Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcat View Post
We had a discussions a while back. I made the comment that Cleveland and Jacksonville had no trap games. You only get trap games with a winning record or take a team lightly. I can't imagine Cleveland fans doing that. That's not quite an insult. It's just fan stuff, isn't it?????

Cleveland is doing way better in the sports world than San Diego.
Cleveland has a champion in the Cavs. We don't have a team.
The Indians took part to the wire in what I think is the greatest World Series of my lifetime. The Padres watched it on TV like I did.
So, Cleveland has that.

I am sure the Browns fans are among the best in loyalty. I spent 40 years waiting for the Cubs.

We'll talk in Browns week. We have the Bucs to think of.
Holy thread-resurrection, Batman!!

12 years??

Just to say we won't talk about the Browns until next week??

APPROVED!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Hall of Famer

I have a distinct pro-Cleveland bias, as my father's family came out of Shaker Heights. Also, there were some pretty decent Cleveland people who contributed to the life of the City of San Diego -- I'm thinking in particular of the ever-amiable Channel 8 weather man, Bob Dale, who also hosted a show about the San Diego Zoo back in the day. Cleveland, so far as I can detect, is a blue collar city slowly going high tech, in a sustained economic recovery much like that of San Diego after the Soviet Union collapsed and the aircraft and aerospace plants went away in the early 90's.

On a cross-country trip in the Summer of 2008, my family and I stayed at a State of Ohio run resort, Geneva on the Lake, which was a delight, including the old section of town, with its lemonade stands and pinball machines, a total throwback to the early 60's.

I have no grievance with the Browns. In fact, if the Chargers leave San Diego, I guess I become a Browns fan by default.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:17 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
I have a distinct pro-Cleveland bias, as my father's family came out of Shaker Heights. Also, there were some pretty decent Cleveland people who contributed to the life of the City of San Diego -- I'm thinking in particular of the ever-amiable Channel 8 weather man, Bob Dale, who also hosted a show about the San Diego Zoo back in the day. Cleveland, so far as I can detect, is a blue collar city slowly going high tech, in a sustained economic recovery much like that of San Diego after the Soviet Union collapsed and the aircraft and aerospace plants went away in the early 90's.

On a cross-country trip in the Summer of 2008, my family and I stayed at a State of Ohio run resort, Geneva on the Lake, which was a delight, including the old section of town, with its lemonade stands and pinball machines, a total throwback to the early 60's.

I have no grievance with the Browns. In fact, if the Chargers leave San Diego, I guess I become a Browns fan by default.
You have my condolences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Misunderstood

I'll take the chargers against anyone this next game...I have not looked at the schedule, honest.

PR will be trying to make up for the last throw...He will play great.

Hot dog bet anyone....
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
I'll take the chargers against anyone this next game...I have not looked at the schedule, honest.

PR will be trying to make up for the last throw...He will play great.

Hot dog bet anyone....
Just for clarity, you want to take the Chargers on a Chargers message board, and have Charger fans take some team in another conference that is about 3000 miles away from us.

Do I have that right ?

Old 12-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Misunderstood

freak, I had not thought of that, but you are right...

Now that I have looked at the schedule (after my post) it does seem a bit odd...But there has to be realistics on here (not real sure about that) but if the Bolts were playing New England or the Cowboys, it would be a fun bet.

Tell you what freak, I'll take the Panthers, even though I like the Bolt's chances against them....

Cold facts...
Going across 3 time zones with no hope of making playoffs...(both teams are not good this season)
Needing to keep losing for draft position....
Cold game....
Yada, Yada, Yada....
Old 12-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Misunderstood

Well, I was forced to take the Panthers by freak...That's the way it goes sometimes...

It is painful watching PR come apart...He hasn't the arm to throw those long passes anymore...Not sure he ever did...

Tell you what freak, just forget the bet.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Misunderstood

New England keeps on rolling....

They have injuries and still dominate....Of course their injuries are not as extensive as the Chargers, but it is amazing just the same....

Brady is almost as good as Peyton Manning was, almost.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Misunderstood

New England sure has my attention...
Old 12-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
Injuries not as extensive? Bruh the best TE in the league is out for us. Now with Dola down, we have a shockingly thin receiving corps.

That said, we still beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, guaranteed.
I will admit, I don't pay attention. But-- are you saying you had two injuries?