Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2016, 04:38 PM
iR4G3's Avatar
iR4G3 iR4G3 is offline
-INTELESCOYWETRUST-
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: City of Nomads
Posts: 2,637
Default Philip Rivers: Too much Offensive Command Responsibility?

On the 3-4yd line...Rivers decides to go shotgun and pass when, even though Gordon had struggled throughout the game but is the most effective goal-line/redzone scorer the Chargers have, was ignored Once Again!

It seems as if Rivers always makes things more difficult that what it seems...

Another thing, Rivers continues to force passes.
Yes, he doesnt have the right personel to make the plays, but it seems as if he continues to struggle when there isnt any reason to be in such situations.

All they had to do was for the Dolphins to burn their timeouts...but Rivers just...for some un***ly reason, makes decisions that cost the Chargers the win today.

Rivers, in Nick Hardwick's show, "61 seconds"...the overtime question was, 4th and Goal...do you pass...Hardwick answered Rivers before he had a chance to. Rivers said, "More Options..." meaning, continue to ignore the Run-Game.
Rivers continues to put the game on his hands rather than including everyone else.


Welcome to an Early Offseason for the Bolts guys! 10-6/9-7/8-8/7-9/6-10/5-11/4-12 are all possible!!! 10-6 is not going to cut it.
__________________
"Another Day, Another Chargers Pathetic Loss..." -every Chargers fan

Last edited by iR4G3; 11-13-2016 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 71,925
Default

Last week, HOF talk.

This week, tar and feather him!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2016, 04:46 PM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,182
Default

he had a bad game. Miami definitely knew what he was doing and completely outplayed him. They manhandled the Oline, they destroyed Gordon. Still somehow managed 24 points. Shouldve been more too. Crazy how good this team could be if it could just get out of its own way.
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2016, 07:17 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 18,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iR4G3 View Post
On the 3-4yd line...Rivers decides to go shotgun and pass when, even though Gordon had struggled throughout the game but is the most effective goal-line/redzone scorer the Chargers have, was ignored Once Again!

It seems as if Rivers always makes things more difficult that what it seems...

Another thing, Rivers continues to force passes.
Yes, he doesnt have the right personel to make the plays, but it seems as if he continues to struggle when there isnt any reason to be in such situations.

All they had to do was for the Dolphins to burn their timeouts...but Rivers just...for some un***ly reason, makes decisions that cost the Chargers the win today.

Rivers, in Nick Hardwick's show, "61 seconds"...the overtime question was, 4th and Goal...do you pass...Hardwick answered Rivers before he had a chance to. Rivers said, "More Options..." meaning, continue to ignore the Run-Game.
Rivers continues to put the game on his hands rather than including everyone else.


Welcome to an Early Offseason for the Bolts guys! 10-6/9-7/8-8/7-9/6-10/5-11/4-12 are all possible!!! 10-6 is not going to cut it.
Too answer the question in the thread title: Yes, yes he does (have too much leeway to be OC as well as the QB).
__________________
"Science!!" lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2016, 07:54 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,326
Default

He doesn't have too much leeway, he just doesn't have enough talent around him. Our OL got bullied and we were our 3 best receivers. Rivers had no time to pass and didn't get much help from the WRs.
__________________
2017 Live Mock

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2016, 08:07 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
He doesn't have too much leeway, he just doesn't have enough talent around him. Our OL got bullied and we were our 3 best receivers. Rivers had no time to pass and didn't get much help from the WRs.
The bold is the issue, nothing more....well, coaching still is very bad, but other than that.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2016, 08:30 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 18,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The bold is the issue, nothing more....well, coaching still is very bad, but other than that.
Suuuuuuuuure.

He doesn't do anything bad. Those 4 picks, in ONE quarter, had nothing to do with Rivers. Nope. It's all about everybody else, no matter what your eyes tell you.
__________________
"Science!!" lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:52 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 17,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
He doesn't have too much leeway, he just doesn't have enough talent around him. Our OL got bullied and we were our 3 best receivers. Rivers had no time to pass and didn't get much help from the WRs.
KA. DW. Blitz busters.
__________________
the Carson Blend 5.17.17

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:52 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 17,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
he had a bad game. Miami definitely knew what he was doing and completely outplayed him. They manhandled the Oline, they destroyed Gordon. Still somehow managed 24 points. Shouldve been more too. Crazy how good this team could be if it could just get out of its own way.
Dennis Allen.
__________________
the Carson Blend 5.17.17

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-14-2016, 07:29 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Suuuuuuuuure.

He doesn't do anything bad. Those 4 picks, in ONE quarter, had nothing to do with Rivers. Nope. It's all about everybody else, no matter what your eyes tell you.
Clearly Rivers is responsible for his actions, poor reads/throws, but just as clearly the team lacks the talent to win on most occasions. The single biggest impediment to the offence was, and continues to be, a lack of talent found in the o-line group. When Rivers is forced to be far too aggressive, the defence usually wins.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.