it on though, and earned his pay. I still say NE wasn't even attempting to block him for most of the game, but regardless he played extremely well in all 3 games. It's gonna be a little harder to make him a cap casualty after that.

Potatohead will obviously be one, which should bring in savings of about $15 million for 2016, after his $4 million in '15 incentives hit the '16 books The other one I see likely as a cap casualty is Ryan Clady, which would save an additional $9 million for 2016. Clady just missed the entire '15 season and IMO isn't really the Kubiak system type.

So after those two moves, they would have an extra $26 million to work with for 2016, while 2017 and beyond are not looking bad either (and not even taking into consideration the ridiculous amounts the league will likely raise the cap ceiling by each year).

You guys may end up losing Marshall and Malik Jackson to higher bidders, but in the end, they are not guys that are gonna be a nightmare to replace. I think in the end, your defense largely stays intact and your offense remains status quo.

What's really gonna determine your level of success going forward is how the rest of the league evolves. 2015 was an off year, with not very many good teams across the league. The AFC was very weak, with the better teams being decimated by injuries come playoff time. Steven Jackson had no business playing for a team in the AFCCG, and Jordan Todman getting a start in a playoff game is an abomination. IMO, all it will take is 1 or 2 teams to bolster up a little bit, or teams like Pittsburgh to have a little better luck in the injury department to keep you guys from succeeding with a pathetic offense like you had this past year....

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-22-2016, 09:52 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Here is just a reminder of how ridiculously easy of a path the Donks had to the SB. Below are the running back committee's they faced, with numbers for the entire season (including playoffs):

Pittsburgh
Fitzgerald Toussaint - 7 games on roster, 1 start, 139 yards
Jordan Todman - 13 games on roster, 0 starts, 93 yards

Leading rusher in game vs Donks was Martavius Bryant (a WR, who was also the leading receiver in the game by far)

Additionally, the #1 Receiver not only for the team, but the entire league missed the game with a concussion.

New England
Brandon Bolden - 17 games active, 3 starts, 219 yards
Jackson - 4 games on roster, 1 start , 74 yards
White - 16 games active, 2 starts, 72 yards

Leading rusher in game vs Donks was Tom Brady with 13 yards

I'm pretty sure it has to be a record, to face two teams in the playoffs with such dismal rushing attacks (due to multiple injuries). 597 total rushing yards on the season (playoffs included) collectively between the 5 RB's they faced. There is no way any other team has faced a group with less rushing yards on the season for even 1 team, let alone 2 combined.

And just a reminder that both teams gave the Donks a hell of a challenge. One was decided by a fumble from one of the RB's who had no business playing in a playoff game (especially in crunch time) and the other essentially came down to a shanked PAT.

And some have the audacity to say that defense is amongst the greatest ever. Hah !

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...

Last edited by chopper31; 02-22-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Old 02-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Do! Do Not! ...No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
I wish I had some smack to talk in regards to this, but the unfortunate reality is I don't.

I've been in the group that think Ware could be a cap casualty, but that was before the playoffs. I personally don't think he lived up to his contract over the past 2 regular seasons. In the playoffs this year he definitely turned it on though, and earned his pay. I still say NE wasn't even attempting to block him for most of the game, but regardless he played extremely well in all 3 games. It's gonna be a little harder to make him a cap casualty after that.

Potatohead will obviously be one, which should bring in savings of about $15 million for 2016, after his $4 million in '15 incentives hit the '16 books The other one I see likely as a cap casualty is Ryan Clady, which would save an additional $9 million for 2016. Clady just missed the entire '15 season and IMO isn't really the Kubiak system type.

So after those two moves, they would have an extra $26 million to work with for 2016, while 2017 and beyond are not looking bad either (and not even taking into consideration the ridiculous amounts the league will likely raise the cap ceiling by each year).

You guys may end up losing Marshall and Malik Jackson to higher bidders, but in the end, they are not guys that are gonna be a nightmare to replace. I think in the end, your defense largely stays intact and your offense remains status quo.

What's really gonna determine your level of success going forward is how the rest of the league evolves. 2015 was an off year, with not very many good teams across the league. The AFC was very weak, with the better teams being decimated by injuries come playoff time. Steven Jackson had no business playing for a team in the AFCCG, and Jordan Todman getting a start in a playoff game is an abomination. IMO, all it will take is 1 or 2 teams to bolster up a little bit, or teams like Pittsburgh to have a little better luck in the injury department to keep you guys from succeeding with a pathetic offense like you had this past year....
Ware really played well in the playoffs and is well respected in the locker room. It would be tough parting ways with him. Clady may stay at a reduced price or just be gone. He did play in a ZBS at Boise St.

Closed Thread