Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DClark View Post
Trade a 4th and Clemens
We need 4th down we can't trade that away. We need a down for our punter to work on his clutch 17 yarders out of the end zone.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Why not. 2 Gordons are better than 1.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Isn't he suspended for a couple of games this season? Chargers would probably stay away from him.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Rookie

Yes, he's suspended for the first 4 games. He keeps failing the nfl drug policy for alcohol and weed. I think he's in the last year of his rookie contract. I would hope that he would be smart enough to stay drug free for 6 months to reistablish his FA value. He'd have PR throwing him the ball and racking up the stats...big pay day straight ahead. But, he's shown nothing but stupidity in the past...and as forest says: stupid is as stupid does. But the Chargers need to do something, as losing Keenan and Stevie is too much to try and overcome. Cleveland will take a 4th round pick for him, and the bolts should bite and make the trade.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Ocean Beach

This team is still a year away. They'll have all their key players back next year assuming MI is resigned + another draft class. No matter the outcome of this year Next years team should be even better. Don't give away valuable picks, especially for someone who hasn't played a game in over a year, isn't on the same page as PR, doesn't know the playbook, and is one of the biggest headaches in the league. I wouldn't give up a fourth for him let alone a second +
Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Rookie

Great. Heading into week 2 and you are already throwing in the towel and waiting for next year? Sorry, but as a diehard Charger fan for 40 years, and coming from a family that has had season tickets for over 50+ years - I'm in it to win it each and every year. A 4th is nothing. If he's a headache or fails a drug test he's gone. No one can cry over losing a 4th rd pick to gamble on a proven, all-pro, #1 wideout.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltcutter View Post
Great. Heading into week 2 and you are already throwing in the towel and waiting for next year? Sorry, but as a diehard Charger fan for 40 years, and coming from a family that has had season tickets for over 50+ years - I'm in it to win it each and every year. A 4th is nothing. If he's a headache or fails a drug test he's gone. No one can cry over losing a 4th rd pick to gamble on a proven, all-pro, #1 wideout.
I'm not throwing in the towel. Gordon can't stay on the field. Why would you give up a 2nd rounder for a guy on a one year deal who hasn't played in a year and has proven his mind is constantly in the wrong places. He's the last guy I would want around all the young guys on this team. If anything this team lacks leadership, bringing him in is an accident waiting to happen. As a diehard Chargers fan and season ticket holder, I still think there are enough weapons on this team for the offense to score enough points. No one said anything about "throwing in the towel".
Old 09-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltcutter View Post
Yes, he's suspended for the first 4 games. He keeps failing the nfl drug policy for alcohol and weed. I think he's in the last year of his rookie contract. I would hope that he would be smart enough to stay drug free for 6 months to reistablish his FA value. He'd have PR throwing him the ball and racking up the stats...big pay day straight ahead. But, he's shown nothing but stupidity in the past...and as forest says: stupid is as stupid does. But the Chargers need to do something, as losing Keenan and Stevie is too much to try and overcome. Cleveland will take a 4th round pick for him, and the bolts should bite and make the trade.
But here is the hell of it:

When that guy is on the field it is complete and utter Beast Mode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I'm not throwing in the towel. Gordon can't stay on the field. Why would you give up a 2nd rounder for a guy on a one year deal who hasn't played in a year and has proven his mind is constantly in the wrong places. He's the last guy I would want around all the young guys on this team. If anything this team lacks leadership, bringing him in is an accident waiting to happen. As a diehard Chargers fan and season ticket holder, I still think there are enough weapons on this team for the offense to score enough points. No one said anything about "throwing in the towel".
I said 4th round pick, not a 2nd. And I stand by it. A 4th is nothing. Pay the man.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
But here is the hell of it:

When that guy is on the field it is complete and utter Beast Mode.
Yup. And he'll be playing for his second contract. He'd have to be really really dumb to jeopardize that...the weed can wait...