Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There can only be one Freak--otherwise, it's normal...
Freak loves Woodeye and DieHard. Date nights cannot be far away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:56 AM
HOFer

As expected, there will be a 14th season: Chargers have agreed to terms with TE Antonio Gates, source confirms. @RapSheet first reported.

https://twitter.com/sdutgehlken/stat...09477831200768
Old 03-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Chargers signing elsewhere

I know we get all excited when we sign a FA - however those of ours that sign elsewhere open up more holes in our roster. With that in mind I'm thinking about the new holes we have to fill:

LaDarius Green > PITT: Green always seemed to be more promise than production. He'd make some great plays and then he'd drop a couple of passes. I'd have liked to see him stick around - but I can see that he'd not want to spend another year or 2 behind Gates. I'd like to see the Chargers pick up a TE in the draft this year that can learn behind Gates & be ready to pick up when he retires.

Kendall Reyes > WASH: Seemed that he was going to be pretty good in his rookie year - but then never developed beyond that. Though he may not have been a star player he was a starter which means that he was better than anyone else that we have on the roster. We may have solved the hole in the middle - but now we have one on the outside. We still only have 1 #1 pick - and we are weaker @ both Safety and DL than when we were last year.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:03 AM
I'm No Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromJamul View Post
I know we get all excited when we sign a FA - however those of ours that sign elsewhere open up more holes in our roster. With that in mind I'm thinking about the new holes we have to fill:

LaDarius Green > PITT: Green always seemed to be more promise than production. He'd make some great plays and then he'd drop a couple of passes. I'd have liked to see him stick around - but I can see that he'd not want to spend another year or 2 behind Gates. I'd like to see the Chargers pick up a TE in the draft this year that can learn behind Gates & be ready to pick up when he retires.

Kendall Reyes > WASH: Seemed that he was going to be pretty good in his rookie year - but then never developed beyond that. Though he may not have been a star player he was a starter which means that he was better than anyone else that we have on the roster. We may have solved the hole in the middle - but now we have one on the outside. We still only have 1 #1 pick - and we are weaker @ both Safety and DL than when we were last year.
We aren't weaker on DL until we see his replacement. Mebane is an upgrade at nose and makes Luiget better as a result. This is a win. At least on paper, a win.

And I know there are plenty of guys that can be picked up cheap that would be equal to Reyes... let alone drafting a top guy that upgrades his position as well.

I don't we are done in FA... there are plenty of great players left. At least that's what agent David Canter tells me.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
LAme

Reyes... See ya!

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Reyes is young and has potential as a pass rusher, but he was really bad for us. Mebane is a huge upgrade along the D line , granted they play different positions.

Green is a good receiving TE with ProBowl potential but Gates is better and we have him for 2 years longer. We need a TE that can block, and Green isn't that. The biggest loss so far is M80 and we already replaced him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Reyes is young and has potential as a pass rusher, but he was really bad for us. Mebane is a huge upgrade along the D line , granted they play different positions.

Green is a good receiving TE with ProBowl potential but Gates is better and we have him for 2 years longer. We need a TE that can block, and Green isn't that. The biggest loss so far is M80 and we already replaced him.
You forgot about Weddle.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM

Green never lived up to the hype.

Reyes.... just look at the run stats.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Damion Square re-signs. Not a sexy re-sign. But he played effectively at the end of the season.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Damion Square re-signs. Not a sexy re-sign. But he played effectively at the end of the season.
I like this guy.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale