Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2016, 05:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
?????????????

I told you before during and after that they orchestrated the thing. Far far far from clueless about it.
Oh I forgot, the Carson project is still on, and you are the Grand Emperor.....

Spanos never saw that outcome coming when the owners voted....he was clueless.

GO BOLTS !
Old 04-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Oh I forgot, the Carson project is still on, and you are the Grand Emperor.....

Spanos never saw that outcome coming when the owners voted....he was clueless.
I think you are being naīve about that. Oh look, a French word.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I think you are being naīve about that. Oh look, a French word.
LOL.
Gauche.
He's of the
Rive Gauche
Crowd...

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 04-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

CT admits he's not clueless enough. There's your answer! What does this team have (other than failure) that other teams don't have? Charger Tom!

The millstone around this team's neck!!

Meticulous grammar and spelling requested. Thank you.

Haikus on request.

San Diego Chargers: Always a good excuse for failure.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
but, but, but...he wanted to hire his brother (or was it son) as OC? that's why he got himself canned. NO nepotism allowed in this establishment...
EXCEPT if you're a Spanos...
Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILRIDER View Post
There are a lot of experts who believe a winning team is built from the inside...out. OL and DL,QB,TEs, etc. It seems to me that this team ignores this philosophy. TT seems to concentrate more on the outside players (wrs and dbs) instead of interior linemen on both sides of the ball. We get a guard and try to make him a center. Why not leave the guard at guard...and get a real center! Someone who has played it through college or a free agent pro. I don't get it. Everything is a project with us. This draft is real critical. We have to get top talent at "need" positions. Both lines are a priority. We all know it, so we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind if they drafted 4 lineman (2 on each side). If PR goes through another year like last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he said "ADIOS" and retired. I wouldn't blame him. His last few years must feel like a lifetime of seasons.
Wow, Trail, u hit the nail on the head. Everyone knew Fluker probably wouldn't be able to handle tackle at the pro level, so TT drafts him and sure enough--Fluker failed at tackle and now we're trying to shift him to guard. Watt was a solid guard in college ball, and what does TT do? Drafts him and tries to turn him into a center. When you're rebuilding the worst O-line in football, quit trying to overthink the situation and just draft solid players and LEAVE them at the position at which they're proven starters.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Hall of Famer

What goes around comes around with regards to Spanos bumblings last season. I know I was smiling when the owners vote went down and Spanos left the owners meeting with his tail between his legs. He continued to bumble with his supposed talks with Rams ownership. There lies hope now with the stadium proposal downtown. Spanos has a chance to save face. He will need TT and FO help in a big way this off season.

TT does need to keep it simple. Pick impact players at their positions. We have the higher pick in each round so lets hope he makes it count. A home run draft can make a huge difference to this franchise. If TT doesn't address the offensive line after paying players to keep a mediocre line intact, then we will continue to see the mediocrity on offense in spite of Rivers.

I'm surprised you're not a Cardinal fan. The approach in searching for a new coach by hiring Wolfe was good but in the end we missed on getting Bruce Arians. I think a coach of his caliber would of masked some of the ownership bumblings to this point.

Go Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILRIDER View Post
I just finished reading an article by Marc Sessler about the states of AFC teams. He rates the Patriots and the Steelers as "Heavyweights:" The Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos as "Playoff Ready:" He has the Chargers as "Lagging Behind." In his opinion, no team is "Ready to make a Leap."

My first thought was, why/how do the top teams keep dominating year after year, and the also-rans always struggle. As a longtime Charger fan, I'm getting sick of this crap. I live in "The AZ" now, and at one time the Bolts and the Cardinals were the same......but not anymore! The Cardinals have progressed while our Bolts have continued to slide. Last year was just about as bad as it gets. And we've got a very good QB! What gives?!

Someone enlighten me with their expertise. I'm a fan....not a coach/etc. The top teams DON"T get high draft choices, yet, they still get high performances. High draft-low draft, it doesn't seem to make any difference with us. Free agents......we get mostly "MEH"....... Is ownership the problem?

Last edited by ltinabottle; 04-09-2016 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Hall of Famer

You see teams all the time that rise from the depths. Currently the perennial bottom feeding Raiders look like they gotten better. Could be that picking near the top of the draft CAN help.
Heck, Chuck Noll's pathetic Steelers recovered from 4 wins per yr avg in his 1st three seasons to win 4 Superbowl titles. McCoy's way ahead of Noll's record so far.

4-12 in one season means they WERE 4-12. Fact. It means little about 2016 other than we get some great draft picks.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudparty View Post
CT admits he's not clueless enough. There's your answer! What does this team have (other than failure) that other teams don't have? Charger Tom!

The millstone around this team's neck!!

You know he won't read your shot unless it's in haiku form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Hall of Famer

If we have the talent we have now and pick up one stand out player in that draft (at any position) and manage to only endure minor injuries then we will get to 6-2 pretty easily.

What happens now though is the spotlight shines our way (a bit) and peeps start mentioning Chargers and how Rivers has been the player of the week..etc

THAT'S when we fall. We can't handle any pressure or attention without becoming nervous wrecks and making a fool of ourselves which ultimately
leads us to 7-11.

Most teams do it.
Every team I've ever supported has acted this way. I personally act this way in life even though I know I can do better.
How do we instill that Patriot type Juggernaut confidence?

Every player they pick up, they beat that 'failure is not an option' mentality into them and they go on to succeed, Why can't we do that?

We know Rivers can be a beast and a leader, he trips up alot but he doesn't have a leader to pick him back up to lead again.
Then there's MM, He's the real leader of the team...But still he also needs a leader to pick him up when he falls.. which would be the 'organization'.

How do we, as a giant 'organization' find the confidence and killer instinct to shine in the spotlight?

That is why we always fail and will always fail until we fix that.

Honestly I don't even know what I'm talking about and how I got here. Fascinating.