Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win the AFC West in 2016?
Broncos 11 22.45%
Chargers 24 48.98%
Chiefs 7 14.29%
Raiders 7 14.29%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiegoDuck View Post
I think it'll be the raiduhs or the chefs. Some people need to back away from all this jargon that we were really a 9-7 team that finished 4-12. We were 4-12. We were getting beaten soundly up front on both sides of the ball all season.Thats how teams get to be 4-12. We still have issues on both sides of the ball up front. We should be slightly better, but I'm thinking 8-8 at best. The other 3 teams in our division are all better than us.

We messed up the draft in the first 2 rounds, we can't afford to do that if we want to compete for a playoff spot.
Im sorry, because i think we will be a better team than last year. Combine that with a weakened denver without pey pey and we have a solid chance this year. The defense will be better...the offense will be better....i dont share your extreme negativity for the upcoming season.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Well we lost 9 games by one possession. Without all the injuries I say we win about half of them. That would make us an 8-8 to 9-7 team, which is what we were when we didn't have nearly as many injuries.

On paper the D looks better than last year. Still have some questions marks especially at safety. CB could turn out to be a weak point or very strong. It's going to depend on Flowers, Hayward and the development of Mager.

Offensively the Wiz is back. That can only be a good thing. Question marks are still on the O line. But we've filled Floyd's replacement nicely. Henry the rookie TE is a better route runner than Green and a better blocker as well. Our receiving core is not top notch, but it's pretty good. The run game should get better as I can't see it getting worse.

For us injuries are always a caveat. Hard to predict and we've had pretty bad luck in recent years. That could derail things yet again.

I think we are a better team than last year on paper. We'll see how that works out. But it looks to me that the AFC West is wide open. Which team will step up is the question.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
I think it'll be the raiduhs or the chefs. Some people need to back away from all this jargon that we were really a 9-7 team that finished 4-12. We were 4-12. We were getting beaten soundly up front on both sides of the ball all season.Thats how teams get to be 4-12. We still have issues on both sides of the ball up front. We should be slightly better, but I'm thinking 8-8 at best. The other 3 teams in our division are all better than us.

We messed up the draft in the first 2 rounds, we can't afford to do that if we want to compete for a playoff spot.
What needs to give you pause, is how many one score games we lost. I didn't look up the number, but I remember it was a lot. That's how easy you can turn 4-12 around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:36 PM
"stuck in San Diego"

It's great that you all are optimistic. I've been the same in the past but not this year. Last year we barely beat Detroit, Cleveland and Jacksonville with the first two being home games. Those three could have easily been losses.

In my opinion, the raiders and broncos are better than the Chargers. KC is a push though recently KC has had our number.

Hoping we do turn the corner but not expecting it.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaassttt View Post
It's great that you all are optimistic. I've been the same in the past but not this year. Last year we barely beat Detroit, Cleveland and Jacksonville with the first two being home games. Those three could have easily been losses.

In my opinion, the raiders and broncos are better than the Chargers. KC is a push though recently KC has had our number.

Hoping we do turn the corner but not expecting it.
Thanks for posting rookie. What is the definition of fan ? You are fully allowed to project that your team will suck, and still call yourself of fan. But I have to tell ya, its beyond me why a person would want to do that.

I like being optimistic about any team that is supposed to get my optimism up on Gameday's. Call me crazy I suppose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:47 AM
"stuck in San Diego"

Mister Freak, I have always enjoyed your posts and shared your optimism but this coming year I do not. I may be a rookie on this site but have not missed a home game since 2006.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaassttt View Post
Mister Freak, I have always enjoyed your posts and shared your optimism but this coming year I do not. I may be a rookie on this site but have not missed a home game since 2006.
Congrats on the home streak !!!

My biggest fear is that you go to all the games gloomy doomy. Where's the fun in that ? You are robbing yourself of your own fun. Robbing before it can even be stole from you. Its easy to be gloomy, have them lose, then you have a built in defense mechanism of "Its ok. I knew they would suck."

Have fun ! Cheer your team. Root. Rah rah. If they go 4-12 again, to heck with it. At least you had the fun of hope and cheering. You never know, they could make the playoffs to really extend your enjoyment.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbertone View Post
What do you think of our team Dave?

"My god - it's full of stars."
Very well done.

Nominated.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:56 PM
I feel the need for speed

Not exactly sure why stating facts equals "extreme negativity"? We were 4-12 last season, we did get beaten at the LOS all season, and all 3 of the other teams in our division will most likely be favored when we play them, and considered better than us.

I also said I thought we'd be a little better this year, possibly 8-8. I believe it's a very honest assessment. I hope I'm wrong. Doesn't happen very often these days

Ducks and Chargers !!
Old 05-08-2016, 12:25 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
I hope I'm wrong. Doesn't happen very often these days
Congrats!!!!!!