Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2016, 02:01 PM

We could provide thousands of examples of inept management. Keeping and even extending Mike McCoy is a prime example of the cluelessness of the organization that starts at the top with the Spanos family.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4PT0R View Post
We could provide thousands of examples of inept management. Keeping and even extending Mike McCoy is a prime example of the cluelessness of the organization that starts at the top with the Spanos family.
Yup. So clueless in fact, that they are 1 of only 32 families in the world to own an NFL team.

In fact, they're so clueless that they own a couple of multi-million dollar per year companies.

I wish I was clueless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:40 PM
dumsux

Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Yup. So clueless in fact, that they are 1 of only 32 families in the world to own an NFL team.

In fact, they're so clueless that they own a couple of multi-million dollar per year companies.

I wish I was clueless.
Clearly they are not clueless.....

But then again, they seemed a bit clueless when that relocation vote was taken.

GO BOLTS !
Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Why are the same teams dominating every year? Because they have great football minds making decisions for the team. From there the coaches are doing a good job coaching up their players. And of course, the players are executing on the field. You can't be too surprised to see the Chargers where they are. When the good players on the team began to leave, the Chargers never properly replaced them with long term solutions. The Patriots have mastered that aspect of the game. They get rid of their players before a decline and then fill that spot with someone who buys into the system and gets the job done. Simply having Tom Brady is meaningless without the proper team, coaches, and organization surrounding him.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Hall of Famer

I believe in MM to help build a solid game plan week in and week out.

But most of my credit will go to the players who are able to execute the game plan.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer

The Patriots are only implementing what Bill Walsh has done with the 49ers. Walsh included this form of management in his book entitled "Finding the Winning Edge". Walsh will have these conversations with players including his star players i.e Montana, Rice that they may not make the roster or start. He realized that players including coaches had a certain shelf life before they needed to be replaced. This can come across as cold and calculating but when you're building a contending team you make those tough decisions.

Take Gates....great great tight end. As a fan, I'd love to see him play and break the all time td record. But if you're managing a team you would of sent him away a few years ago based on Walsh's theory. Gates is the exception to the rule given he still makes safeties and linebackers look bad on Sundays.

Go Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigious5150 View Post
Why are the same teams dominating every year? Because they have great football minds making decisions for the team. From there the coaches are doing a good job coaching up their players. And of course, the players are executing on the field. You can't be too surprised to see the Chargers where they are. When the good players on the team began to leave, the Chargers never properly replaced them with long term solutions. The Patriots have mastered that aspect of the game. They get rid of their players before a decline and then fill that spot with someone who buys into the system and gets the job done. Simply having Tom Brady is meaningless without the proper team, coaches, and organization surrounding him.

Last edited by ltinabottle; 04-08-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Veteran

Cool inside - out

There are a lot of experts who believe a winning team is built from the inside...out. OL and DL,QB,TEs, etc. It seems to me that this team ignores this philosophy. TT seems to concentrate more on the outside players (wrs and dbs) instead of interior linemen on both sides of the ball. We get a guard and try to make him a center. Why not leave the guard at guard...and get a real center! Someone who has played it through college or a free agent pro. I don't get it. Everything is a project with us. This draft is real critical. We have to get top talent at "need" positions. Both lines are a priority. We all know it, so we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind if they drafted 4 lineman (2 on each side). If PR goes through another year like last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he said "ADIOS" and retired. I wouldn't blame him. His last few years must feel like a lifetime of seasons.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:11 PM
vagabond ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post

I wish I was clueless.
clueless doesnt mean they dont know how to make money...clueless as in they dont know how to build a winning team. we know they arent clueless as in dimwits.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:08 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Clearly they are not clueless.....

But then again, they seemed a bit clueless when that relocation vote was taken.
?????????????

I told you before during and after that they orchestrated the thing. Far far far from clueless about it.