Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Merfinator's Avatar
Merfinator Merfinator is offline
Aww Shucks!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Palos Verdes
Posts: 4,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That Brown is a good football player.
Yeah I liked what I saw from him in preseason, but he's playing much better than I could have hoped for at this point in the season. Dude is straight balling.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM
boltfansince69 boltfansince69 is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posts: 517
Default

Great job Pags and Defense! Having Bosa and Brown out there sure seems to have helped the pass rush a bit! Keep it going!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2016, 04:29 PM
nEoQuIcKsiLvEr's Avatar
nEoQuIcKsiLvEr nEoQuIcKsiLvEr is offline
Charger realist, idealist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,193
Default

Yes, Pagano deserves some praise. With some big name pieces out, he's making the defense go out and work.
__________________
Disclaimer: Charger fans should have tempered expectations
When does CMB get some strength and conditioning?
Quote:
"My way of joking is, to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world."
- George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-14-2016, 04:48 PM
NoMoreChillies's Avatar
NoMoreChillies NoMoreChillies is offline
outback goon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Outback
Posts: 2,267
Default

Amazing what a decent pass rush can do

Good Job Pags. Always supported you
__________________
I miss San Diego
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-14-2016, 04:55 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
Really guys? The defensive effort was good. But one good complete game by the defense doesn't a good year or career here make. Our defense is perennially in the bottom 10 in the league. Please
Ummm, without fact checking you, I believe you are wrong about that.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM
SDCPB SDCPB is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: beaverton
Posts: 3,508
Default

We were playing prevent defense at the end of the Thursday night game. I thought we should've been more aggressive when we still had an 11 point lead.

Last edited by SDCPB; 10-14-2016 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-2016, 08:15 PM
charger1_sj charger1_sj is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 35,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Ummm, without fact checking you, I believe you are wrong about that.
I already fact checked him, he's wrong. The closest we came to bottom 10 was last year where we finished bottom 11th in scoring D. Much better in yards allowed though. We have not been in the bottom 10 in the last 10 years and possibly longer.

Normally our D gives up around 21 ppg which usually puts us somewhere in the muddled middle, but usually closer to top 10. Last year we allowed over 24 ppg which slid us down, but not quite bottom 10. When a D give up less than 20ppg they are normally top 10, we've finished in the top 10 a couple times in the last 10 years.
__________________
Did you think it was over?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-14-2016, 08:20 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Pags definitely deserves some recognition for the effort of his defense last night.

Oftentimes much maligned, Pags had his dogs prowling last night, and they kept Denver's offense guessing.

As a unit, they looked really, really good. Bosa is beasting it up, and Pags is using him all over the front. Lovin' it.

Well done, Coach!
How many times did the Chargers blitz? I think less than 10. It worked.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-14-2016, 08:23 PM
perryao's Avatar
perryao perryao is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Spring Valley
Posts: 18,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
Really guys? The defensive effort was good. But one good complete game by the defense doesn't a good year or career here make. Our defense is perennially in the bottom 10 in the league. Please
I don't see anyone saying different.
__________________
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued." Thomas Huxley

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Raider Disliker Raider Disliker is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
Amazing what a decent pass rush can do

Good Job Pags. Always supported you
If you think about it, a quarterback for an offense is the offensive team's "brain". Put on a good pass rush, and you disrupt the workings of that brain, or make it work a lot faster. A Hall of Fame quarterback will adapt. The average quarterback will throw incompletions, or fall under a heap of bodies.

Conversely, even an average quarterback, given enough time, will pick the defense apart.

Last edited by Raider Disliker; 10-14-2016 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.